SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yesterday our Governor of NC mandated the wearing of face masks.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yesterday our Governor of NC mandated the wearing of face masks. Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:
Originally posted by sreding:
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:

And this upsets you why?

I'm having a very hard time understanding the outrage about this.

Because masks are the Facebook frames of the real world. They do absolutely nothing but show how 'woke' that person happens to be. It's a virtual signal and nothing more.

If masks actually did prevent the spread of this virus it would have never even been a blip - many people in Asian counties wear masks any time they leave their homes due to air pollution etc and yet we have a 'global pandemic' that started in one of those countries.

I'd say that they do the exact opposite based on what I've seen of mask wearers behavior - the constant finger fucking they do with their mask - IF they are contagious that shit is now all over their hands - which touch every other damn thing in the store.

I see.

My wife works in home healthcare case management. At the peak in our area she was seeing one to three COVID-19 positive patients a day. Right now she is seeing one to three a week.

When she sees a COVID-19 positive patient, both the patient and she wear a mask. These are not the the N95 Tuberculosis masks. These are the same masks you see people out and about wearing. She also wears a pair of goggles, a gown and gloves.

She spends 45 minutes to an hour with each patient and is usually closer than six feet. She also has to make contact with the patient to do vitals.

When the visit is over, she exits the patients home, removes mask, gown, gloves and goggles. She bags up the maks, gown and gloves and disinfects the goggles.

Everyone in our family is still alive.

Now I fully understand that one person wearing a mask does nothing to protect that person. But I don't wear a mask to protect myself. I wear a mask in the event I am COVID-19 positive and asymptomatic. I would feel terrible if I were infect someone who would later go on to die.

It really sickens me to see so many selfish people on this forum along with the righteous outrage over this issue.

When I donate blood, I don't do if for me. I do it to help out someone else who I most likely will never know. When I wear a mask in public, I don't do it for me. I do it to help out others. I do it to help others who may not have a choice but to go out and about for work or for whatever. The post office worker, the grocery store cashier, the Starbucks barrista.

When my wife is providing healthcare services to a COVID-19 positive patient, that patient is required to wear a mask. There is no easy way for a retail service worker to determine who is infected an who is not. So the easiest thing is for everyone in public to wear a mask.

Now, if our elected officials had actually taken the time to explain this and our news organizations would actually report news instead of opinion, more people may have understood this.

I fully expect that between 50% and 80% of the U.S. population will be infected with this virus before it is done. But wearing a mask AND maintaining a least six feet from others AND washing your hands has the potential to reduce the rate of infection to a point where the hospital system will not become overwhelmed.

It also buys time for the medical profession to develop intervention therapies that will increase the probability of a positive outcome for that part of our population that requires hospitalization. If you got infected two months ago your probability of getting better was a lot lower than it is today. If you get sick two months from now the probability of getting better will be higher than it is today. Would you rather have a loved one get sick today or two months from now?

"I wear a mask so I support the government's decision to require everyone to wear a mask."

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Roy Cooper is marginally more intelligent than a piece of shit.

Wow, you seriously give him way too much credit. I mean this is the guy that closed public access parking to NC Beaches, yet allows you to walk on them, but not stop and take a picture.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
this belongs in the looong Covid thread...

Yay! Another Corona thread!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yep what part of no more threads is so hard to comprehend...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...390044964#9390044964

quote:
It really sickens me to see so many selfish people on this forum along with the righteous outrage over this issue.

And yet. a posting thou doth go!

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
These Dem-wits are getting drunk with power with all of this mask shit. Mad
Control and beating down everyone to submit isn't working with me.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Roy Cooper is a tool - the sooner he gets voted out of office the better. Hell, his Lieutenant Governor is suing him for his overreaching restrictions.

Anyway, from his majesties own executive order:

Exceptions. This Executive Order does not require Face Coverings for-and a Face
Covering does not need to be worn by-a worker, customer, or patron who:
1. Should not wear a Face Covering due to any medical or behavioral condition or
disability (including, but not limited to, any person who has trouble breathing,
or is unconscious or incapacitated, or is otherwise unable to put on or remove
the face covering without assistance);
2. Is under eleven ( 11) years of age;
3. Is actively eating or drinking;
4. Is strenuously exercising;
5. Is seeking to communicate with someone who is hearing-impaired in a way that
requires the mouth to be visible;
6. Is giving a speech for a broadcast or to an audience;
7. Is working at home or is in a personal vehicle;
8. Is temporarily removing his or her Face Covering to secure government or
medical services or for identification purposes;
9. Would be at risk from wearing a Face Covering at work, as determined by local,
state, or federal regulations or workplace safety guidelines;
10. Has found that his or her Face Covering is impeding visibility to operate
equipment or a vehicle; or
11. Is a child whose parent, guardian, or responsible person has been unable to place
the Face Covering safely on the child's face.
Anyone who declines to wear a Face Covering for these reasons should not be required
to produce documentation or any other proof of a condition.

I interpret several exclusions that will preclude me from complying with his majesties order.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested...I posted over in the "mutiny" topic how this is to actually be enforced here in NC. It's actually the business that will be fined.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
If anyone is interested...I posted over in the "mutiny" topic how this is to actually be enforced here in NC. It's actually the business that will be fined.

Per the governors executive order if you meet one of the stated or listed exceptions then the business will not be considered to be out of compliance with the order and won’t be fined. Hint hint.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Roy Cooper is marginally more intelligent than a piece of shit. It makes no difference, and the jackass was "protesting" mask less with the other jackass liberals. It will be ignored for the most part.

Sir,

I take umbrage at your post. I know Roy Cooper personally. To say he is only marginally more intelligent that a piece of shit is shameful. It is shameful to shit. Cooper is nowhere near as intelligent as the smallest rat turd.

On top of that he is one of the most anti-gun, anti-police politicians in the US today.

The only reason he has not done too much damage is that he is too lazy to breathe. A poor little rich boy who has has no record and no legacy to run on. He is wholly owned and operated by the New York and California liberals.

And as for the masks, its just a way to show he is in control. He has been a total idiot about the entire shanghi shivers debacle. He has abdicated responsibility to a liberal New York carpet bagger who has zero ties to the state of NC.

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes. Another mask shaming thread. All the do-gooders disappointed, disgusted, sickened and upset that many of us won’t bend on knee to the political masters “to save one life” of a disease that over 99 percent will survive.

I’m selfish. I get it. The best part.....being free I get to choose to be selfish. If left up to the do-gooders who are disgusted about me having the freedom to be selfish, freedom would be shouted down “to save one life”. Freedom is supposed to be scary.

Did I mention that over 99 percent of people survive?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Good to know. Headed to outer banks later Thank you for posting

Jljones you have no idea if 99% survive. No one knows the survival rate. There are indicators, sure. We won’t know enough to make your declaration for a long time. FWIW, I’d go even lower. .5%. It’s not the death rate that’s going to make this such a killer in the end, it’s the infectivity rate

If 99% of people survive and 200 million Americans get it, 2 million people have died. It’s great. You’re selfish. I’m not going to argue with you. May the odds be ever in your favor. I get why you don’t want to wear a mask. I even respect the reasons you don’t want to wear it. Great. No one should shame you for those reasons. But reveling in those reasons makes you more than selfish, it makes you an asshole. It makes you the non-mask version of the mask wearing Karen. Shaming people for wearing masks is being a dick. Bragging about how awesome and brave you are because you won’t wear a mask is being a dick too. And yep we all have a right to be a dick. But it’d probably be a better world if we could all find a way not to be. Wear it, don’t wear it. We’d all probably be a lot happier if we’d just shut the fuck up about it already

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wear it, don’t wear it. We’d all probably be a lot happier if we’d just shut the fuck up about it already
YES!

That one sentence makes more sense than all of the mask / no-mask posts combined.

Thank you, Kevbo.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't blame anyone for being skeptical of what we're doing in response to covid. A lot of it doesn't make any sense. This will become more apparent as the facts and figures become more available (which is being suppressed right now).

For example; Seattle is part of King County in Washington State. 61% of Covid deaths in King County occurred in elder care facilities.

61%......

I've been making jokes about how we should just take anyone in these facilities,.... or anyone over 60,.... and put them on an airplane or cruise ship and send them to Cancun. We could fight covid and bail out several ailing industries at the same time. Send their medical support people along with them.

Maybe it's a good idea. I want Fauci's job.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:

Per the governors executive order if you meet one of the stated or listed exceptions then the business will not be considered to be out of compliance with the order and won’t be fined. Hint hint.

Just saw another Sheriff announced he will not enforce it. Also the Harris Teeter Chain will not ask anyone to leave. Rather, they will offer a free mask to anyone but if someone declines they will not insist and said their employees are not qualified to determine or ask for proof that someone falls into the exceptions or not. Looks like all my shopping will be with them !

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
This works EVERY Time!

feel free to copy/print

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Wear it, don’t wear it. We’d all probably be a lot happier if we’d just shut the fuck up about it already

This is by far, the most intelligent, and accurate statement posted in this thread.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Looks like I will be shopping with Harris Teeter too! Good on them!

Hopefully that Prick Cooper is a one term Governor. I will do my part to be rid of him when the time comes. Hopefully others will vote too. All this commie cosplay has gone too far. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Cool a new topic that has never been discussed here before.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

This is by far, the most intelligent, and accurate statement posted in this thread.

I agree. Isn't that the attitude we want with regard to CCW? "Hey if you don't like guns, don't carry one".

We have no idea if "Karen" is going through chemo and is scared shitless of getting Covid. We have no idea if "Chad's" mom relies on him to bring her groceries and he is concerned about bringing it to her. They may wish to God they had a fit tested 3M 1860 N95, but can't buy one anywhere. They are doing the best they can with what they have, which may be a damn bandana.

I'm NOT in favor of government mandated mask wear, but the whole mask shaming vs mask mocking thing is stupid. There is a ton of misinformation and bullshit being spewed, including by many of the mask mockers.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
All I know is that the belief that this is only effecting the elderly is wrong. In the last 2 weeks I have admitted 12 positive COVID-19 patients. 5 of them to the ICU only one of which was over the age of 40. Interestingly most of them worked in construction or have spouses working in construction.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post