SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Violence and intimidation thread against the President and his supprters Updated: 10-23-2018
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Violence and intimidation thread against the President and his supprters Updated: 10-23-2018 Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can go down to your county clerk and request it.

Well, I'm telling you... my county clerk does not keep information on party. Nor does the Board of Election Commissioners, with which I am intimately familiar.
What you can get, is registered voters, and 'frequent voters', meaning voted in 3 of past 5 elections. But they do not keep party affiliation information.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Video at link

Senator Mitch McConnell Confronted at Restaurant

http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/20/...staurant-protesters/

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, was confronted Friday night by some angry diners who loudly berated him for his politics.

The Kentucky Senator was eating dinner with his wife at Havana Rumba in Louisville, when 4 men confronted Mitch. The main aggressor screams at McConnell, "Why don't you get out of here? Why don't you leave the entire country?"

The woman who shot the video tells us, before she started recording, the main aggressor slammed his fists down on McConnell's table, grabbed his doggie bag and threw the food out the door of the restaurant.

The woman says the main gripe seemed to be the Senator's stance on Social Security and health care. McConnell recently said entitlement programs are the main cause of massive debt. The woman says before she started shooting, the main aggressor was screaming that McConnell was killing people with his views.

McConnell kept his cool and afterward thanked some of his supporters, shaking their hands.

And there's this ... the woman who shot the video says before McConnell left there appeared to be some dispute over the bill. They talked to the waiter and restaurant manager and apparently resolved it.

Republican lawmakers have had a tough time lately at restaurants.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
the main aggressor slammed his fists down on McConnell's table, grabbed his doggie bag and threw the food out the door of the restaurant.

Not familiar with KY law, but in my parts, this would be theft at the very least, and perhaps strong-arm robbery, depending on the amount of intimidation.

Why aren't these people arrested?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New York man threatened to kill 2 senators who supported Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new...anaughs-confirmation

A New York man threatened to kill two senators for supporting Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the U.S. Supreme Court, federal prosecutors said.

Ronald DeRisi, 74, of Smithtown, N.Y., was charged Friday with threatening federal officials. He was ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation Friday, Newsday reported. DeRisi was ordered to be detained because he “could pose a danger to the community.”

The senators who received the threatening messages were not named by officials.

Prosecutors said DeRisi began leaving the voicemails on Sept. 27, the day Kavanaugh appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee and denied sexually assaulting California psychologist Christine Blasey Ford decades ago.

In the first voicemail, DeRisi did not identify himself but claimed to have a “present” for the senator, according to a criminal complaint.

“It’s a nine-millimeter,” he said, according to the complaint. “Side of your [expletive] … skull … Yeah Kavanaugh – I don’t think so.”

In another call left on the other senator’s phone, the message said, “Listen … don’t you know the guy’s a sex offender? How could you not know that … I’m gonna get you,” according to Newsday.

U.S. Capitol Police said DeRisi left 10 voicemails at the senators' offices.

DeRisi made the calls from a pre-paid cellphone that authorities traced to his debit card, prosecutors said.

Investigators used cellphone records and “location information” from a phone provider to determine the calls were placed in the vicinity of DeRisi’s home in Suffolk County, according to the criminal complaint. They found ammunition and a BB gun at DeRisi’s home after a search warrant was executed, The New York Times reported.

DeRisi previously pleaded guilty to making other harassing calls in a case that involved at least 15 calls he placed to a victim’s home and office, according to the complaint.

DeRisi’s attorney, Peter Brill, said his client was “not able to comprehend right and wrong.” Brill said DeRisi “is not a physical threat to anyone.”

Threatening to kill a U.S. official is a federal crime that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison.

posted Hide Post
Two vandals throw a huge rock through Republican House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy's office window

McCarthy posted a picture on Instagram of the rock lying on his office floor
The House Majority Leader also posted three pictures of the two male suspects
Suspects could be seen loitering in the courtyard outside the office complex
They were said to have stolen office supplies after the break-in on Monday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...s-office-window.html

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
"In an op-ed published Tuesday in the Courier Journal of Louisville, Kentucky, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell defiantly wrote that a protester who harassed him while he dined at a local restaurant last week had neither intimidated him nor ruined his meal." Fox News

I glad the asshole didn't ruin McConnell's evening, but rubbing their nose in it might encourage these clowns to crank it up a notch. On the other hand, maybe that's what's needed before something is done about it.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
the main aggressor slammed his fists down on McConnell's table, grabbed his doggie bag and threw the food out the door of the restaurant.

Not familiar with KY law, but in my parts, this would be theft at the very least, and perhaps strong-arm robbery, depending on the amount of intimidation.

From what I understand, he was guilty of:

Theft by unlawful taking under $300
Littering
Disorderly conduct.

Not sure how much chance you have pursuing charges in Louisville. Frown

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

From what I understand, he was guilty of:

Theft by unlawful taking under $300
Littering
Disorderly conduct.

Not sure how much chance you have pursuing charges in Louisville. Frown

Yeah, not a chance at all, as long as Mayor Big Cheese McBikeLane is in office, and Police Chief Dipshit is still in charge. Mad

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post