SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Truck - Toyota Tacoma
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Truck - Toyota Tacoma Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new ride, love the looks, the color, and the manual transmission choice. Well done.

'97 Land Cruiser owner here, so I've got the Toyota thing pretty bad too. Just not as many pennies in the game as you at this point. Wink

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
^^^^
Great wheels. Smile

If you're directing that towards me, I can't take any credit sir. They're the stock 17s - but I agree they look killer, so thanks!

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have my second TRD Pro 4 Runner and they make a great car( and truck) I wish they had a Calvary Blue one available, (I got Super White). That is a beautiful truck Sir!! Enjoy!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
I have my second TRD Pro 4 Runner and they make a great car( and truck) I wish they had a Calvary Blue one available, (I got Super White). That is a beautiful truck Sir!! Enjoy!!

What year? I just got my first one, a 2019 (see pg 2). Love it so far.

I thought about going for the Voodoo Blue, but it's too flashy for me.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer Instincts:

If you're directing that towards me, I can't take any credit sir. They're the stock 17s - but I agree they look killer, so thanks!

Yes, I was, thanks.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Very nice truck. I'm driving a 2019 TRD OR Cement color and really like it.

Cav Blue, much like my Cement, will change several shades of color depending on the light. This is the first year Cav Blue has been offered on sub "Pro" trim levels but you really don't see a lot of them in the wild which makes them special when you do see one.

Let me suggest an OEM bed mat if the dealer didn't throw one in. Less than $100 and it really helps keep things from sliding around in the bed. Also Redline hood struts are a nice addition especially if you're the type that gets under the hood with any frequency.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NICE !!

Apparently they are coming out with an Army green shade at sometime soon

love the non-standard colors

moved to FL awhile back and downsized from the Tacoma ... thinking about getting another one soon...

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Congrats, nice vehicle!

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went with the manual transmission.

I see you got the millennial anti-theft option with the Taco. Big Grin

Posts: 9036 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Very nice truck! Congratulations.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Nice. I have had mine since 2007. It has 180k on it and still drives as good as the day I drove it off the lot.

Holly crap you drive a lot. I only have 31k on my 2017. Love it by the way.

It is entirely possible I can’t do math for beans, or that you were being sarcastic, but at first glance it seems like 15k miles per year [180k / (2019 - 2007) or 180k / 12] is not a whole lot different from 15.5k miles per year [31k / (2019 - 2018) or 31k / 2] and is actually a little less.

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Nice. I had an ‘06 double cab TRD Off Road for 10 years and put 70K on it without any expense other than sheduled oil & filter changes, a set of tires, a battery and two sets of wiper refills. Brakes, exhaust & spark plugs were still original. It was like a tank off road and perfect for around here. Best of all, I paid 28K and got 17K when I sold it. You’re going to love yours.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I’m jealous of the manual transmission.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. I'd be curious what your fuel mileage is like once it's broken in. Haven't heard from too many manual trans owners.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I just crossed the 50k mark on my 2016 Taco. Still love it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
Respect for helping to save the manuals!

Posts: 503 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Tacomas are the G19 of the truck world.

Mid Size, reliable and will get you there and back without fuss. Not to mention infinitely customizable, but often best in stock form. Perhaps not always the prettiest.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
I went with the manual transmission.

I see you got the millennial anti-theft option with the Taco. Big Grin

We laugh but there is so much truth in that statement.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i did not see mention of the price, financing details. Would be good to know if you care to share.

Also, what are the black thing on top for? Some kind of a rack I would guess, but odd on a pickup, no?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
i did not see mention of the price, financing details. Would be good to know if you care to share.

Also, what are the black thing on top for? Some kind of a rack I would guess, but odd on a pickup, no?

The MSRP was $38k and I leased it for 36 months, zero down for $250 a month. I did have to put $3k down for a security deposit to buy down the money factor to get this payment, but you get that money back at the end of the lease. As for the roof rack, I guess it is just another place to put stuff. Haven’t used it yet, but may come in handy.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post