SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is this the man to replace Omar??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this the man to replace Omar?? Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Since certain individuals got the thread locked, I'd like to seriously continue the conversation...

It would seem Omar has some competition for her seat. I give you, through Breitbart, the Conservative that will beat her...Lacy Johnson.

https://link.breitbart.com/vie...9davmsm.v9f/b6225c64

Fellow American,

Ilhan Omar’s time in the US Congress has been marked by scandal, corruption, and flat out embarrassment.

Omar’s far-left policies have failed our nation's biggest cities and our citizens for far too long… but it doesn’t have to continue.

My name is Lacy Johnson, and I am the only candidate that can make Ilhan Omar’s first term in Congress, her last term.
[snip]

I rarely, if ever, give to out of state candidates, but I might just be coerced to contribute to Mr. Johnson's campaign. Can any of our Minnesota brothers/sisters shed some light on him? Does he have a snowball's chance in hell?? Are there any Demotards competing for POS Omar's seat?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your link shows up for me as a boatload of Breitbart headlines and none seem to link to Omar?

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Fixed...thanks!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I already like the guy and I haven't heard of him other than the four paragraphs in the article. America First and Conservative always seem to catch my eye.

His Campaign Site

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Nice thought but that district is not going to vote for a “strong pro-Trump, pro-Israel Conservative who supports the America First agenda

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Husks of plants! I expected a "Lacy" to be a female.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to ANONYMOUSLY contribute money to campaigns?? I just don't feel like getting 14,529 e-mails over the next 13 months asking for support or more money once I make a contribution.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Drift on:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Husks of plants!

flashguy

Is this how you swear? Cause I was a sailor, and I can give you lessons, first one is free!

/drift

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Is there a way to ANONYMOUSLY contribute money to campaigns??

According to Lacy Johnson’s campaign web site, this is his contact address:

PO Box 580976
Minneapolis, MN 55458

There is this thing called “mail” (no “e” prefix) that can be used to send physical pieces of paper called “checks” or “money orders” to someone for a half a buck or so, plus the cost of an envelope. There should be something called a “post office” relatively near where you live and where you can get further information and explanation of the mailing process. Post offices also sell money orders for cash if one doesn’t have any checks.

The checks or money orders don’t have to include one’s email address or even phone number. In fact, they don’t even have to show one’s address. I believe that’s about as anonymous as it’s possible to get.

(Please forgive me; I can resist anything except temptation. Wink )

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Cash in an envelope has worked for politicians forever

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
That district she’s from is referred to as Little Mogadishu and is populated almost entirely by Somali Muslims. Many are radicalized and they vote. Lacy doesn’t stand a chance if you gave him a billion $$. Give your money to Judicial Watch you’ll get more on your return.

This is what immigration without assimilation gets you. The Squad may one day become a majority if this is allowed to continue.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I was going to go here. If the district elected Omar, they sure as hell AREN'T going to elect anyone even vaguely resembling a conservative.

Politicians resemble their constituents. If they elected Omar, what do you think their politics are?

quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
That district she’s from is referred to as Little Mogadishu and is populated almost entirely by Somali Muslims. Many are radicalized and they vote. Lacy doesn’t stand a chance if you gave him a billion $$. Give your money to Judicial Watch you’ll get more on your return.

This is what immigration without assimilation gets you. The Squad may one day become a majority if this is allowed to continue.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't think a guy who isn't a Somali/Muslim or a white liberal on a guilt trip has much of a chance in this district.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Drift on:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Husks of plants!

flashguy

Is this how you swear? Cause I was a sailor, and I can give you lessons, first one is free!

/drift
Yes, it is. I can aver that I do know other ways exist, having heard many examples over my 81 years on Earth, but I don't use crude expletives and never have. Ergo, I won't be taking any lessons from you. Smile

That particular example was taken from Heinlein's book "Double Star", where the youthful hero frequently uses the expletive "Shucks!". A Venerian "dragon" hears this and queries "Husks of plants?".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Frankly maybe we keep her in congress, to remind people what can happen with unbridled immigration of people that won't assimilate into the culture of the country.

She's a reminder of what we can become, best advertising for conservative politicians out there..

Its only one vote and she gets tons of attention because she's controversial, same for AOC,

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post