SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rambunctious & annoying child on 8 hour flight
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rambunctious & annoying child on 8 hour flight Login/Join 
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Exhibit A of why I hate flying. About once a year I have to go to Tulsa OK and I’m in the Houston area. I prefer to drive 9 hours there instead of flying, my employer makes us take the cheapest flights which are normally Southwest. Due to the low fares they tend to attract the type of people I hate to be around and with no assigned seating it makes it worse. I teach parenting classes to men and that situation could be avoided with proper parenting. I’ve even seen a couple with about a dozen adopted kids with special needs and they had better behaved kids than most “normal” kids so there are no excuses due to the child’s personality. Parenting requires a little knowledge and a lot of effort, it’s not easy and it’s pretty rough at times. If you don’t want to expend the effort to properly parent then don't have kids. That kid will be societies problem since the parents ignore the issue.

Posts: 4098 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
Exhibit A of why I hate flying. About once a year I have to go to Tulsa OK and I’m in the Houston area. I prefer to drive 9 hours there instead of flying, my employer makes us take the cheapest flights which are normally Southwest.

I fly for a living...and I hate flying passenger on the airlines.

Until you've been stuck in economy for 15 in a non-reclining middle seat between two morbidly obese fellow traveler's who haven't bathed, on a long international flight from nowhere, it's hard to appreciate that a breezy five hour jaunt in the domestic USA really isn't too big a deal.

There are places in that cabin where one could stuff that kid where he wouldn't be found. Just saying.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I would have be tempted to slip him some of my wife's xanax. Big Grin

Seriously though I would be more inclined to beat his parents ass then to take it out on him. Tac's approach is worthy of consideration.

Getting on a plane to Costa Rica in 12 hours and am praying I don't experience this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
If the child won't behave, the parents should be given the option: get off the plane or your child gets sedated/kenneled and put in cargo.

Transatlantic flight with this little shit? Nope.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After seeing and hearing rambunctious children like the above posting, I believe Alligators have the right idea.

They eat their young.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post