SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Swimming with your cell phone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swimming with your cell phone Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Sorry, exact same thing happened with my "first" Note 3! Rounded the corner, missed my step and bye bye contacts. All my pictures were on the chip and safe. Now i have space on a google drive and my contacts, pictures and files automatically back up. I had the factory phone app crap my latest Note out. Note 5 ONLY has internal storage. Lucky for me, all was safely on the cloud!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
That's exactly why I went with the "Active" model of the Galaxy S7. Waterproof.
They should market it as the "Klutz" model Smile

I hope you get your data back.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
This is a pretty good article about the subject.

https://smartphones.gadgethack...maged-phone-0154799/

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crossroader
posted Hide Post
Week before last, I was doing some stucco work on a repair on our house. Wife called, and I foolishly tried to talk, while doing other stuff. The phone, while on, and in a call, went into the clean water bucket. Right to the bottom. I grabbed it, turned it off, and had my youngest daughter stick it in a bag of rice. 3 hours later, the only problem I had was the half grain of rice stuck in the earphone hole. iPhone 6s, new in January.

As soon as the government gets your guns, they'll be back to take your Bible.

Posts: 440 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: March 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post