SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - 2017 Junior Olympic Indoor Nationals in the books!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Daughter and Archery - 2017 Junior Olympic Indoor Nationals in the books! Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Well, at least partially in the books. With 10 of the 14 regions complete, our daughter is currently in 2nd place in the national rankings!

It's going to be a very long week for me waiting for next weekend and Nationals to be complete and see where she finally ends up in the rankings. Some drama and controversy today, but she did great. I'm actually very proud of our team tonight, we came, we saw, we kicked California's ass!

Time to get some rest, US Indoor Nationals starts tomorrow, it's the second tournament of the weekend and runs through Sunday. My daughter's got an 8:00AM shooting time for both mornings.

What's my daughter do in San Diego when she has a 1:00 shooting time and no access to the practice range? Go to the beach and practice with her DryFire which simulates a bow and lets her get warmed up and visualize her shot.

Our team this weekend for Nationals. Extremely proud of all of them; 4 archers and 3 podium finishes. Our one archer who didn't podium has nothing to be ashamed of. Coming off a shoulder injury she finished 5th in one of the toughest divisions here.

My view for most of the day. I really love coming to tournaments at the Easton Center here. Due to the limited seating they have a single row of bleachers up each side. This allows me to be ahead of the line and get some great shots looking back at the archers. Not an opportunity that comes along very often.

Daughter at full draw.

Daughter just after release.

Another reason why I'm glad my daughter shoots archery. When things were not going right on her bale, her friend Amanda came over to try and put things in perspective for her. These two girls are friends and rivals who have swapped 1st and 2nd place in more tournaments than I can count. Today they were shooting in separate age divisions, but the friendship and respect is still there.

I love this shot. It's literally about 1/2 a millisecond after release, the arrow's a blur because it has started accelerating towards the target.

Friends and teammates. Our daughter with her best friend. Both of them finished in 1st place in the region for their divisions today. I know, he's small, use the 20 gauge and don't lead him as far...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Congrats and excellent pics!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Great picts. Good luck today Maya.

San Diego looks a little warmer than MN. Today's the first outdoor USPSA match and right now its a brisk 25 degrees. If it hits the projected 45 this afternoon it will feel like summer.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and thanks for the excellent photo write up.

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
That's pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing these stories. We love reading about the successes of Maya and her dad.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent shooting; congrats.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Well done! Well done Maya!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Congrats Maya and proud papa!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post