SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Incredible Tornado/Water Spout Video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Incredible Tornado/Water Spout Video Login/Join 
Picture of jprebb
posted
This came across my Facebook feed. It looks like it was taken from the balcony of a condo pretty high up.

https://www.facebook.com/dave....s/10214747175426227/

You can skip to the 50 second mark where it starts to get interesting.

JP

Posts: 2048 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Thanks.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That's no joke. Wouldn't want to be outside as it passed through.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16398 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's really something to see!
Where did that take place?

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Where did that take place?

Apparently the video was taken in Destin, FL.

JP

Posts: 2048 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Here in Fort Walton Beach.

LOL

It's all shits and giggles until it start twisting your titties...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Wow. I would definitely describe that as more of a tornado that crossed over a body of water. The guy taking the video was just chilling in his chair with legs crossed.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It was a water spout that came in off the gulf and over Okaloosa Island and then made landfall.

But a tornado and waterspout are the same thing .0001 inch above sea/ground level and beyond.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Tornadoes are no joke. Take cover immediately. Too many people try to chase and film.

I've been through too many tornadoes living in tornado alley. The month of May is typically the worse weather with tornadoes and severe hail storms, so most people here are gearing up and preparing.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the neatest tornado that I saw was when dad and I were in a Jon boat , fishing.

we were 4 miles from the camper, that tornado weather feeling hit both of us at the same time.

One last cast and we were heading for the shed.

we got about a half a mile with the 6 horse motor and we both spotted the black whirling mass, headed for portion of the lake that we needed to get past.

we new that we couldn't make it in time.

we turned in to a small cove and watched as the black Iowa soil getting sucked up and thrown about.

then , just like someone hitting a light switch , the tornado went from black to white as it crossed the lake , very close to the surface.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Tornadoes are no joke. Take cover immediately. Too many people try to chase and film.

I've been through too many tornadoes living in tornado alley. The month of May is typically the worse weather with tornadoes and severe hail storms, so most people here are gearing up and preparing.

Going by your username you aren’t just in tornado alley you are the center of a bullseye. Good luck this year. Hopefully it will be uneventful.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
There are two types of waterspout; fair weather spouts are the benign ones that have the long noodle funnels that can almost be flown through. They break up quickly when they hit land.

Tornadic spouts like this one are in essence tornadoes. The only reason it is called a waterspout is due to the location it began (over water). They hold together when they hit land, and do damage.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Watched that last night. Actually saw it take out our atm at city hall right at the end.
My wife spent some time in the hallway with our Boxers harnessed up and leashed with a mattress next to them.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post