SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Truck - Toyota Tacoma
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Truck - Toyota Tacoma Login/Join 
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Still lovin my six speed '09 TRD Sport, bought it new. No regrets.

Posts: 5132 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice truck!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Toyota family, love the Cavalry Blue.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9686 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have owned three Toyota trucks over the last 20-plus years, and they are the best. The best resale value. The best reliability.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I'm jealous. The Tacoma is my dream truck. I cannot afford one, though. Even if I could, it wouldn't fit in my garage and I don't like parking vehicles outside.

I like the orange color ones. Working in construction, I see these somewhat often and love the way they look.

Posts: 13108 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probly the same now but in 17 manual was only available with short bed. There was no tire upgrade from factory in 17. Toyota makes curious corporate decisions sometimes.

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that the Tacoma has the highest % resale value of all vehicles. Good choice.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Great color.

I agree. I like it when an OEM does something a little bold and the customer rewards them by purchasing it. I see enough black and grey vehicles the other 90% of the time.

Posts: 3914 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Probly the same now but in 17 manual was only available with short bed. There was no tire upgrade from factory in 17. Toyota makes curious corporate decisions sometimes.

Even more strange is that it seems available equipment varies by region. I am in the Toyota Southeast region and there are things we can order here that other places can't. I believe most of the "options" are actually distributor installed. The tire upgrade might be one of these items. One of the Southeast Toyota Distributor Exclusives is the XP package, which is cool. It includes TRD PRO wheels with upgraded tires, black emblem overlays, step bars, and a few other things. I think you can only get it here.

https://toyotaxseries.com/tacoma-xp-predator/

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Nice truck! Can’t go wrong with a Toyota.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your gonna enjoy that one for a long time. Looks great.

Posts: 3593 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
My understanding is that the Tacoma has the highest % resale value of all vehicles. Good choice.
Mike

It certainly appears so. I looked at used ones and the prices were insane, even for trucks approaching 100k miles.

Posts: 13108 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Probly the same now but in 17 manual was only available with short bed.

Yes and still is that way in the US for whatever reason because they make Access Cab, 6' bed, manual transmission, Off Roads, they're available in Canada. This is the only version I have been interested in and have been waiting since 2016. May buy one in Canada and bring back.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7095 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! Enjoy it. We have a 17 TRD Sport Long bed that we tow our camper with. Love it!

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I don't think I have ever seen that shade of blue before. I like it. Are those mud flaps factory or did you add them?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I don't think I have ever seen that shade of blue before. I like it. Are those mud flaps factory or did you add them?

Thanks! The color is interesting, it really changes depending on available light. The mud flaps are OEM and came on the truck.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Welcome to the Toyota family, love the Cavalry Blue.

Thanks, love the 4Runner. Great picture!

posted Hide Post
looks very nice. on my 3rd Toyota truck since 1985. #4 will be same if/when the day comes.

Posts: 218 | Location: NC | Registered: February 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Badass Tacoma man! Almost got the truck, but figured I needed the SUV more. I just got a 2019 4Runner TRD Pro in Super White. Despite its slightly dated technology, I couldn't be happier.

Edit to add pic

Hammonasset Beach by John Emery

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Great wheels. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post