SIGforum
Shingrix shot.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8740071744

November 10, 2020, 03:59 AM
sybo
Shingrix shot.
My first of the two shots was not too bad, more soreness that a normal injection. Dec 13 is my second one. No biggie.
November 10, 2020, 04:06 AM
sns3guppy
I was finally spurred into getting one based on this thread. I was fine the first day, couldn't move my arm for a week after, and though I can't imagine how it's related, I have a hard time moving my arm above shoulder level now, and some popping and grinding.

I suspect the discomfort led me to move or twist some way not normally done, when sleeping, and I did something to it that way, but it does have something going on. It's popping when drawing to dry fire.

I was worn out for several days after the shot.
November 14, 2020, 04:38 PM
K0ZZZ
So got my shot the other day, got the flu shot at the same time. Had a sore shoulder of course by that night, then couldn't sleep all night because I just couldn't be comfortable. So the next day felt like a big steaming pile of...

But not doing too bad after that. Shoulder is still a little sore but no problems with range of motion. Nothing advil can't make better.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.
November 14, 2020, 06:59 PM
wrightd
Who cares about temporary pain and discomfort from the shot. Really ?? Remember the purpose of the shot, and be glad you could get it, even if you miss a day or two of work. Are you guys, well, youknowwhats ? Good lord get a grip.

Oh, and thanks for the reminder. I need to get that.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
November 14, 2020, 09:41 PM
oldbill123
Shot 1 -
other than soreness if I pushed on injection site -no problems
November 15, 2020, 05:37 AM
John Steed
I got my two shots at Costco about a year ago, November & December IIRC. The soreness was minimal. Insurance would not pay for them but from what I have read, it is well worth the cost to pay it yourself.

... stirred anti-clockwise.
December 14, 2020, 01:33 PM
fritz
I got the first shingle shot a few months ago. I figured no stupid vaccine would interrupt my routine. Ended up with a splitting headache for a few hours and felt pretty lethargic for a day.

The docs said shot #2 would result in a similar reaction, but more intense, and lasting two days. Oh boy. I took the second shot on Saturday morning. Prepared for a weekend of TV, pumping fluids, and alternating between ibuprofen & Tylenol. I definitely didn't want to do much over the weekend. Became the definition of a couch potato. The headaches this time weren't as bad, maybe due to my preparations. I felt good to go first thing on Monday.
December 14, 2020, 01:36 PM
FlyingScot
Second shot last week. Some discomfort, like a bruise. Pretty much that was it. Got my Tetanus shot at the same time and the arm was sore for a day or two vs. 3-4 for shingles. Beats getting shingles by a loooong way.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb
December 14, 2020, 01:58 PM
konata88
I think I should get this..... Am I reading right - need to get this every 4 years or so?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
December 14, 2020, 02:28 PM
SBrooks
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I think I should get this..... Am I reading right - need to get this every 4 years or so?

No. Get the two dose set (second shot 2 months or so after the first) and you're good. For a long time. We've done the shingrix. May get the other type in 10 years or so just to cover our bets. And that should be it I think.

------------------
SBrooks
December 14, 2020, 02:38 PM
JimmyRayBob
The first shot kicked my butt - 2 or 3 days of feeling really crappy/beat up.

2nd shot was no big deal for me.

I was 51 at the time, and my BCBS paid for it.
December 14, 2020, 03:56 PM
Bob RI
My wife and I both had ours...minor soreness at the site and felt a little off after the first shot but fine after the second. My wife had the opposite as she felt ok after the first by kind of crappy after the second. Small price to pay for the potential protection.
December 14, 2020, 05:50 PM
Expert308
My doctor has been recommending it to me for a couple of years, so in early October I finally caved and got the first shot. My arm was sore with a small knot in it for almost a week, and that first night I felt a lot more tired than normal. Otherwise, no side effects. I had the 2nd shot last week, this time I was only mildly sore for a day or so, no other side effects.
December 14, 2020, 05:59 PM
Powers77
Had the two shots. Both times just felt lethargic for a day or so. Second shot made my arm a bit sore. Like a bruised arm.
December 14, 2020, 06:01 PM
Ace31
Wifey and I had both shots. Side effects suck ass for about two days. However far far better than getting shingles.
December 14, 2020, 08:52 PM
2PAK
Had the 2nd shot last week. Resulted in headaches and fatigue. Some soreness on the left arm. Second shot seemed worse than the first.
December 14, 2020, 09:10 PM
drill sgt
About 1 year ago wifey and myself got the shingles shot and both had only minor discomfort (sore arm only) for about two days. The discomfort well outways the discomfort of getting the shingles. ........................... drill sgt.
December 14, 2020, 09:22 PM
sns3guppy
It’s a month after my previous post. Still can’t do much with that arm. It hurts to move or lift, or even lay down to sleep, and resting on that side with that arm down feels like the muscle and bone are being pulled apart. Moving quickly or lifting anything with arm is quite painful, as is raising that arm above my head. It seems to be getting worse.

I’m not inclined to visit a hospital, however. No desire to trade a sore arm for Covid.
December 14, 2020, 09:50 PM
RoverSig
quote:
Originally posted by k4carbon:
I have had both shots and my only reaction was, Wow, these are expensive!
I have Medicare and TriCare for Life and each vaccine was $462 plus $82 for the injection? Insurance only paid about $200 each time.
I have vaccine shots at my Primary Care Physician office both times at UCSD Medical in San Diego about a year apart and I am 69.

My SHINGREX 50 MCG shot was $188.99 at Walgreens. Our Medicare and TriCare for Life paid for it. Beware of getting the shots at CVS if you are counting on TriCare; they left the system last year.

And my wife and I experienced "flu-like symptoms" after the first shot, and I had a mini-case after the second shot. It has been 5 days since I got the shot, and my left arm still has a lump and is a bit sore.

But, as others have noted, this is a lot better than getting Shingles. And the advice to get the shot before the weekend (to give you some recovery time) is good.
December 15, 2020, 04:42 AM
sybo
I just took my second of the two yesterday, what a pain in the arm! Better than Shingles I am sure........