SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Somebody is doing a late April Fools joke at my local Wal-Mart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Somebody is doing a late April Fools joke at my local Wal-Mart Login/Join 
posted
So I go pick up a few items for the weekend. Go to self check out and get flagged for an "authorization required item".
Call the employee over to put in their code.
The flagged item was the bratwurst I was buying. Asked if customer was under age 40.
She let me buy them even though I'm well over 40.
I know CSB but it struck me really funny. Employee was getting a pretty good chuckle as well.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Beer Brats? Cool

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3921 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a conspiracy to me. Trying to identify the German population or Packers fans.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The kicker for me was the under 40 stipulation. I mean my triglycerides were a bit high on the last blood test but sheesh I need a waiver to buy bratwurst?

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago, right after Thanksgiving our Walmart put in new card readers.

My first time using one my card didn’t work.

The cashier then instructed me, and I followed along. “Stick it in, pull it out. Stick it in, pull it out, stick it in, pull it out, now slide.”

Needless to say we both lost it. Seems that was the only way the card readers would work that day. Or she was just messing with me.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's actually sensible to limit the purchase of pork and beef sausage to those under 40, the levels of saturated fat and sodium.

BTW, Heart Smart diets suck. Unfortunately Open Heart Surgery sucks a lot worse. Every time I walk by the sausage case at the grocery I cannot help but remember just how good a nice chunk of Kielbasa tastes.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is due to the chip in the cards. Once it’s fails to read the chip 3 times it will allow you to swipe the card.

quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
A couple of years ago, right after Thanksgiving our Walmart put in new card readers.

My first time using one my card didn’t work.

The cashier then instructed me, and I followed along. “Stick it in, pull it out. Stick it in, pull it out, stick it in, pull it out, now slide.”

Needless to say we both lost it. Seems that was the only way the card readers would work that day. Or she was just messing with me.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they have a similar "flag" on these.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Were they the Brats with the Brown Acid?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year!

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is due to the chip in the cards. Once it’s fails to read the chip 3 times it will allow you to swipe the card.
Speaking of failures in Walmart credit card terminals, the Walmart app has a touchless pay feature. You can use your smartphone, install the Walmart app, and connect the app to a credit card (for added security you can use a virtual card if your card issuer offers that feature).

When your purchases are rung up, the terminal displays a QR code. You just use the app to take a photo of the QR code, your card is charged, and your phone receives an itemized receipt. At least that's the way it's supposed to work.

All too frequently when I try to do this, an error message is returned saying that the charge was declined by the issuing bank. BULLSHIT! When this happens, I can use the physical card -- the same card that is linked to the app -- and the charge goes right through, so we KNOW that in the first attempt the charge was NOT declined by the bank. There is an error somewhere in the Walmart system that processes charges from the app.

I have demonstrated the problem to a store manager who acknowledged that there is a system problem, but he had no idea what to do about it other than use the "Contact Us" page on the Walmart website, which is absolutely useless.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post