SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Comey Says Trump Needed Loyalty

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Comey Says Trump Needed Loyalty Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
Comey said Trump told him he expected loyalty. What an awful thing for an executive to say to a subordinate!

(Bloomberg) -- Fired FBI Director James Comey said President Trump told him “I need loyalty” when the two dined alone in the White House in January and said he thought the encounter was designed to “create some part of patronage relationship.”

“The President said, ‘I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.”’ Comey said in prepared remarks released Wednesday, a day before his highly anticipated testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee. “I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed. We simply looked at each other in silence.”

In his testimony, Comey describes in detail his interactions with the president before his May 9 firing by Trump. Comey has coordinated his testimony with Robert Mueller, another former FBI chief who’s now special counsel in charge of investigations into Russian meddling in last year’s campaign and possible ties to those around Trump, according to a person familiar with Comey’s plans.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...kt5R&ocid=spartandhp

To contact the reporter on this story: Larry Liebert in Washington at lliebert@bloomberg.net.
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Bill Faries at wfaries@bloomberg.net.
©2017 Bloomberg L.P.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No need for a separate thread on this.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post