SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rand Paul assaulted (November, 2017)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rand Paul assaulted (November, 2017) Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
His assailant is a registered democrat. I guess love trumps hate or something...

Sen. Rand Paul was assaulted at his home in Bowling Green, Kentucky by an irate neighbor while he was mowing his lawn on Friday afternoon, according to neighbors.

Kentucky State Police have arrested the senator’s assailant, identified as Rene Boucher, 59, of Bowling Green for intentionally assaulting Paul at his home, causing minor injury, local law-enforcement officials confirmed to Fox News.

Boucher was arrested and charged with one count of 4th degree assault – minor injury. He was taken to the nearby Warren County Detention Center where he is being held on $5,000 bail.

A second neighbor told local news station WNKY said that the Senator was mowing his lawn around 3 p.m. on Friday when Boucher assaulted him. The neighbor also confirmed that the two share a corner adjacent to their homes and have been embroiled in an ongoing feud.

The assailant could face up to a year in jail for the Class A misdemeanor. Local newspaper, The Bowling Green Daily News reports that Warren County Attorney Amy Milliken said Boucher could face extra charges.

rene
Rene Boucher was arrested and charged on friday after he assaulted neighbor Sen. Rand Paul over a long standing feud. (Warren County Jail)

Officials for Sen. Paul’s office say that the former presidential candidate did not suffer any major injuries.

"Senator Paul was blindsided and the victim of an assault," Kelsey Cooper, a spokeswoman for Paul, said in a statement to thehill.com. "The assailant was arrested and it is now a matter for the police. Senator Paul is fine.”

Voting records from the Kentucky State Board of Election list Boucher as a registered democrat, according to The Daily Caller. A person with his name also works as an anesthesiologist in Bowling Green.

The Daily News also reported that Boucher was awarded a 2003 patent for a pain relief product called Therm-a-vest, which was sold on QVC in 2005, according to a news report at the time.

A Facebook account that is alleged to be maintained by Boucher was found to contain multiple anti-Trump postings.

Link to Article

What the hell is wrong with people?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

What the hell is wrong with people?

Some are democrats.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"Your asking a hypothetical question..."

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is really bad. But Rand Paul mows his own lawn?

Glad to hear only minor injury. I hope the attacker gets maximum sentence and is ordered to stay far away from Rand Paul.

Another example of the tolerant left. Roll Eyes

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Rand is one of the good guys and he is a gun guy. When campaigning he usually attends National Gunday and makes his elect me speech. Many politicians do but the difference is Rand stays after his speech and walks the aisles engaging anyone that wants to talk.

During one of his visits, my table pard and Sig forum member GGF struck up a conversation with him about S&Ws. Nothing unusual about that, GGF talks S&Ws with everyone. What was unusual was at the next show, about 3 months later, Rand saw GGF and greeted him with "Hello Mr Smith & Wesson." I thought that was pretty cool. Cool

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This happened Friday? This Friday, not next Friday? I ask this because I have not heard anything about this on the local news.

As Rand Paul is one of my senators, you would figure that it would be reported. Hmmmmm.....

Now, that insignificant incident did happen in a little unheard of Podunk town, and I get my local news from the much more sophisticated Louisville news outlets, where they are the provayer of truth.

What I think is, it didn't fit the lefts narrative. You know that the Right (Republicans) are mean, hateful, violet. Where as the left (Dimwhitcraps) are kind, loving and level headed peacefulness.

I work with a left wing loon, he is once again in trouble for being nasty. I won't go into all of it, but it's everything that the left that accuses the Right of doing.

Everyday I'm convinced that all Dimwhitcraps are insane, mentally unstable and dangerous. All are just mere inches from snapping.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The propper forum for this discontent should have been at a debate table in Cambridge. Heathens.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Here is a link.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/new...67-3aa317e978c7.html

A Bowling Green man was arrested Friday and charged with fourth-degree assault after an incident at the Bowling Green home of U.S. Sen. Rand Paul.

Rene Boucher, 59, is in the Warren County Regional Jail in lieu of a $5,000 bond, according to online jail records available Saturday afternoon.

Paul suffered minor injuries, according to a news release from Kentucky State Police Post 3 in Bowling Green.

Kelsey Cooper, Paul's Kentucky communications director, issued a statement to the Daily News indicating that "Senator Paul is fine."

"Senator Paul was blindsided and the victim of an assault," Cooper said in an email. "The assailant was arrested and it is now a matter for the police.”

The arrest warrant in the case indicates that Paul told police his neighbor came onto his property and tackled him from behind, forcing him to the ground and causing pain. According to the warrant, Paul had injuries to his face and had trouble breathing due to a rib injury...

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Senator Paul was blindsided and the victim of an assault," Kelsey Cooper, a spokeswoman for Paul, said in a statement to thehill.com. "The assailant was arrested and it is now a matter for the police and doctors. Senator Paul is going to be fine after the cuts and bruising on his knuckles and feet heal. Rene Boucher is currently being held at the County Hospital for broken nose, missing teeth and a broken jaw. For some reason, a tow-truck needed to be called to the scene to help remove Senator Paul's foot from Boucher's ass." would read much better!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fox news says he is a registered dem, and has a facebook account that has several anti Trump posts. CNN "forgot" to mention those 2 items.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
"Today I cleaned my rifle."

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It just shows how the country has gone to hell when a US Senator can’t even mow his lawn without being assaulted. People have no respect for anything these days!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
"Today I cleaned my rifle."

I started cleaning my rifle when I was 4 years old.

And I have been doing it every day since...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
This happened Friday? This Friday, not next Friday? I ask this because I have not heard anything about this on the local news.

As Rand Paul is one of my senators, you would figure that it would be reported. Hmmmmm.....

Now, that insignificant incident did happen in a little unheard of Podunk town, and I get my local news from the much more sophisticated Louisville news outlets, where they are the provayer of truth.

What I think is, it didn't fit the lefts narrative. You know that the Right (Republicans) are mean, hateful, violet. Where as the left (Dimwhitcraps) are kind, loving and level headed peacefulness.

I work with a left wing loon, he is once again in trouble for being nasty. I won't go into all of it, but it's everything that the left that accuses the Right of doing.

Everyday I'm convinced that all Dimwhitcraps are insane, mentally unstable and dangerous. All are just mere inches from snapping.

ARman

I know that your post was written with a certain level of sarcasm towards the prevailing attitude of most of the population in Louisville (that being the attitude of nothing of any consequence ever occurs in the Bluegrass state outside metro Louisville!), but I take offense with you calling my adopted home of Bowling Green a "little unheard of Podunk town"! Even if it was done in jest! When I moved here nearly 32 years ago from Louisville, Bowling Green was the 5th largest city in the state. Now it is the 3rd largest after passing Owensboro and Covington trailing only Louisville & Lexington. Any town that produces "America's Sportscar", the Corvette, can't be a Podunk town! One of the best decisions my wife $ I ever made was to move away from Louisville to BG to raise our family.
As an aside, when my son turned 21 several years ago he took his CCDW class as soon as possible. I accompanied him to the Warren County Sherrif's Office to pick up his license when the KSP notified him to do so. Guess who was in line at the CCDW License window right in front of us? Our newly elected Junior Senator of the Blugrass State, Rand Paul! Sounds like he needs to start packing heat when he mows his lawn. After all, that's what I do. Never can be too safe!

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Another idea, besides packing heat, just let your German Shepherd sit watch while mowing the lawn.

Ours likes to sit and watch, then come over if I stop or shut the engine off. Of course she's wary of any strangers approaching.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could this have been that "Antifa apocalypse" They were talking about?

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Just another example of a Violent and Intolerant Left-Wing Extremist!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Now they are saying that Paul is recovering from 5 broken ribs. That's a bit more than originally reported.

https://apnews.com/68fb5bbe2e0...witter&utm_medium=AP

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
He assaults a United States Senator, giving him 5 broken ribs, with 3 displaced fractures, and they let the alleged assailant go on $7,500 bail?

Is it a Federal offense to assault an elected official?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
He assaults a United States Senator, giving him 5 broken ribs, with 3 displaced fractures, and they let the alleged assailant go on $7,500 bail?

Is it a Federal offense to assault an elected official?

$5k or $7500 is huge for an assault 4 bond these days. Usually it is $500 and no contact with the victim. Max I’ve seen ina long while is a grand. Less if the suspect has a clean past.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post