SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much do you pay for a one-year indoor range ticket?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much do you pay for a one-year indoor range ticket? Login/Join 
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Private range with $125 per year dues. Allows access to all outdoor ranges which includes a steel pit. The indoor section contains 3 ranges. A 22, handgun, and archery are all indoors with 24 hr access. We are also allowed a guest while onsite.

Typically I use the indoor handgun as I can go before work at 5:30 am and have the entire place to myself.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pipe Smoker,

South Bay Rod and Gun Club (nice outdoor facility in Dulzura, CA) is $100/year. If you're over 60 years of age its $80/yr.

There are further discounts for military, youths and multiyear memberships.

Posts: 5900 | Location: southern california | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
$600/year by me:

https://triangleshootingacadem...emberships-benefits/

Wow that's steep for just a bunch of 25 yd. lanes. I'm not knocking it, but man, ouch... The nicest one close to me is $500 / yr., but it has a dozen 100 yrd lanes in addition to 20+ 25 yds. That still seems high to me considering the majority of the outdoor clubs are less expensive.

Yeah I try to stay away from TSA as much as I can.
It sucks because they're the biggest LGS around here and also a silencershop kiosk.
But damn are they a bunch of assholes.
I had just posted in another thread about how they sent out an email stating that they're now a gun free zone:

I spend my range money at Woodys instead:
http://whr.club/membership.php

$425/year for outdoor range - goes to 500 meters

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Used to be $150/year, went up this year to $250.

Outdoor ranges: pistol, .22, rifle, shotgun. Rapid fire allowed, draw from holster allowed.

Downside: summer in Texas is hot as hell.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My local range charges $100/year for an individual or $150/year for a family. Members receive a number of discounts, including a reduction in range fees of 50% off the non-member fee ($9 instead of $18). For frequent shooters, there are "Gold" memberships of $360 (individual) and $600 (family) and those members pay no range fees at all and receive free targets. Range fees are for the whole day, and coming and going is permitted. Members are given priority when assigning shooting lanes.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Private range

$40/yr

$3 fee per visit

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Metro Detrout area are generally by the hour or half hour. Brass cased ammo only.

Typically $10-13/hhr $18-20 hr Rental guns extra and require their ammo be purchased

CQT (Close Quarters Tactical) is the cleanest and safest out my way.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
None of the indoor ranges that I'm aware of around here require a membership. They're open to the public, and cost around $15/hour.

One of the better local ones does offer a "Gold Membership" for something like $200/year. It gets you unlimited free range time. Basically, if you go more than once a month, it pays for itself.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My indoor range annual membership is $249. It includes 2 guest passes and 2 gun rentals per year. What's nice about it is if there's a wait for an empty lane, members get priority. Handguns, rifles are allowed. I can bring my own ammo, but they check it with a magnet to ensure it's not steel core, which evidently will damage the range. Very nice, friendly staff and ROs, and a nice showroom.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Nearby there is an indoor range that is more of a guntry club (i.e it's really nice, has a restaurant, lounge area, etc). It takes 20 prime time visits (after 4 PM week days and all day on weekends) to break even on their entry level $400 membership.

I really miss my old range north of Anchorage. For $199, I was given a keycard for the gate and could shoot rifle or pistol (8 bays) free 365 days a year from 7 AM until 10 PM. For shotgun, I just paid for the clays and the shotgun range had 5 trap, 4 skeet, 3 Five-Stand and a 100-target sporting clay walk -through course. If the office wasn't open (only open during daylight hours 5 days a week), it was an honor system with envelopes to pay for clays and you just turned on the throwers (downside is middle of winter it took 45 min for throwers to warm up). My buddy and I used to time it to arrive just as the office was closing so we didn't have to shoot with the non-members.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23218 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I used to pay $300 a year at the indoor range in Brookfield, CT, but that range is closed now.
I pay $190 a year at my private club; that only has outdoor pistol and rifle ranges.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post