SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rand Paul assaulted (November, 2017)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rand Paul assaulted (November, 2017) Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Boucher

Interesting name for a physician.

In French it means "butcher."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Boucher to be sentenced Friday.

He has requested probation.

Prosecutor recommends 21 mos sentence

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met Rand Paul once, he is a little guy, but I like him.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

He better do some jail time. My guess is 18 months, with 12 suspended or something like that.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

They should set more of an example, as attacking a member of Congress is a significant issue. Also Boucher never owned up to what he did. I would think 3 years at least, so the next person thinks twice about this.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thirty Days in Prison

He asked for probation only and didn't get it.
quote:
Rene Boucher, 59, was also ordered Friday to one year of supervised release, a $10,000 fine and 100 hours of community service. He was also ordered to have no contact with the Paul family

Check out this fertilizer of an excuse:
quote:
Boucher claimed he tackled Paul over agitation about piles of brush on Paul’s property. Boucher also claims Paul used his lawnmower – on the same day as the attack – and blew some leaves onto his property, sparking his outrage.
Man, you could grow some prize-winning tomatoes with shit of that quality.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I hope the community service is cleaning out latrines with a toothbrush. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I know when my neighbors cut their grass and dare to have some of the clippings end up on my lawn, I have to fight the burning rage within to gun them all down or beat them to a pulp. Roll Eyes

So yeah.....gonna call bullshit on this excuse too.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
30 days and a Felony conviction. The 30 days is not enough but the Felony will haunt him the rest of his life.

And then there will be the civil suit Big Grin

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
30 days and a Felony conviction. The 30 days is not enough but the Felony will haunt him the rest of his life.

Yeah, and now he won't be able to vote against his neighbor. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thirty days ain't hay. It'll be the longest month of his life.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

Yeah, I betcha he’s gonna be dat pretty boy in the slammer.

I would have preferred 6 months or more, but like Para says it’s gonna be a long 30 days.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well.....prison will certainly be different than his 7500 square foot house in Rivergreen. How will he live without the lake view?

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
He'll lose his medical license now too.
A felony conviction is professional misconduct.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Felony, schmelony. He committed an unprovoked attack on another person during which he broke six of his victim's ribs. He's 59, rich and retired. 30 days, 100 hours of community service, and a $10,000 fine is a slap on the wrist and hardly affects his life. I hope Senator Paul persues a civil suit with a vengeance.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reap it Boucher Big Grin

Sen. Rand Paul files lawsuit seeking unspecified damages from neighbor who tackled him and broke multiple ribs in dispute over yard debris

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...bor-tackled-him.html

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul is suing his neighbor who admitted to tackling the Congressman as he mowed his yard.

The Republican senator on Friday filed a lawsuit that seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages from neighbor Rene Boucher for the November 3 assault.

In the lawsuit, the Kentucky politician said he suffered 'physical pain and mental suffering' when Boucher tackled him to the ground while he was out mowing his lawn, causing him to fracture multiple ribs. In the aftermath, Sen. Paul also dealt with recurrent pneumonia because of the broken ribs.

Boucher has said previously that his actions were brought on by Sen. Paul repeatedly stacking yard debris near their shared property line in Bowling Green - making it hard for him to sell his home.

The lawsuit calls Boucher's actions 'unnecessarily cruel, malicious, willful, wanton' with total disregard for Sen. Paul's 'rights, life and liberties.'

The lawsuit charges that Sen. Paul 'has been deprived of his enjoyment of life' and left with an increased likelihood of injury and disease.

It also asks the judge to prevent Boucher contacting the Paul family because he 'will continue... the pattern of stalking and harassment.'

Boucher's attorney, Matt Baker, released this statement after Sen. Paul filed his lawsuit on Friday: 'To the best of my knowledge, Sen. Paul has not suffered any loss of any income and doesn't appear that he will in the future. It was established at the sentencing hearing that he does not have any out-of-pocket medical expenses in this case, and at some point after the incident he told Fox News in an on-camera interview that he has not taken any prescription pain medication, and so all that is to say we're going to defend this civil suit just like we would any other and see if we can get it resolved as efficiently as possible.'

Boucher was arrested right after the assault and charged with misdemeanor fourth-degree assault. That charge was later upgraded to a felony - assaulting a member of Congress.

The Democrat doctor pleaded guilty to the charge and was sentenced to 30 days in jail and a $10,000 fine earlier this month.

Boucher has yet to be given a date to start his month-long sentence.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-settlement-n2540549

The man who violently attacked Senator Rand Paul while he was mowing his lawn in Kentucky, leaving him severely injured, has been ordered by a jury to pay $580,000 in damages .

A Kentucky jury on Wednesday awarded $375,000 in punitive damages and $200,000 for pain and suffering, plus $7,834 for medical expenses

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The man who violently attacked Senator Rand Paul while he was mowing his lawn in Kentucky, leaving him severely injured, has been ordered by a jury to pay $580,000 in damages .

A Kentucky jury on Wednesday awarded $375,000 in punitive damages and $200,000 for pain and suffering, plus $7,834 for medical expenses

GOOD!

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:

How does a random ordinary person pay something like that?
I know I sure don't have half a mil layin around waiting for a fee.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
How does a random ordinary person pay something like that?
I know I sure don't have half a mil layin around waiting for a fee.

He's an anesthesiologist. He can afford it.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post