SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The original Dark Knight, says good night....witty headline translation: Adam West "campy Batman" has died.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The original Dark Knight, says good night....witty headline translation: Adam West "campy Batman" has died. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Always liked Adam West. Rest in Peace, Batman.

http://www.startribune.com/ada...ies-at-88/427651593/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I was a little boy when that series began. It was my first appointment TV show. Adam West was great and, by all accounts I have ever read, a truly good man.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Holy Unexpected Death Batman.

Rest In Peace Mr. West. Thank your for being part of my childhood.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
one of the first tv series shows I remember watching as a kid

RIP Batman

thanks for the entertainment

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Wow!! More sad news!!! Frown What will Family Guy do now???

RIP, Mr. West/Wayne

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
RIP Adam ...

Cheesh - I had an autograph session with him and Burt at the Seattle Comicon just a few years ago.

What a nice, personable, funny guy ... they all are of the era ...

Shit, Batman won't be the same now ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:

...What a nice, personable, funny guy...

That was my impression of him, too. He enjoyed being the camp superhero, for sure, but I think he enjoyed the "camp" even more than the "superhero."

I tried to find a TV ad he did in the 1980's (?) in which he was in an insane asylum, but no sign of it on Youtube. I don't even remember the product, but I remember his humorous take on himself.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow another great one ripped from us. R.I.P. Caped Crusader. Thanks for all the fond memories
Mr. West. Tell the Joker, Penguin, and Catwoman
hello for us all we miss you.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Batman.

Thank you for the memories.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace Mr. West,
One of my favorite TV shows when I was a kid - loved it. To this day, Adam West is THE BATMAN!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Such a great voice. RIP, Batman.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Say it isn't so!

I grew up watching Batman! A prime time show in the 60's!
I've always told my children that Adam West was the true Batman, and he's the only one I've ever enjoyed watching.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I saw him in a western yesterday.
Terrible actor compared to today's but still part of my childhood wonderment.
RIP Batman

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
That's sad. I start most Saturday mornings (like today) with Batman on H&I. My older daughter is hooked on it now and enjoys it as much as I do.

Rest in peace, Mr. West.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Batman was one of my favorite shows to watch when I was a kid. R.I.P. Adam West, always seemed like a good character guy when I saw him interviewed after the show ended.

My 19-year old saw the news first, he announced it in the house, daughter said "Who was that?"

Son answered "TV's Adam West, Catman! Fairy Godparents!!" Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Very sad. I loved watching Batman in the 60's when I was a kid.
There wasn't anything 'dark' about Adam West's 'Dark Knight'.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
He did a few low level scifi conventions in our two. Best sight was a bunch of them all at the bar drunk going back and forth. Rare to see Batman arguing with Grandpa from the Monsters.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post

Holy Spandex Batman.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I had on my bat-suit was 100% grade-A West.

RIP

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post