SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pretty Dang Nervous Today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pretty Dang Nervous Today Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
By Thursday of next week you'll wonder why you didn't have it done sooner. After my last one, I was back to work 2 days later with no issues and better vision.

You'll be just fine.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So... No tiny stagecoach?

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Hey! I never got any juice and cookies!

I watched several YouTube videos of the procedure before I had mine done. It is routine, simple, and safe. I'm surprised they don't sell do-it-yourself kits.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Home this afternoon, vision a little blurry but correcting fast. I didn't get no stinking juice nor stinking cookies either. I'm also not sure if I think I am as good looking as I thought I was yesterday. Still gotta say, it was a little nerve wracking. Next one will be much easier. Thanks SigForum.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think it will be far easier than you imagine. My best to you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It will go well, and you will be amazed at the colors.

Lookit the colors, maaaaannnn.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brother had both his done, said nothing to it.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
One more thing for you to look forward to is that I became a much better shot after the surgery. Being able to see the target seems to help greatly.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I didn't get no ... stinking cookies either.
You didn't need no steenkin' cookies because the procedure was a piece of cake! Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I didn't get no ... stinking cookies either.
You didn't need no steenkin' cookies because the procedure was a piece of cake! Razz

V-Tail,you always crack me up. Thanks!

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
be prepared for something not discussed above:

there will be a noticeable change in your pistols:

you will notice 'someone' has been busy removing the comfortable ball-of-fuzz on the end of your barrel and replaced it with some kind of sharp-edged hunk of metal down there on the muzzle.

Another issue: no one told ~me~ that while I could actually *see* what they refer to now as a 'front sight' [previously 'front fuzz ball'] and 'target' and I could somehow shoot actual 'groups' that I would STILL be moving at what was incredibly mistaken for 'geezer-speed' on the steel plates, ICORE, etc.

Enjoy your whole New Life!!!

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post