SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    South African Parliament votes to seize white owned land.
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South African Parliament votes to seize white owned land. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
SIGAMT, if you need to, I'll put you up, even if it means housing an undocumented, dispossessed refugee who I'll claim is a child.

If churches can do it for illiterate, unskilled non-English speaking members of MS13... well what is good for the GDCs is good enough for me too.

Thanks Sig2340!
That's a generous offer. I really appreciate it. Let's hope it won't come to that.
My girlfriend wants to know if you have horses there. She says she's happy to come over and work as a stable hand Smile

Posts: 101 | Location: Jhb, South Africa | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Sigamt, that's scary stuff. Good luck to you.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
One of my students who graduated last year (and has a brother graduating this year) are ex-pats from SA (Pretoria, specifically). They were still citizens, but, when I last talked to her this year, they were in the process of gaining US citizenship and never looking back on SA except for visiting family. She made it sound like her parents were under no illusion what would happen in the next few years.

So if you flee, there's at least one expat family in the Philadelphia area. And, yes, we have plenty of horses out here. Wink In fact, the largest/oldest horse show in the US takes place right down the road from my house.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the seizure of these lands by the South African government, they are setting themselves up for further economic calamity, even worse than where they are now. But not to worry, they already have their scapegoats identified and will perpetually blame the evil “Boers” well into the future. Maybe they need to get into a far more desperate circumstance as Rhodesia/Zimbabwe did and eventually ask(beg,plead) the former farmers to come back and farm their former lands. How unfortunate, history repeats itself yet again.

Posts: 25 | Location: As far from Trudeau as possible | Registered: July 18, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigamt:
Personally, I've decided to put my house on the market, see what I can get, at this point it's more about what you can salvage.

This is a rare case where putting your nest egg into bitcoin while you escape the country would be a good thing.

https://www.bitcoinzar.co.za/b...oin-in-south-africa/

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think the Afrikaners need to start organizing, arming, and training themselves. They've done this before.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
South African president Cyril Ramaphosa recently unveiled plans to allow white people's land to be taken without compensation.

Now a lobby group claims to obtained a list of 195 farms "identified for this purpose", reigniting the controversy over the proposals.

The AfriForum group said the document was being circulated by ministers as the government prepares to implement the policy.

But the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform denied the list was real.

https://www.express.co.uk/news...ural-Cyril-Ramaphosa

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
South Africa's president declares it is time to 'correct a past wrong' by grabbing land from white farmers as £10m hunting lodge is targeted for seizure by the state
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...t-white-farmers.html

President Cyril Ramaphosa wants to take land from white farmers to redistribute
Johan Steenkamp and Arnold Cloete own the Akkerland Boerdery hunting range
They have only been offered £1million for their farm, a tenth of the price
Mr Steenkamp said he was 'given seven days to hand over the keys to his farm'
He has now obtained an injunction to prevent the seizure and will go to court

South Africa's president has declared it is time to 'correct a past wrong' by seizing land from white farmers - and a £10million family ranch is among his first targets.

President Cyril Ramaphosa wants to take lands from white farmers without compensation and redistribute them to black farmers to make up for the injustice of apartheid.

He said at a farmers' conference on Monday that land reform was necessary to 'correct a past wrong.'

'It has required that we confront the injustices of the past, acknowledge our weaknesses and shortcomings, and seek a sustainable path towards a just and inclusive future,' Ramaphosa said.

'This is the time for South Africans to find each other, not fight each other.'

Since the 1994 end of apartheid - a system of racial segregation - the South African ruling party has followed a 'willing-seller, willing-buyer' model under which the government buys white-owned farms for redistribution to black farmers.

But progress has been slow and it appears Ramaphosa wants to more vigorously force the pace of change.

His government has begun the process of seizing farms where negotiations over compensation have failed.

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they lose at court- highly likely, I would think, seems like inviting every single white person in SA with guns to come and bunkerize it might be the only way to keep it. Go full Alamo except with modern weapons and tactics.

Include the SA military, police, and every entity that wants to see this madness end. There will come a day in the not too distant future where being white in SA will become too dangerous to stay.

The only other option would be to destroy their own property to deny the locusts from obtaining it. Burn every structure, fill every well with concrete, flatten every fence. Pull oil plugs and run every engine to slag. Make it as worthless is it would become with just a bit more time from the new owners.

Will they fight? Or will they flee?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
If they lose at court- highly likely, I would think, seems like inviting every single white person in SA with guns to come and bunkerize it might be the only way to keep it. Go full Alamo except with modern weapons and tactics.

Include the SA military, police, and every entity that wants to see this madness end. There will come a day in the not too distant future where being white in SA will become too dangerous to stay.

The only other option would be to destroy their own property to deny the locusts from obtaining it. Burn every structure, fill every well with concrete, flatten every fence. Pull oil plugs and run every engine to slag. Make it as worthless is it would become with just a bit more time from the new owners.

If they are principled they fight. If they are pragmatic they'll flee. They are out numbered and surrounded. The 'zombie' hordes can lay siege and wait them out.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they are principled they fight. If they are pragmatic they'll flee. They are out numbered and surrounded. The 'zombie' hordes can lay siege and wait them out.

I understand the desire to fight when faced with injustice. However, sometimes it may be better to escape with your life. Of course, we Remember the Alamo! and not so much those who ran away.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
And here in America, the budding communists just pulled down another 100 year old Confederate statue, with no real opposition.

Read the sign? It identifies their target.
Adding "Supremacy" makes their irrational hatred acceptable.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigamt:
quote:
Sigamt thanks for your on the scene POV.
We will be traveling to SA in about a month to see it while we can.
I hear it's a beautiful country...

Hi smlsig,

I haven't referred back to this thread since I posted. I see from the date that you've probably already visited and returned from your trip to SA. If so, I hope that you enjoyed it.
If you haven't been yet, feel free to contact me if you need any assistance with planning or information. If you're in Jhb at all and have some spare time, lmk. I'll buy you a drink. Smile

Sigamt yes we did go to SA as well as a few other countries. To say it was an eye opening experience was an understatement. While we were in JHB we visited several areas including the CBD and Soweto. Our guide, who was black, was very honest with his assessment of the current state of affairs. When he said that he NEVER goes to the Central Business District even during the day it sent a chill down my spine.

I hope things work out for you. We are planning on going back through JHB in April 2019 on our planned way to Namibia so I will touch base with you to take you up on that drink!

BTW, we stayed in Sandton when we were there. Are you near there?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Collectivization of land results in the starvation of millions. Every time it's tried.
Ask Chairman Mao about the 'Great Leap Forward'.

-rduckwor

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I understand the desire to fight when faced with injustice. However, sometimes it may be better to escape with your life. Of course, we Remember the Alamo! and not so much those who ran away.

Now that the Jr DFs are grown and on their own, I find myself more principled than pragmatic. Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 2 years ago I stopped into a local shop and during conversation with the owner noticed they had an accent, so I asked where they were from. When they said South Africa, I innocently (because I really didn't know what was going on there) asked why they had moved here.
Without knowing whether I was a liberal, conservative, racist or anti-racist she launched into a racist tirade that would normally get anyone fired from any job. I guess she felt safe since she was the owner of the shop. Even then she said that "all the White people are leaving South Africa".

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see epidemics of mass starvation there in the coming months - and of course - a UN bailout plan, probably funded by the US.

No farmer with half a sack is going to walk away from their farmland without first salting it into oblivion.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

We are planning on going back through JHB in April 2019 on our planned way to Namibia so I will touch base with you to take you up on that drink!
BTW, we stayed in Sandton when we were there. Are you near there?

Sounds good. I'm less than 10 mins from the Sandton CBD. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Posts: 101 | Location: Jhb, South Africa | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Look up Rhodesia, you can fight but you can't fight forever....and no one is coming to save you.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post