SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's begun, "the mark of the beast": Wisconsin company to implant microchips in its employees in August
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's begun, "the mark of the beast": Wisconsin company to implant microchips in its employees in August Login/Join 
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Are the chips company property, and do you have to give it back once you separate employment?

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
I had one implanted in my best Friend and she has never complained.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Wonder when the company makes it mandatory to have a chip installed? No chip in there, no work in here........

Only a matter of time.

Q

Posts: 26353 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
F U

Idiocracy is here! Instead of a barcode it's a chip.

Welcome to Costco, I love you!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
Are the chips company property, and do you have to give it back once you separate employment?

That would be a problem if you terminate, would they have to serve you a notice to demand it back or just deduct the cost of the device from your last check?

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Wonder when the company makes it mandatory to have a chip installed? No chip in there, no work in here........

Just creating more jobs Americans won't do....

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Hey Todd, bite me.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3446 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Meh. The government has been putting them things in mandatory flu shots for years.

Of course, they don't tell you that, but they're in there.

From what I've heard...they have been standard in Fleet enemas and recital thermometers since 1936...just sayin'...I ain't wanting one though!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It isn't mandatory and it is a private employer. I wouldn't agree but it isn't improper.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I could maybe see RFID in the badge an employee wears, because it also allows everyone else to know your name; an imbedded chip doesn't do that.

What's the range of the chip? How many things would a person buy just by waving his hands around without meaning to?

Absolutely not!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Not only NO, not even HELL NO but are you out of your f'ing minds!

You are fined one credit for violation of the verbal morality statute. Be Well!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
From what I've heard...they have been standard in Fleet enemas
Uh oh, I have to "clean out" for my upcoming ultrasound & biopsy.

Shit. (literally)

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Each chip costs about $300

So...costs as much as many portable phones.....does nothing they don't do already (NFC, etc.)....and gets embedded in your hand.

Posts: 15025 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
what happens if you need an MRI?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
This and a cashless society, and you truly would have to have the mark or "chip" to buy or sell. Bad things always start out slow and get people acclimated to them.

Like cars.

Like weaving looms made of metal.

Like steam engines.

Like computers, especially those itty bitty ones that sit on your desk, very bad.

Like credit cards.

Like TVs.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is flashing a card to open a door or to buy something so hard and time consuming that it necessitates having a foreign object placed into your body? I wouldn't be surprised to see everyone in the military being required to have these soon.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3527 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No sir you can go and kick rocks with this one. I already have way too much titanium in my body and you ain't adding no damn computer chips.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
OPT_OUT!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Every week or two, I put a bunch of chips in my head without issue. Generally the sour cream and chedder Ruffles.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
The past few decades have brought people much socially sensitive tech -- tech that fits in both The Best Of and The Worst Of categories:
the cell phone
the 'chip'

In a ideal world tech would work in favor of we-the-people
...unfortunately -we- have politicians between us and the real world

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post