SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The original Dark Knight, says good night....witty headline translation: Adam West "campy Batman" has died.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The original Dark Knight, says good night....witty headline translation: Adam West "campy Batman" has died. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I was in a "funk band", playing at the Snowbird, Utah ski resort in about 1972(?). We were all stunned and excited when Batman (Adam West) came in, sat down in the crowd, and stayed for a full set.
At break time, we went outside for some fresh air, and West came over to talk to us. Of course I was shocked speechless into being a gibbering idiot, but I still clearly remember how he said, in his quintessential Batman-voice: "I noticed that the sound of your horn section is particularly cohesive."

He really talked that way! What a cool, unique guy!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
He will be missed.

Next week's episode of the Hollywood Babble-On podcast should be a heartfelt memorial.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Hmmm, how 'bout that. I thought it was June...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
RIP.

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've been watching a few minutes of him every night this week, dubbed, on one of the Spanish stations. Big Grin

Frown

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Another one from my youth passes. We're getting old gang. RIP Batman.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A fun show. RIP.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He also did a lot of television westerns, too. I always liked him.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2334 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
There was only one real Batman, one Robin, and one Batmobile. The rest are just sci-fi copies. If you disagree, the only response is..

<SOCK>

<POW>

<BIFF>

<BLAMO>

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the original Batman a great deal, even though I watched it in reruns as a kid in the late 70's. RIP and Godspeed Batman (Mr. West).

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Same Bat channel, same Bat time. RIP.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post

R.I.P.

Thank you for the childhood memories, Batman.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Hmmm, how 'bout that. I thought it was June...

Oops.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
I have all the shows episodes recorded on my Tablo. Will have to go watch a few of them again.

RIP Adam.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
Same Bat channel, same Bat time. RIP.

Actually, it was:

--1960's TV Nazi--

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
^^^^^;
Outstanding!

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I grew up in the re-run period. Still loved watching them.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
I used to love the scenes where they climbed up buildings. As a kid I always was amazed they didn't fall off....

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
RIP the Bat! He was the only Batman I knew. Recently I saw another series that was from 1943 that starred Lewis Wilson as Batman. Way different. I met Adam West a big car show back in the 70s.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post