SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Superb bald eagle photo
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Superb bald eagle photo Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Photo in article.

“An amateur photographer has captured an incredible image of a bald eagle staring straight into the camera with a perfectly symmetrical reflection in the water below.
……
Steve shot the photos on his Canon 5D Mark IV and a Canon 100M L macro lens. The symmetrical shot was captured at f/7.1, 1/2000s and ISO 2500…”

https://mol.im/a/7058013

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I've made all (or most, at times) of my living with a camera for decades, and I'd be very satisfied to have that image in my portfolio.
Outstanding.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a stunning photo! That's a shot of many lifetimes.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Eagle: "I'm coming for you M.....F....."

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That's cool.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
Amazing the control they have in flight. Wing tips just skimming the water.

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
"And that was the moment that Freddy the fish found out that he was capable of pooping enough escape ink to make a giant squid proud...."

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If the shooter was in line with the camera for that shot.....I’d be pooping my pants if I were him.

Who knows maybe he is going for a fish, maybe a small mammal or maybe he’s photoshy and coming for ME!!

That is a helluva picture. 1 in a million.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
The last thing the frog saw. Wonderful shot.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
where's the link to order one of those in 16 x 24 ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
The shot of a lifetime.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's an amazing shot. I'm fortunate to live on a lake that is frequently visited by bald eagles. Very majestic creatures for sure.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is an outstanding photograph. The kind of shot many professional photographers dream of capturing.

If you have not yet filed for copywrite protection, you should consider doing so. Easy to do on-line and costs very little.

Congratulations and thank you for posting.

Posts: 282 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What an amazing shot! Thanks for sharing.
Maybe Canon would like to use your photo...might be worth trying to contact the Canon Rep in your area.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Av8nShooter:
That is an outstanding photograph. The kind of shot many professional photographers dream of capturing.

If you have not yet filed for copywrite protection, you should consider doing so. Easy to do on-line and costs very little.

Congratulations and thank you for posting.

You are aware that the OP isn't the photographer, right?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
The last thing the banned member saw. Wonderful shot.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Photoshop some Trump hair on Eagle in flight over swamp.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
That’s a very nice photo. I wonder how much of the original that was cropped from? A 100mm lens isn’t going to reach out all that far and he had to be far enough away otherwise ole baldy there was literally right on top of him.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
It's amazing the shots you can get when you duct tape a fish to your forehead.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post