SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ganglion cyst wrist surgery?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ganglion cyst wrist surgery? Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
My accountant had a large wrist ganglionic cyst surgically removed about a 18 months ago. 6 months later a large distal middle finger cyst removed. Both were uneventful and complete recovery.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I've had several but only one removed surgically and it's never returned. They come from your wrist joint and sometimes they do return. They were called book or librarian cysts years ago because it was thought you could whack them with a large book and it would shatter it and it would go away. I did do that one time and it hurt like hell but it worked. *s* The one I had was the size of a large marble and after the surgery it took about 2 months before I could cast or shoot.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
How large can they get? I was in the hospital for something else and asked a doctor about it and he prescribed phone book therapy (yes, it was that long ago). So whenever they came back I just used a book or a door frame. But I found that if I punctured it with a needle, it will drain and take longer to reappear. It's been a few years now and has never come back since I drained it the last time.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Surgery complete. It was small compared to what I've seen online. Everything went well. I'm a little nauseated from the anesthesia, but looking forward to being able to bend my wrist again.

The nurses were super nice. In and out in 3 hours including all the paperwork. Can't take the wrapping off for a couple days.

Worst part was the IV. I'm a little dehydrated, so they had trouble finding a spot. Glad to have it over with.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Good to hear you are on the mend!

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good news is good to hear,

Did you ask them what may have caused it?

Maybe you want to stop doing that?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Funny story, Bendable. I was playing volleyball with some friends, and one of them thought it would be funny to set me an 8 lb medicine ball without telling me it wasn't a volleyball.

Turns out your wrists don't bend that way. Kind of a dick move.

I'm pretty lucky that when it crashed through my wrists it didn't land on my face.

They thought it was much funnier the than I did.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Well, shit. Was doing pretty well. Picked up my dog up from doggie-day-care, and he saw one of their outside "barn" cats, and bolted. The lady delivering him to me wasn't holding his leash tight enough and off he went.

This place isn't far from a really busy highway, and I knew that if I didn't catch him there was a good chance he'd be running across a 4 lane road at rush hour.

He's super fast, and very hard to catch. Boxer/Catahoula mix. He rounded a corner and I lunged at him and ended up falling on my fricken hand. The one with all the stitches.

Have to wait until Monday to see the doctor. At least the dog is ok. It's my wife's dog. Sometimes, I hate that dog.

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Just go get it removed. Simple local anesthesia and our an hour later. It’s pretty easy and straightforward.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post