SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yesterday our Governor of NC mandated the wearing of face masks.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yesterday our Governor of NC mandated the wearing of face masks. Login/Join 
posted
The Blue Ridge Parkway a short trip (approxmently seventy or so miles) between Fancy-Gap VA and Deep-Gap NC. you may access entrance point of Fancy-Gap either by I77 or US Route 52. NC/Va. a pleasant drive not all the facilities are open but some rest stops are. Traffic was minimal. Our destination was a series of waterfalls near the Deep-Cap NC exit. What we noticed along the way at various over longs were there were occasional masked individuals but most individuals were mask free.

When we arrived at our waterfall destination the area was full of individuals adults to children all age spreads. Again masks were not that evident most if not all mask wearers were Senior Citizens. The majority of those present were young families with children. To a degree Social Distancing was not strictly maintained especially the children.

So on our return trip we exited the Blue Ridge Parkway at Deep Cap NC Route 421 then on to I77.

Yesterday our Governor of NC mandated the wearing of face masks. I think it will be the equivalent of spitting into the wind on his part. In this part of the state it will mostly be ignored!

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Roy Cooper is marginally more intelligent than a piece of shit. It makes no difference, and the jackass was "protesting" mask less with the other jackass liberals. It will be ignored for the most part.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:
In this part of the state it will mostly be ignored!

Same with almost all of Wyoming is so mandated.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yesterday our Governor of NC mandated the wearing of face masks.

And this upsets you why?

I'm having a very hard time understanding the outrage about this.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
because the masks are almost functionally worthless, people don't wear them correctly and its simply a way for most people to virtue signal that they're in tune with the real world and actually real info be damned...its gotta look good

I won't wear a mask...screw them

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:

And this upsets you why?

Why should I be required to wear a mask?

If another person is so susceptible they may get sick and die from being out in public, shouldn't THEY stay home? After all, anything can be delivered to their residence (except maybe gasoline).

Mandated masks = hysteria.

Common sense regarding ones own personal protection = intelligence.

Don't get too close to a stranger, wash your hands, limit public exposure if you're in the "susceptible to" category.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And this upsets you why?

Are you trying to play dumb?

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Might want to move this over to one of the existing china-virus discussions.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lowflash:

And this upsets you why?

I'm having a very hard time understanding the outrage about this.[/QUOTE

nhtagmember quoted reply:

because the masks are almost functionally worthless, people don't wear them correctly and its simply a way for most people to virtue signal that they're in tune with the real world and actually real info be damned...its gotta look good

What he said applies!

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

And this upsets you why?

Because masks are the Facebook frames of the real world. They do absolutely nothing but show how 'woke' that person happens to be. It's a virtual signal and nothing more.

If masks actually did prevent the spread of this virus it would have never even been a blip - many people in Asian counties wear masks any time they leave their homes due to air pollution etc and yet we have a 'global pandemic' that started in one of those countries.

I'd say that they do the exact opposite based on what I've seen of mask wearers behavior - the constant finger fucking they do with their mask - IF they are contagious that shit is now all over their hands - which touch every other damn thing in the store.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the last couple of weeks in our town of about 9K I’ve seen a young man and a young woman, both driving alone, wearing masks. Both had “Bernie” bumper stickers. Go figure.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sreding:
quote:

And this upsets you why?

Because masks are the Facebook frames of the real world. They do absolutely nothing but show how 'woke' that person happens to be. It's a virtual signal and nothing more.

If masks actually did prevent the spread of this virus it would have never even been a blip - many people in Asian counties wear masks any time they leave their homes due to air pollution etc and yet we have a 'global pandemic' that started in one of those countries.

I'd say that they do the exact opposite based on what I've seen of mask wearers behavior - the constant finger fucking they do with their mask - IF they are contagious that shit is now all over their hands - which touch every other damn thing in the store.

If masks work, then why is half the country still shut down? If masks work, why are they releasing prisoners from jail? If masks don’t work, then why are some states mandating people wear them? They either work or the don’t, they can’t have it both ways, which is exactly what they are trying to do.

[IMG:left] 50179254-FC7E-4CA8-AF13-4B6BAB856A53 by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I don't want to live in a world where the covering of one's face is normalized and made mandatory.

The left today has essentially made this and everything else going on a religious movement. And there isn't an ounce of hyperbole in that statement. Cover one's face out in public or else? What other part of the world and religion does that remind you of? And I'm not talking about the Mandalorians.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
My name is Chad, this belongs in the looong Covid thread.

Tell your Governor to go fuck himself

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sreding:
quote:

And this upsets you why?

I see.

My wife works in home healthcare case management. At the peak in our area she was seeing one to three COVID-19 positive patients a day. Right now she is seeing one to three a week.

When she sees a COVID-19 positive patient, both the patient and she wear a mask. These are not the the N95 Tuberculosis masks. These are the same masks you see people out and about wearing. She also wears a pair of goggles, a gown and gloves.

She spends 45 minutes to an hour with each patient and is usually closer than six feet. She also has to make contact with the patient to do vitals.

When the visit is over, she exits the patients home, removes mask, gown, gloves and goggles. She bags up the maks, gown and gloves and disinfects the goggles.

Everyone in our family is still alive.

Now I fully understand that one person wearing a mask does nothing to protect that person. But I don't wear a mask to protect myself. I wear a mask in the event I am COVID-19 positive and asymptomatic. I would feel terrible if I were infect someone who would later go on to die.

It really sickens me to see so many selfish people on this forum along with the righteous outrage over this issue.

When I donate blood, I don't do if for me. I do it to help out someone else who I most likely will never know. When I wear a mask in public, I don't do it for me. I do it to help out others. I do it to help others who may not have a choice but to go out and about for work or for whatever. The post office worker, the grocery store cashier, the Starbucks barrista.

When my wife is providing healthcare services to a COVID-19 positive patient, that patient is required to wear a mask. There is no easy way for a retail service worker to determine who is infected an who is not. So the easiest thing is for everyone in public to wear a mask.

Now, if our elected officials had actually taken the time to explain this and our news organizations would actually report news instead of opinion, more people may have understood this.

I fully expect that between 50% and 80% of the U.S. population will be infected with this virus before it is done. But wearing a mask AND maintaining a least six feet from others AND washing your hands has the potential to reduce the rate of infection to a point where the hospital system will not become overwhelmed.

It also buys time for the medical profession to develop intervention therapies that will increase the probability of a positive outcome for that part of our population that requires hospitalization. If you got infected two months ago your probability of getting better was a lot lower than it is today. If you get sick two months from now the probability of getting better will be higher than it is today. Would you rather have a loved one get sick today or two months from now?

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
No one in our family wears masks. Everyone is still alive. What's your point?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
I am trying to see my 71st. birthday.I will keep wearing my mass everyday i'm outside.Life!

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Mask....lol

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not wearing a mask unless it is mandatory & I’ll rip that sucker off as soon as I hit freedom. I’m 73 and loving it.

“Serenity Now! Serenity Now!”

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Governor was too much a spineless pussy to do order it himself so he pawned it off on the individual cities where 95% of them jumped on board in a heartbeat.

I have mixed feeling about the whole mask thing...while I question their effectiveness I also dont mind wearing one in a crowded store to keep the peace. The only place I refuse to wear on is the gym and thankfully it is not mandatory (Yet).

My personal feeling is that is that "they" want us to buy into the mask thing in order for us to have the illusion of safety and forward progress so that we keep quiet.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post