SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Headache remedy?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headache remedy? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
For me, it's aspirin. It's cheap, it works, and it has a hundred year track record. I had a mild headache, took an aspirin, and now, 20 minutes later, it's gone. Some folks suffer upset stomach from aspirin, but I don't.

In ancient times, people drank a tea made from willow bark, which has an aspirin-like compound, to relieve pain and inflammation. I marvel that they discovered that remedy.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8919 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just go on with life... either it goes away on it's own, or I just forget about it... Sometimes I think I should try something for it but either I'm too dumb or stubborn to try...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Hydrate.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Hydrate.

+1

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7494 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hydrate.

I try this first. If it doesn't work i'll succumb to an Advil.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9682 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Goody's

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hydrate.

And change your socks.

Rub some dirt on it, if needed.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stop listening to a Democrat.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Pyramids. If that doesn't work: Bourbon.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hydrate.

Exactly what I was going to post.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Hydrate.

Exactly what I was going to post.

yep,

then Alka Seltzer or advil

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Stretching and exercise.

Posts: 1966 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Hydration works. But it takes too long. Regular aspirin works for me.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Magnesium + Riboflavin + CoQ10

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Aspirin has never seemed to do much for me. Two or three ibuprofen, however, fix me right up on the rare occasion I have a headache or backache.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Goody's Headache Powders. Pain is gone very quickly.

But get the orange flavor.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2834 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I find that most of the time I have a headache it is tied with being dehydrated. I drink ample water and Tylenol

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Surprised no one mentioned this.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is3icfcbmbs

If you don't have a headache, you will surely get one after seeing this.

Razz Smile

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rub a dab of lavender essential oil on temples.

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Peppermint.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post