SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    portable jump start power pack things for cars
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

portable jump start power pack things for cars Login/Join 
posted
https://www.amazon.com/Audew-S...TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Am considering dropping AAA motor assist and getting one of these,
any Idea how they get recharged ?

anyone familiar with these gizmo's?

I found it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN8A2nIMUWA

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Neighbor has one, says it works great, carries it in his car, or in the bags on the motorcycle.

Woot had 2 models on sale recently... $52 to $99 but it sold out quickly, might want to keep an eye on woot...

Linkadinkadoo

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am considering dropping AAA motor assist and getting one of these,

As a substitute for AAA? Confused Dead batteries needing a jump aren't the only things that can go wrong with your car. There are, for example, flat tires and lockouts, and for something that can't be fixed on the spot you still need a tow. However, you can add road service to your car insurance policy.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
I have the Clore JNC 660 and keep it in the F150 year round. It’ll jump anything anytime and holds a charge really well.

I bought a good power inverter at the same time and use the two at camp to charge cellphones, wireless speakers, rechargeable flashlights and the like.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They recharge by having a charger connected and being plugged in.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
I have the Clore JNC 660 and keep it in the F150 year round. It’ll jump anything anytime and holds a charge really well.

I bought a good power inverter at the same time and use the two at camp to charge cellphones, wireless speakers and the like.

WEEGO MADE IN THE USA

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple similar ones from costco, work great.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My car lost all electrical power when I dropped my wife off at the airport. My son brought me his jump starter and it worked great. I have one in all our cars now.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I bought one a few years ago - don't remember the brand but was one of the highest rated on Amazon.

It generally works well. Observations:

> one of my cars (Acura TL) had a cover over the battery and only the + terminal of the battery was accessible (without removing the cover - which was a pain). I never had to jump the Acura but was always concerned because the wires on the jump starter are rather short. I would not have been able to reach anything to ground the - clamp.

> I was never able to jump start my Suburban. I understand I could 'upgrade' to a heavier sent of connection wires.

> We did jumpstart other cars without a problem. Also used it to jumpstart the DR mower when that batter failed.

If you have a big truck you'll want to carefully go through the reviews to make sure you can jumpstart a truck (without having to buy add'l accessories). You might even want to call the customer service group for the company that makes the jumpstart battery. (That's how I learned about the 'upgrade')

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
We have a NOCO brand jumper and it's worked great for my son when his car had some parasitic drain which would kill the battery often.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I've got a noco 40.
Works great several times. Flashlight on the end helps connecting clamps to the battery.
I've used mine several times for others, never on my own truck !

You charge the charger with usb plug in on wall outlet.
There are so many brands now. Jumper cables are old school nowadays.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I inadvertently left my headlights on a few years ago on a ferry ride. Car wouldn’t start and the crew jumped me with one of them. They’re very handy and I’ve been meaning to get one for each of our cars since. Keeps going to the back burner, but you never know when you’ll need it.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Had a dead battery in a parking lot couple years ago. Guy comes over to ask if he can help. He had this little jump start thing, that I doubted would even turn over a V-8 engine. Cranked like crazy and immediately started my veh. I was amazed and mystified. I ordered one from Costco for around $70.00 IIRC.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased two(2) of the NOCO jump starters from Amazon on Cyber Monday. Gave one as a Christmas gift, and put the other in my daily driver. The feedback on this unit is awesome!!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
I have a couple similar ones from costco, work great.

I got mine from Costco too. Thankfully I haven't had to use it.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
We had a long thread on this about a month ago.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought one at Costco. It recharges by plugging it in to the wall. Mine doubles as a backup battery for USB devices. I’ve used it to jump a car twice and to charge phones when the power company shut off power because it was windy.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Similar discussion here from Nov.

Link

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Viking one from Harbor Freight, keep it in my car, have probably used it around 30 times (I end up looking for opportunities to help). It is only rated for v6 and below, won't necessarily jump a truck. If you do get a jump pack, make sure it will be rated for your vehicle.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got two of the Noco 40s. I have used on a car (not mine) once and also on my riding mower. No issues and simple to use. I check that they are fully charged every 3 months. So far they have stayed fully charged and ready during that time. I'll start checking every 4 months and then hopefully just once or twice a year. The flashlight comes in handy as well.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post