SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good customer service from Fenix.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good customer service from Fenix. Login/Join 
Picture of fwbulldog
posted
A few weeks ago my Fenix LD22 stopped working. I tried all the tricks, just couldn't get it to work. Contacted Fenix via their web form, got an RA# in an email a few minutes later.

I emailed the flashlight to Fenix, and 10 days later they mailed me a new one, no charge. It took a little longer to process than I wanted (because I want everything at gigabit speed), but they took care of me.

Kudos to Fenix for standing behind a 5 year old flashlight. I totally dig my LD22, and my dad loves his headlamp I got him for Christmas last year. I see more Fenix products in my future.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That's good to know. I'm a Fenix fanboy and have a bunch of their lights. So far all work fine buts it's nice to hear that they stand by their products.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:
I emailed the flashlight to Fenix,...

I think you've discovered a breakthrough in customer service. Big Grin

Seriously, it's good to know that they stand behind their products. I really enjoy my TK22 and rechargeable batteries after years of living with crappy quality flashlights.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:
I emailed the flashlight to Fenix,...

I think you've discovered a breakthrough in customer service. Big Grin

Seriously, it's good to know that they stand behind their products. I really enjoy my TK22 and rechargeable batteries after years of living with crappy quality flashlights.

DO NOT try wankavision. Makes it nearly impossible to find right size batteries.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
DO NOT try wankavision. Makes it nearly impossible to find right size batteries.

I think it's Wonka. Wankavision is a very different thing .... Big Grin

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of LD10' that have been great. Have had for several years. Not abused. One only works on one setting now. Hmmmm, maybe I should contact them. Are they a lifetime warranty? I think it is a discontinued model.
Do you need p.o.p?

Thanks and glad you were taken care of by them. That is awesome cs.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I have a couple of LD10' that have been great. Have had for several years. Not abused. One only works on one setting now. Hmmmm, maybe I should contact them. Are they a lifetime warranty? I think it is a discontinued model.
Do you need p.o.p?

Thanks and glad you were taken care of by them. That is awesome cs.

Five year warranty. They will give you closet version to your current one(s). There are two companies that do the warranty work. You give them serial number for it and they will tell you which one to use.

https://www.fenixoutfitters.com/warranty-info/

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I think it's Wonka. Wankavision is a very different thing .... Big Grin

Potato, patata. I'm not going to judge what you do in front of your television.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mine are older so a 2-1/2 year warranty. No big deal. It is out of warranty. It still works. I have no complaints with it or Fenix.
I did buy a head lamp a few years back. It got junked as was not the quality I was used to with Fenix. But again, no biggie. I like them.

Thanks for the link Skins

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My cat used mine as a toy and it disappeared. Can Fenix help me? Razz

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Thanks, Mine are older so a 2-1/2 year warranty. No big deal. It is out of warranty. It still works. I have no complaints with it or Fenix.
I did buy a head lamp a few years back. It got junked as was not the quality I was used to with Fenix. But again, no biggie. I like them.

Thanks for the link Skins

I'd still call them. They may take care of you anyways. Before I bought exclusively from Fenix Outfitters I bought some from Amazon which was a different servicer, they said just mail it in with the other one I was already sending to them.

On that occasion, they completely replaced and upgraded one, and replaced the tail switch on second one.

Give it a shot, they may make exception, or you could find repairs are cheap and it's worth sending back out of warranty.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
I carry a Fenix TK16 on my duty rig. Great flashlight. Good company. You order something and it is here in a couple days, and always with a 10% off coupon too!!!

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post