SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rand Paul assaulted (November, 2017)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rand Paul assaulted (November, 2017) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
This happened Friday? This Friday, not next Friday? I ask this because I have not heard anything about this on the local news.

As Rand Paul is one of my senators, you would figure that it would be reported. Hmmmmm.....

Now, that insignificant incident did happen in a little unheard of Podunk town, and I get my local news from the much more sophisticated Louisville news outlets, where they are the provayer of truth.

What I think is, it didn't fit the lefts narrative. You know that the Right (Republicans) are mean, hateful, violet. Where as the left (Dimwhitcraps) are kind, loving and level headed peacefulness.

I work with a left wing loon, he is once again in trouble for being nasty. I won't go into all of it, but it's everything that the left that accuses the Right of doing.

Everyday I'm convinced that all Dimwhitcraps are insane, mentally unstable and dangerous. All are just mere inches from snapping.

ARman

I know that your post was written with a certain level of sarcasm towards the prevailing attitude of most of the population in Louisville (that being the attitude of nothing of any consequence ever occurs in the Bluegrass state outside metro Louisville!), but I take offense with you calling my adopted home of Bowling Green a "little unheard of Podunk town"! Even if it was done in jest! When I moved here nearly 32 years ago from Louisville, Bowling Green was the 5th largest city in the state. Now it is the 3rd largest after passing Owensboro and Covington trailing only Louisville & Lexington. Any town that produces "America's Sportscar", the Corvette, can't be a Podunk town! One of the best decisions my wife $ I ever made was to move away from Louisville to BG to raise our family.
As an aside, when my son turned 21 several years ago he took his CCDW class as soon as possible. I accompanied him to the Warren County Sherrif's Office to pick up his license when the KSP notified him to do so. Guess who was in line at the CCDW License window right in front of us? Our newly elected Junior Senator of the Blugrass State, Rand Paul! Sounds like he needs to start packing heat when he mows his lawn. After all, that's what I do. Never can be too safe!

It was in jest, I did not mean to offend. I love Bowing Green, it's a much better City then Louisville in most ways.

I don't get down that way much anymore, but I have spent a lot of time there.

Speaking of Corvettes, my best friends uncle works there and I was lucky enough to get a kind of behind the scenes tour of the place and some time behind the wheel of the then new Corvette C6 on the track in the back. Great fun!

Back to the OP, I still have not heard much about this on the local news. I don't live in Louisville, but that is where my local news comes from. I guess that a republican senator getting attacked isn't important news.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
article link below

inputs from neighbors and home owners association say that the attack was not over a lawn feud.

http://www.washingtonexaminer....orts/article/2640090

The Bowling Green, Ky., neighbor who allegedly attacked Sen. Rand Paul last weekend, causing six broken ribs, was aggressively anti-Trump and anti-GOP in his social media, calling for the impeachment of the president and urging Russia investigator Robert Mueller to “fry Trump’s gonads.”

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Another shining example of lefties filled with hate, all the while trying to make it out that the right is filled with hate. But, the examples keep piling up of assaults and bad, violent behavior by liberals. And it just isn't happening on the right. How do I know that? Because it would dominate the 24 hour news cycle for weeks if it did.

Bravo, you moron.

I am guessing that due to the pain and extent of injuries that this will be upgraded to Assault Second, a felony. I hope so because actions have consequences, and how sweet would it be that this asshat lose his ability to vote as a consequence.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I am guessing that due to the pain and extent of injuries that this will be upgraded to Assault Second, a felony. I hope so because actions have consequences, and how sweet would it be that this asshat lose his ability to vote as a consequence.

+1

Leftists seem to not understand the entire concept of actions having consequences. This leftist jackwagon thought he was going to physically assault somebody, much less a U.S. Senator, and there'd be no repercussions.

Surprise!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I join you in the hope that the charges will be upgraded, but given the prosecutors involved, don't hold your breath.

Boucher's attorney is a complete asshat, so maybe there's hope?

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope so because actions have consequences, and how sweet would it be that this asshat lose his ability to vote as a consequence.

He's a physician anesthesiologist. A felony conviction would mess with his licensure as well as his ability to hold a DEA license.

Dude done stepped on his dick.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
I hope so because actions have consequences, and how sweet would it be that this asshat lose his ability to vote as a consequence.

He's a physician anesthesiologist. A felony conviction would mess with his licensure as well as his ability to hold a DEA license.

Dude done stepped on his dick.

He's basically retired. He let his license expire in 2015. I'd like to seem him in prison. Be a big change from a 10,000 square foot house in River Green.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics...ul/story?id=51037482

The Kentucky doctor who allegedly attacked Sen. Rand Paul, leaving him with six broken ribs, pleaded not guilty to fourth-degree assault charges Thursday.

Boucher (center)

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have yet to hear of any evidence that there was a political motivation. Is there any evidence, or are people making an assumption or speculating?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
how is six broken ribs getting a misdemeanor fourth-degree assault charge?

shouldn't this be something more significant?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Had very pleasant democrat neighbors for years on one side. 3 foot tall, chain link fence.

Have new neighbors, "new generation" democrats. Change to a 6 foot fence with decorative spearpoints on top.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I have yet to hear of any evidence that there was a political motivation. Is there any evidence, or are people making an assumption or speculating?

As my lawyer relatives have told me . . . if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck, it's probably a duck. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I have yet to hear of any evidence that there was a political motivation.

Don't understand why that would matter.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
...pleaded not guilty to fourth-degree assault charges Thursday...

That should work out well for him. He missed his chance to plead down to a fine and probation, thinking a jury trial will let him waltz, but now he's risking a guilty verdict from a bunch of jurors who are tired of the BS.

I don't know how well-liked Paul is in his home county, but if I was on the jury I'd convict in a heartbeat.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Attorneys, please speak up...how is a physical assault on a sitting Senator not a Federal felony?

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
how is six broken ribs getting a misdemeanor fourth-degree assault charge?

shouldn't this be something more significant?

This is the standard that they have to prove-

quote:
"Serious physical injury" means physical injury which creates a substantial risk of death, or which causes serious and prolonged disfigurement, prolonged impairment of health, or prolonged loss or impairment of the function of any bodily organ;

To make this work-

quote:
508.020 Assault in the second degree.
(1) A person is guilty of assault in the second degree when:
(a) He intentionally causes serious physical injury to another person; or
(b) He intentionally causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument; or
(c) He wantonly causes serious physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument.
(2) Assault in the second degree is a Class C felony.

That's the rub. Serious physical injury. That's the book definition in the KRS. Problem is attorney's will spend a lot of time arguing that broken ribs do not meet the criteria as serious physical injury. However, KSP is investigating it. They are notorious for being ruthless in carrying out an investigation the way it should be. It will be handled right on their end. I am sure it is being handled out of the detective squad at Post 3.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Had very pleasant democrat neighbors for years on one side. 3 foot tall, chain link fence.

Have new neighbors, "new generation" democrats. Change to a 6 foot fence with decorative spearpoints on top.

Maybe that is what I need. The stress not going along with his ways caused him to croak. There is still the neighbor on the other side.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoinRoller:
Attorneys, please speak up...how is a physical assault on a sitting Senator not a Federal felony?

quote:
18 U.S. Code § 351 - Congressional, Cabinet, and Supreme Court assassination, kidnapping, and assault; penalties

(a) Whoever kills any individual who is a Member of Congress or a Member-of-Congress-elect, a member of the executive branch of the Government who is the head, or a person nominated to be head during the pendency of such nomination, of a department listed in section 101 of title 5 or the second ranking official in such department, the Director (or a person nominated to be Director during the pendency of such nomination) or Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence, the Director (or a person nominated to be Director during the pendency of such nomination) or Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, a major Presidential or Vice Presidential candidate (as defined in section 3056 of this title), or a Justice of the United States, as defined in section 451 of title 28, or a person nominated to be a Justice of the United States, during the pendency of such nomination, shall be punished as provided by sections 1111 and 1112 of this title.

(b) Whoever kidnaps any individual designated in subsection (a) of this section shall be punished
(1) by imprisonment for any term of years or for life, or (2) by death or imprisonment for any term of years or for life, if death results to such individual.

(c) Whoever attempts to kill or kidnap any individual designated in subsection (a) of this section shall be punished by imprisonment for any term of years or for life.

(d) If two or more persons conspire to kill or kidnap any individual designated in subsection (a) of this section and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be punished (1) by imprisonment for any term of years or for life, or (2) by death or imprisonment for any term of years or for life, if death results to such individual.

(e) Whoever assaults any person designated in subsection (a) of this section shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the assault involved the use of a dangerous weapon, or personal injury results, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

(f) If Federal investigative or prosecutive jurisdiction is asserted for a violation of this section, such assertion shall suspend the exercise of jurisdiction by a State or local authority, under any applicable State or local law, until Federal action is terminated.

(g) Violations of this section shall be investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Assistance may be requested from any Federal, State, or local agency, including the Army, Navy, and Air Force, any statute, rule, or regulation to the contrary notwithstanding.

(h) In a prosecution for an offense under this section the Government need not prove that the defendant knew that the victim of the offense was an individual protected by this section.

(i) There is extraterritorial jurisdiction over the conduct prohibited by this section.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
so, between what JJones and JAllen posted, I'm hoping the local charges are sufficient to get things going, but expect that Russell Coleman, the US Attorney for the Western District of Kentucky, will be stepping in soon to file some federal charges...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(e) Whoever assaults any person designated in subsection (a) of this section shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the assault involved the use of a dangerous weapon, or personal injury results, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Hopefully he will be prosecuted with this in mind. If the local prosecutor only goes for the 4th degree assault charge, can Federal charges be pursued as well?

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post