SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shingrix shot.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shingrix shot. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
First shot was uneventful. The second shot was a different story. Got the shot in the afternoon and by the next morning the injection site was red and warm .Day 2 I felt like I had been run over. Every muscle hurt. Thankfully that only lasted a day. Given what people have said shingles feel like I think a little discomfort was worth the protection.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I got my 2nd shot Monday. Arm hurt some but then Monday night my temp went up to about 99.9 and never went above. My temp usually runs about 97.8 or so.
This isn't a good time to get fever with Covid on the loose. But after about 36 hours it was back into the 97 range. I got my shots at the VA.

I knew I didn't want Shingles.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After my first Shingrix shot, I later developed Bell's Palsy about 6 weeks later. I am told it is an occasional side effect of the shot.

The right side of my face was partially paralyzed. It was even affecting my speech, and my right eye was dry because I could not close my right eyelid completely.

The effects were semi-severe for only a couple of days, and gradually, it went away, and I am back to 100%.

At first, I was afraid I was having a stroke, since paralysis on one side of the face can be a symptom of a stroke.

Posts: 944 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Yep, Shingrix injections hurt, but way less than getting shingles.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Nine months out and still no improvement.

I am stuck with no sense of taste, constant scalp pain and these damn painful lesions that keep popping up on my scalp.

Gabapentin does nothing but make me neurotic.

Doctor just says oh well, it is an unusual rare side effect. Maybe it will go away.

This is a living hell. At least a case of the shingles is temporary.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post