SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The original Dark Knight, says good night....witty headline translation: Adam West "campy Batman" has died.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The original Dark Knight, says good night....witty headline translation: Adam West "campy Batman" has died. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post

His greatest role......

Adam West was a truly funny guy.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
i never knew him as batman, but I thought his Family Guy role was absolutely hilarious. It's always cool to me to see how well-loved these stars are, with so many good memories of roles like batman, though.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed coming home from school in the early 70s and tuning in to get my Batman fix on a small black and white Motorola tv.

They had an impressive cast of celebrities as villains...Vincent Price, Eartha Kitt, Art Carney, Milton Berle, Ethel Merman, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Van Johnson, Liberace, Roddy McDowall, George Sanders, Burgess Meredith, Frank Gorshin, Cesar Romero, Julie Newmar to name a few.

He will be missed.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Remember watching those shows as a kid. Heck, I'm old enough to have seen the Batman movie in a theater when it came out. Loved him in that show. He'll be missed.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Sad to see the passage of a childhood icon of mine. I can't think of another pop culture figure and, in turn in this case, actor that was for me more impactful than the Batman / Adam West combo. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person at one of the many cons that he apparently attended, but if I had I am certain he would be the same self-deprecating, friendly, pure awesome presence that he came across as on TV...some essences can't be hidden, and he wasn't that good of an actor. Wink

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you Mr West for a job well done

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Cast of Batman vs Gilligan's Island on Family Fued. Adam West, Vincent Price, Alan Hale, Dawn Wells...

https://youtu.be/-NX6yqCTRO4

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post