SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cindy McCain Set to Succeed Husband in Senate
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Cindy McCain Set to Succeed Husband in Senate Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://www.newsmax.com/john-g...018/05/28/id/862742/

As Arizonans prepare for their final salute to Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., Republicans and political pundits in the state privately tell Newsmax they expect the appointment of his wife, Cindy, to succeed him in the Senate.

Of course, no one in the Grand Canyon State who spoke to us wants to go on record discussing what will happen when the ailing McCain no longer holds his seat. But those who did, agree almost unanimously, Cindy McCain following John in the Senate through appointment by Gov. Doug Ducey, R-Ariz., is a near certainty.

One source close to the McCain family said supporters of the senator have quietly let Gov. Ducey know Cindy is the choice of "Team McCain."

Should the seat become open before June 1, state law requires a special election this fall.

Democrats from Phoenix to Washington, D.C., make little secret of their desire of having another Senate seat on the fall ballot in 2018 because they sense it is a good year for the party outside the White House.

However, if the vacancy in the seat occurs after June 1, state law says the appointee may serve more than two years and a special election would be held in 2020

I would be fearful of a disaster if Cindy McCain replaced John McCain. I hope Gov Ducey makes the right move and puts someone else in

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
One source close to the McCain family said supporters of the senator have quietly let Gov. Ducey know Cindy is the choice of "Team McCain."

Then she is certainly the wrong choice for the country.

"Team McCain" *shudder*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
What the hell is wrong with the Arizona GOP?
Is this what the voters there want? IS she really the best they can do?

Since when do we appoint people to the US Senate just because of their last name? Have they even bothered to ask if she has any qualifications or experience that would make her a good senator?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

Since when do we appoint people to the US Senate just because of their last name? Have they even bothered to ask if she has any qualifications or experience that would make her a good senator?
Not supporting the idea of her appointment at all, but it wouldn’t be hard to be better than the guy being replaced. Whatever experience or qualifications he had certainly didn’t make him a good one...

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Great.

Can we please get on with that this week?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12416 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
She is going to be "Debbie Dingled". What a superbly bad idea for Arizona and the country.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

Is this what the voters there want? Roll Eyes
Ha! That's kind of funny.... Big Grin
When the entire point of McCain hanging on until June 1 is to avoid finding out what the voters there want!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24113 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Since when were elected positions in the House and Senate hereditary positions?

Didn't Americans start (at least in part) a high-risk civil war to put an end to this practice?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31439 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
McCain may be doing a Guilani..?

Supposedly, years ago he was going to die from some cancerous disease that mysteriously went away.

The only thing I like about his family is the rather tubbby, but, smart hot daughter.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
The mosquitos in the Arizona swamp are getting pretty big?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
damn - we don't need her any more than we need a state-wide case of syphilis

can't the McLames just let go and give the rest of us a break...

I really want that bastard to kick off - was hoping it would be yesterday...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Didn't Americans start (at least in part) a high-risk civil war to put an end to this practice?

You read my mind.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am definitely AGAINST allowing his wife to succeed John when he dies.I am sure that the Az. Gov. will be calling me any day now to ask for my opinion!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately it's par for the course in this state. I'm convinced some indian chieftain or medicine man put a curse on this state when whites began to settle and we've been screwed ever since. The first territorial governor died on the train ride out here. Then there was Az Scam, the Governor Evan Mecham impeachment with the circus that followed, Governor Fife Symington being indicted and serving prison time, the gift that kept on giving of Janet Napolitano, the contempt trial of Joe Araio and now we have the drama of John McCain and who will follow him.

I feel like we should apologize to what we have inflicted on the rest of the country.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The time to start pounding Gov Ducey about this, is now.

I would fear Cindy McCain would try to carry on the McCain tradition of being an obstructionist to everything President Trump is trying to do.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

I would fear Cindy McCain would try to carry on the McCain tradition of being an obstructionist to everything President Trump is trying to do.

Of course. That's the plan.

I saw an article today about this supposed screaming match that Meghan McCain got into with her father about flying to go vote for the Obamacare repeal. She didn't want him to go because the docs said it would be dangerous but he wanted to go and fuck over Trump SO BAD, that he decided to go anyway and vote against it. This piece of shit cannot croak fast enough, screw all this war hero shit.

Posts: 33805 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or even the White House for that matter... please AZ Republican voters - pull your heads out!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
who do I write that that will be receptive

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
quote:

Or even the White House for that matter... please AZ Republican voters - pull your heads out!

As of right now it's not looking too good. Jeff Flake (McCain light) is not running for re-election so his senate seat is open this midterm. Right now the leaders on the republican side are a crazy religious right doc from Kingman and Joe Arpaio. The seat will probably go den to Kyrsten Sinema simply because the republicans in this state can't get their shit together and support a worthwhile candidate.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
however he announced today that he might be contemplating a presidential run against Trump