SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mulvaney, not Cordray pick, will lead US consumer financial watchdog agency
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mulvaney, not Cordray pick, will lead US consumer financial watchdog agency Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Leandra English is still coming to work at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, but it remains unclear what she actually does there.
Yet the bigger question...why has she not been fired? She obviously is a personnel nightmare and someone unwilling to follow the policy and direction of Mulvaney. My god, I've personally fired people for far less than this! Can her ass and move on!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Leandra English is still coming to work at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, but it remains unclear what she actually does there.
Yet the bigger question...why has she not been fired? She obviously is a personnel nightmare and someone unwilling to follow the policy and direction of Mulvaney. My god, I've personally fired people for far less than this! Can her ass and move on!

+1 I'd have fired every BHO appointee, or their hires, etc down to the janitors if I were Trump.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I don't know. I guess I can only relate this to my working life in LE. Say some Commander in some precinct, division, unit, etc. appoints someone to a particular position, including their own, before resigning. So the Chief cannot do anything about what this lower ranking official did before he or she left the Dept??? That sure doesn't make any sense to me....

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Leandra English got into CFPB by "burrowing"

Early in 2017, before President Trump was inaugurated, English was an obama appointee at OPM.

She was the principal deputy chief of staff at OPM

There was an acting director of OPM (Beth Cobert)

The political appointment position of English was converted into a career civil service post at CFPB in January 2017.

OPM is supposed to approve every move between a political position and a career civil service post.

Her conversion was approved by her old friends at OPM.

The jump also boosted her salary by $11,000

English eventually became chief of staff to Cordray at CFPB.

On 24 November 2017, Cordray made English Deputy Dir of CFPB, and then Cordray resigned the same day.

Cordray said English was then the acting Director for the rest of Cordray's term.

English is still issuing memos to staff that everyone ignores

https://www.wsj.com/articles/l...-hangs-on-1512777472

English is also still pursuing legal action to make her Dir of CFPB

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Still issuing memo's? I hope they are documenting her insubordination so they can terminate her. I'd have IT disable her email account.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
English is also still pursuing legal action to make her Dir of CFPB
Again I'd ask, why isn't she pursuing her law suit from the unemployment line? Heck, even illiterate NFL thugs can be suspended pending the outcome of a legal proceeding. I just don't grasp why this woman is allowed to stay and stir the pot constantly. The court gave the Trump administration what they wanted (i.e. that the president could appoint whomever he wanted to the job). Since Mulvaney has been appointed acting director, English is no longer needed and can be fired. What am I missing here?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I think the recent court ruling was:

"a temporary restraining order to halt the president's pick for acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFBP), Mick Mulvaney, was denied by a judge Tuesday afternoon"

from previous post

so the temp restraining order was denied

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s deputy director, Leandra English, on Wednesday mounted her second effort at shutting out the Trump-appointed acting director of the agency, a power struggle now on a track that would take it to a federal appeals court.

English, represented by Deepak Gupta of Gupta Wessler PLLC, filed an amended complaint requesting a “preliminary and permanent injunction” to block the Trump administration’s designation of White House budget director Mick Mulvaney as the CFPB’s acting director.

Last week, U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly denied English’s request for a temporary restraining order to prevent Mulvaney from controlling the CFPB, saying that the Federal Vacancies Reform Act appeared “on its face” to allow the president to name an acting director for the agency.

English has argued that the Dodd-Frank Act, the law that gave rise to the CFPB, should dictate the process for temporarily replacing the agency director. Under the succession language in Dodd-Frank, the deputy director steps in as the CFPB’s acting director in the “absence or unavailability” of the director.

In the amended complaint, filed late Wednesday, Gupta argued that “the president’s attempt to appoint a still-serving White House staffer to displace the acting head of an independent agency is contrary to the overall statutory design and independence of the bureau, including its mandated independence from the Office of Management and Budget.”

Because her initial attempt was styled as a request for a temporary restraining order, English could not immediately appeal Kelly’s decision. Any denial of her injunction request can be appealed to the D.C. Circuit if it’s denied by Kelly, a Trump-appointee confirmed in September.

Gupta, a former CFPB attorney, has stressed in court that English is not contesting the Trump administration’s authority to take steps to install a Senate-confirmed successor to the agency’s former director, Richard Cordray, who on Tuesday announced his is running for governor of Ohio. Just before stepping down, Cordray promoted English, then his chief of staff, to the deputy director role and said she would become acting director.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Leandra English Resigns From Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

https://hotair.com/archives/20...l-protection-bureau/

After months of legal wrangling, Leanda English announced through her attorney that she was stepping down from her job at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

it wasn’t clear what English was actually doing every day when she came to work

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sure it was.

Even I could have done it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
She was doing what the standard .gov civilian does when they get into hot water but can't be fired - much like the FBI guy Peter Strzok - they are reassigned to "Human Resources" or given "administrative duties", meaning they show up to work at 0800, take an hour long lunch break from 1200-1300, and leave at 1700 everyday. Their time sheets are perfect, 8.0 hrs per day.

Lots of reading the paper, surfing the internet, doing some 'tasks', like reviewing the emergency plan of action in case aliens from the Warg 123B galaxy show up, as opposed to the Warg 123A galaxy, that kind of thing.

Or in Sopranos TV terms, it's a "show, no work" position.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post