SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Love Star Wars but yes this May the 4th thing is getting out of hand...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Love Star Wars but yes this May the 4th thing is getting out of hand... Login/Join 
Moving cash
for money
posted
But like a car wreck I am going to watch the Battleship New Jersey YouTube channel tonight. Topic is Would New Jersey survive what destroyed the Death Star.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
The darkside you are, mmm?

Smile

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I have no words.... Eek Eek Eek

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Smile

That's tomorrow, May the 5ith.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Smile

That's tomorrow, May the 5ith.

That can only be read in a Mike Tyson voice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2696 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
May the 5th have tacos and margaritas

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^That would be Cinco de May the Force Be with You.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
May the 4th is on taco Tuesday,
Followed by Cinco de Mayo...
Be prepared for the revenge of the sixth!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
So the Curator of Battleship New Jersey concludes that it could not be destroyed like the Death Star. While it has funnels and air intakes it does not have an unshielded thermal exhaust port which leads directly to a reactor (boilers).

It did give him a chance to show a part of the ship visitors could never see, and one they have never filmed before.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I'm old school. Star Wars Day should be celebrated on May 25th.

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
St. Paul, 1 Corinthians 13:

“ When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steyn:

“ When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's right, being an adult is all about not having fun, at all, that's for children. Adulthood is supposed to be misery and boredom and responsibility, and if you're lucky you die at 55 of prostate cancer because ain't no homo doctor gonna bust my behymen!

Anyway, I like Star Wars, but May 4th kinda makes me wanna curbstomp a nerd with an AT-AT.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy: Anyway, I like Star Wars, but May 4th kinda makes me wanna curbstomp a nerd with an AT-AT.

I have the same sort of soft spot for Star Wars as I do for Care Bears and Capri Sun. I don't quite get how it's quite so popular to this day, but there are worst movies to honor with a day. At least we don't celebrate Ishtar Day or Manos: Hands of Fate Eve.

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 280 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the US Post Office just introduced 20 stamps yesterday featuring Star Wars droids!

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I didn't even think there were that many droids worthy of mentioning, let alone putting on stamps.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I didn't even think there were that many droids worthy of mentioning, let alone putting on stamps.

I would love some Gonk Droid stamps.

For all the people that look down on us nerds for liking sci-fi, ya'all can bite me. I could say the same condescending crap about people who are obsessed with sports, but I don't because who the heck am I to tell somebody what they can enjoy?

I am not, in the least bit, apologetic for liking Sci-fi (Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, Godzilla, Stargate, Doctor Who, some other random stuff most of you 'mainstream' folks have never heard about like Space 1999, UFO, Space Battleship Yamato, Space: Above and Beyond). . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
What, no Captain Harlock? You disappoint me, Sir! (Although, the version I'm talking about is Space Pirate Captain Harlock, and it does get pretty preachy, so understandable that not many would like it.)

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

St. Han, Episode VI:

" Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. "

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when that channel came out, the host and curator Ryan Szkamasky, was so uncomfortable and anxiety ridden in front of the camera, I just cringed and couldn't watch any more. They guy knows quite a bit but, holy hell, hopefully his in-person docent tours are much smoother and relaxed.

Cleary talking about Star Wars, he loosened up and was able to explain things without an abundance of uncomfortable pauses and speech hiccups. Big Grin

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post