SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help with Ford SUV internal measurements
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with Ford SUV internal measurements Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
I'll be renting a "full size SUV" which seems will likely be a Ford Expedition.

I can't figure out interior dimensions. All I seem to find are cubic feet inside.

I need to know if I can fit two people, a 37"x 20"x75" piece of furniture and if so what room I'd have left for baggage etc.

Can anyone help without too much effort?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GM Fleet.com has the cargo dimensions of a Suburban which would be very close to an Expedition EL.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
The standard for the Suburban was that with the 2nd row seats folded down you could just fit full sheets of plywood laid flat (48" x 96"). I have to believe the long Expedition would, too. The 20" height ought to be fine.

Don't take this as gospel, though. I could be wrong.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I will measure my EL in the morning for you.
I am presuming 2 people, meaning driver and passenger so both rows in the rear could be folded down.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a standard length expedition, I’m traveling on business and won’t be home for another week or so. Be wary of a suburban because I don’t think the 3rd row seat folds into the floor.

On the expedition, the 3rd row folds flat and the second row almost flat and that length should be no problem with the seats folded flat on the standard length. It’s at least 7’ maybe more from the tailgate to the back of the drivers seat on the standard length.

Go to edmunds,com as they have internal measurements on the various vehicles.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have the EL model

50”W x 90”D x 32”H
This is with all rows folded down. If the 2nd row is up you are only 60” deep.
The standard length model is 12” shorter.

A lot of places are now renting the 2018s I have the 2016 which is very similar but I have not seen the interior cargo area panels to compare exact size.
Either way it will fit with all rows folded down. With a fair amount of extra space.

I have a rooftop cargo carrier you are welcome to borrow if you think you need more space.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!

Sigforum rocks

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post