SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No, We Can’t Compromise On Transgenderism
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No, We Can’t Compromise On Transgenderism Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
There has never been any society in history that has evolved into people doing that which is right in their own mind, and survive.

It rots or is invaded.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
There has never been any society in history that has evolved into people doing that which is right in their own mind, and survive.

It rots or is invaded.

What was the addage, nations don't collapse from an invasion from the outside unless they first decay from the inside.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
The negative opinions here toward trans are very evident. And in my opinion very wrong.
Expecting a person, male or female, to conform to their biological gender when their head wiring (don't know what else to call it) from birth on, is the opposite, is wrong, and really none of your damn business.
I know such a person.
Hell, even that kid in Kindergarten Cop knew that boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. Got a penis? You're a boy! Got a vagina? You're a girl! Got both? Well, that's unusual (I hope).

If you are physiologically a male, you can call yourself a woman every second of every day of your life if you so choose. You can declare this to every person you meet. You can dress in the prettiest dresses, wear the finest makeup, expertly applied. You can conduct yourself as a woman by your manner of speech and your gestures. You can even have your name changed legally to the ultimate-sounding female name, but guess what? You were born with a dick? Then, you're still male, and all the make-believe and all the makeup in the world won't EVER change that.

People who feel they are the opposite sex are mentally ill. I know that's just a horrible opinion to hold, isn't it? From what I can see, it's the truth, and you just need to check the suicide rates of "transgenders" and especially the rate of suicide for those who go through the sham of a "sex change operation". These people are terminally unhappy, and it's due to their mental illness. It's as simple as that.
They have these ridiculous operations, thinking that the world will now align for them, but they're still miserable. Their solution was no solution at all. And they then kill themselves at an alarmingly high rate.

It's not hard to figure out, if you're being honest about it.

A huge +1 to this. And I'll add, anyone who would say people who feel as Para and I do are mean or bigots, I would submit that you are indeed the mean one.

There is obviously something not wired right in that person. I don't think we should shit on that person or be insensitive to the troubles they have. As para correctly stated, their depression and suicide rates are sky high. We need to show these people love and try to help them and not harm them further.

Indulging them in their illusion is not showing compassion, it's placating them. It doesn't help them at all. It makes you feel better that you are "accepting them," but in reality, you are only feeding the very thing that is making the person unhappy.

We don't don't take people who suffer from (pick your mental illness), say mania, and indulged them in their swings, but that's exactly what the libs want us to do.

I don't hate these people, I don't pity them, I don't think they need me to save them. What I do think is that they have some real problems that need to be addressed. I don't think their is some magic pill they can take or even really need to take. I'm okay with them doing whatever the hell they want to do.

What I'm not okay with is others saying I must accept this as perfectly normal and turn a blind eye to painfully obvious information that tells me the person is hurting on the inside...and that by ignoring their pain and calling them normal I would somehow be morally superior.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
The negative opinions here toward trans are very evident. And in my opinion very wrong.
Expecting a person, male or female, to conform to their biological gender when their head wiring (don't know what else to call it) from birth on, is the opposite, is wrong, and really none of your damn business.
I know such a person.

see above sir.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Can't you just be a man who likes to do girl things? Can't you just be a woman who likes to do man things?

Now watch this mind bender...

A lefty will say, THERE ARE NO MAN OR WOMAN THINGS!!!!! WE ARE ALL EQUAL AND YOU'RE A GENDERIST!!!!

Uuuuuuuuuuummmmmm, if there are no man or woman stereotypes/norms/etc, then what's the big deal? If you've got a dick, you're a man, vagina you're a woman. Why do we need to explain beyond that.

The fact that the left makes a big deal about this tells me they conform to the very stereotypes they bitch about.

Only women wear dresses I say. <Liberal dude freaks out>. Okay, why can't a man with a dick wear a dress and just be called a man in a dress? why do I have to call him a woman in a dress?

If the answer is because he genuinely believes he's something he's not, then we come right back to the mental illness issue and who's really mean for adding fuel to the fire?

If a man identifies as a dog, should I pet him or try to get him some help? if your answer is pet him, you and I need our own separate planets.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know such a person.

As noted elsewhere; having a penis = male, having a vagina = female.

quote:

de-lu-sion-al

[dih-loo-zhuh-nl]

adjective

having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:
Senators who think they will get agreement on a comprehensive tax bill are delusional.

Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness:
He was so delusional and paranoid that he thought everybody was conspiring against him.

Your "friend" fits into the psychological definition of delusional when maintaining the false belief he/she is not the sex as born even when looking at the mirror and confronted with fact.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of Obamas real accomplishments was allowing (men) to enter the womens bathrooms.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Gays make up approx. 3% of the U.S. population. And transgenders comprise a tiny subset of that 3%. Yet leftists wants the entire nation to change our lives around this minuscule group for political purposes only.

Transgenders are batshit crazy. There is nothing normal about the "lifestyle".

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
One of Obamas real accomplishments was allowing (men) to enter the womens bathrooms.

Curious question, how many "men" go into women's bathrooms because they self-identify as female, vs, how many "men" go into women's bathrooms because it's more "stimulating"?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know such a person.

I know two such people. I refer to them by their new, chosen forenames, and use the pronouns appropriate for their new genders. I do this out of a sense of civility, but I still believe they're hopelessly deranged.

I regard it as a psychological disorder. I remain convinced it should be treated as such. Yeah, I know: I'm a caveman. So sue me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
So if such a person, with said head wiring, wants to go into the girls restroom one hour, then the boys restroom the next hour, undress/dress/shower in the girls locker room at school or at the club one day, and undress/dress/shower in the boys locker room/club the next day (both times watching all the undressed students around him/her), you think that is acceptable?

I get where the concern comes from, but how is it really different from a gay guy in a men's room or gay woman in a women's room?

Is someone who is sexually attracted to the gender of the bathroom they are using less disturbing to you if they have the same type of genitalia as the other users of that bathroom?

You don't see a difference between a gay high schooler who goes into the mens shower, and a not gay highschooler who says he is transgender and demands his right to daily stroll around the girls locker room? (I have lived in the Bay Area for 35 years).

I have posted before, my son's good friend in high school, an attactive young lady, was continually harassed/bullied by the lesbian club members. She complained repeatedly but no action was taken. She finally, when surrounded by the lesbians, grabed the rainbow bandana from the leader, threw it on the ground and stomped on it, told them to leave her alone. My son's friend was suspended for the equiv of "hate speech". Around here such is the norm, not the exception. Those claiming same sex attracion or being gender fluid have a lot of "rights" not provided to the traditional population.

Sure, in the contrived example in which we are comparing a gay guy who just wants to use the bathroom to a guy that is a sexual predator exploiting gender politics to stare at naked women, there's a difference.

Do you think no gay guy has ever stared at the other guys in the locker room?

Do you think every trans person is a sexual predator just using it as an excuse?

I'm not necessarily saying bathrooms should be a free-for-all (although in college I lived in a dorm that essentially had coed bathrooms as part of the residential hallways, and somehow civilization survived).

I'm just pointing out a slightly different viewpoint - that being that limiting bathrooms to users with the correct chromosomes does not necessarily mean there is no one without nefarious intentions, and that individuals with different chromosomes do not necessarily have nefarious intentions.

Further, sexual assault is already a crime. The whole idea reminds me of the thought process used by liberals to justify banning guns - murdering someone is already illegal, but they want to try to make it illegal to have the opportunity to murder someone (of course, guns aren't necessary to the process). That type of reasoning isn't necessarily wrong, but I think it's at least worth examining.

As for your second paragraph, obviously bullying, harassment, sexual assault, etc., are bullying, harassment, sexual assault, etc., regardless of who the perpetrator and the victim are, and should be treated as such.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know such a person.

It becomes our business when these people want to be treated differently due to their mental issue. They don’t just want to act out their irrational ideas, they want special treatment. I honestly do not care what anyone does with their own life if it does not affect me.

This affects me in my workplace and I cannot express my personal beliefs due to fear of being retaliated against. I lead a company sponsored Veterans group and last week we had a conference call with numerous North American groups (there are a handful of groups including young engineers, women groups etc.) and corporate big wigs. Although we were each autonomous groups when we started, we were told that all the groups need to work with one another. One of the other groups is LGBT (which encompasses transgended, pansexual, gender fluid and whatever else the phrase of the day is). I really don’t care with their lives but I won’t be affiliated with them in any way, affiliation portrays agreement and I am in total disagreement with everything they stand for. If I say something I can expect retribution, whether overt, a grudge that will be acted upon during promotions or termination depending upon the perception. My company revised its inclusion and diversity policies and business conduct policies to reflect consequences of opposing LBGTQ employees. I can be terminated with no questions asked if an LBGTQ employee is offended by something I say. If they offend my personal religious beliefs can they be terminated? Nope, my company places LBGTQ beliefs on a total different level than religious beliefs.

This is a small example of how this affects me. You can call me what you want but I’ve got a sister who is homosexual so it isn’t an issue that I’m unfamiliar with or totally cold toward.

Posts: 4099 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
What the hell does 'pansexual, gender fluid' mean?

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:

Is that what's on Monica's jacket?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:
It means absolutely nothing.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . . I can be terminated with no questions asked if an LBGTQ employee is offended by something I say. If they offend my personal religious beliefs can they be terminated? Nope, my company places LBGTQ beliefs on a total different level than religious beliefs.

As I posted earlier, the CA Prop 8 (supported by various religious groups) was to define marriage as between a man and a woman. The LGBTQ community vigorously opposed Prop 8 on the grounds it denied gays their rights.

But underneath, the LGBTQ community admitted they already had "marriage" rights through domestic partnership laws. Their reason for opposition was they wanted the force of gov't to punish any who would openly express moral disapproval of the gay agenda.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
What chaps my hide like a burr under my saddle is the expectation and demand that not only must I accept this, I must whole heartedly and happily endorse and celebrate it, I have no choice.

And if I don't endorse, celebrate and promote it, not only I am punished, I am ostracized and practically tarred and feathered and ruined.

I am so glad that I will be retired and OUT of the work force in a few years. I can't imagine being a young person now entering the work force and starting their career, this will only get worse as time goes by.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post