SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No more F150 - new Honda Ridgeline
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No more F150 - new Honda Ridgeline Login/Join 
Picture of FlyingScot
posted
Well, last week the day came to say goodbye to our 12-year old F150 Lariat Crew cab. It was showing its age, repair costs going up and reliability going down. 189K on a 5.4 Triton, so we have been doing "soft" shopping of mid-size pickups for last few months. Was mildly interested in Honda but figured we'd end up with a Tacoma...but on test driving, review and pricing how we wanted (loaded)...could not pass up the Honda. It makes the others seem old and obsolete IF you are ok with 5K towing and won't be rock climbing. The AWD works great for light duty, the interior is 4/5th the size of my F150 (seems like), safety features and self driving (almost), great ride, power, and a 1500 lb load all moved me to the Honda. Purchased using Costco (recommended - good deal /easy). A week later and despite the lousy touch screen remain very impressed. Should have this one another decade + ...if looking highly recommend.

Going to miss our Screw...but 4x4 full size with 10K towing is just not needed by me anymore. 21-25 MPG is also a plus...2017 Black Edition. As an engineer...the beefed up unibody, in bed audio, LKAS and ACC, semi ladder frame integrated with unibody, trunk, suspension, variable torque management are all great differentiators from others in class. Wife is happy too Wink

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... that is a good look's.

Happy wife, happy life.

You would be likely to post interior pic?

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I rocked a black Ridgeline for about 8 years. Great daily driver truck.

Ridgeline owners club site has lots of info.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
... that is a good look's.

Happy wife, happy life.

You would be likely to post interior pic?

Lousy quick snaps from inside the garage - there are better ones on the net...

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Looks great! As my grandmother would have said, "You should drive it in good health."

Question: How would you compare the front seat legroom, Honda vs. F150? I am tall, and have very long legs, 36 1/2" inseam, so front seat legroom is a major criterion for me. Headroom is never a problem, and I don't worry too much about rear seat room, as I never sit there in my own vehicle.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great looking truck.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Looks great! As my grandmother would have said, "You should drive it in good health."

Question: How would you compare the front seat legroom, Honda vs. F150? I am tall, and have very long legs, 36 1/2" inseam, so front seat legroom is a major criterion for me. Headroom is never a problem, and I don't worry too much about rear seat room, as I never sit there in my own vehicle.

Front seat legroom and shoulder room is plenty - my buddy is 6' 2" and said it had more room than his Tundra. The seat has plenty of room to go back, plenty of knee room and the wheel is tilt and telescoping with lots of range. You don't sit as high as in the F150 seat....but cold if you wanted as a 10-way power seat with probaly 2-3 inches of vertical adjustment. Lots of headroom. Seating and driving is orders of magnitude more comfortable than in F150 seats, though the newer Lariat might have good seats. I'm 31" inseam so you probably need to check it out in person.

We were surprised - seems like a 4/5 size truck and when compared to Tacoma there is a lot more shoulder room and you aren't seated on the floor with your knees up. Seating Seems bigger / roomier than the new explorer my buddy just bought.

-Scottish proverb

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Thats pretty nice all around, the interior looks especially nice. Congrats. The mileage looks good too.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
The in bed audio, the electric plug in the bed, the dual action tail gate, the hidden trunk in the bed and the safety features give the Ridgeline a lot of utility.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked-up my Black Edition 2.5 weeks ago. It was a replacement for a '06 Ridgeline with 190K miles on it.

Just started lightly accessorizing / modifying it (hard-wiring a dash cam, steering wheel wrap, tinting the front driver & passenger windows, Photodon cover on the infotainment screen, Husky floor mats front & rear, etc.).

It has all of the best features of a light truck & large SUV all mashed-up into 1 vehicle.

Enjoy it...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Nice little trucks, would've definitely be a consideration if I hadn't gone with the F150.
Was behind a gray one on the highway today, looks great on the road, just could use a bit less of a Pilot front-end, IMO.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I had the 1st gen Ridgeline and loved it. I looked at the 2nd gen when I got my Colorado but I was so bummed they didn't keep the rugged look I just couldn't pull the trigeer.

That all black edition sure looks badass though!

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Nice looking truck. I've talked myself into and out of a new Ridgeline a dozen times in the last year. I'm currently "out of", but only because it makes more financial sense to keep driving my old Tundra. I will be looking hard at the used Ridgeline market in a couple of years.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
I will be looking hard at the used Ridgeline market in a couple of years.

Same here. I've had a 1st Gen Ridgeline for almost 10 years and just over 100k. In another couple years, I'll probably be selling it and buying a lightly used Gen 2.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Nice! Tough guy to drive black in S Florida. Cool

Here's my 08 RL in Glades County. Bought it new and have had zero problems.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
^^^
Just what I was thinking a black car??

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the overwhelming majority of truck owners who are essentially suburbanites, only occasionally need a light duty truck but for 90% of the time only need a commuter car, this vehicle makes the most sense.

Any thing with "H O N D A" stamped on it will be of outstanding design and impeccable quality. All of my Honda cars have lasted 10-15 years, I have a Honda lawnmower that is 20 years old. These things are "bullet proof".

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Congrats, very nice!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
3000 miles now and still really enjoying the truck. My 2004 F150 was Black and Tan and just fine for 12+ years, think I'll be ok with this.

Put in an AEM intake, LED high beams and LED reverse lights. Beyond that, my wife drives it 90% of the time - better than a minivan or SUV. The trunk is handy and it drives fantastic, more of a sport truck with 0-60 in 6.5 seconds or so...not bad for 4400 lbs. Transmission is fantastic, they kept it simple with 6-speed. Handles great and carries loads without squatting. Composite bed is the way to go. Still highly recommended, we will have this one a long time.

-Scottish proverb

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The 12 year difference in technology must be amazing. LOL.

If I may suggest a set of Weathertech rain guards since you're in FL where it rains frequently. That's if they make them for the Ridgeline.

I always get them for my cars.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post