SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    T-mobile/Sprint possible merger
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

T-mobile/Sprint possible merger Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
If you have been keeping up you haveheard of the possible merger of T-mobile and Sprint.

Question:
If you subscribe to T-mobile and the merger happens will you ditch T-Mobile?

Choices:
Yes
No
Undecided

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, sucky company A + sucky company B = A Larger Still Sucks Company.

Doesn't effect me...They are both terrible companies with terrible service and offer deceitful ads upon the population.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8309 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Question:
If you subscribe to T-mobile and the merger happens will you ditch T-Mobile?

Yes. I'll switch to Sprint.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43778 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Doesn't effect me...They are both terrible companies with terrible service and offer deceitful ads upon the population.

Beat me to it. Have tried both, wouldn't pay a dime for either.

Posts: 9938 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:

That pretty much describes it completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13937 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've had Sprint wireless as my only phone service since 1999, and the network has been excellent. There was a longish period when customer service sucked, but even that's OK now.

And since 2002, Sprint wireless has been my Internet service. I bought a hotspot (portable LTE – WiFi bridge & router) a few months ago, and had trouble getting it configured. A text message conversation with SprintChat resolved that problem.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8815 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I have been with TMO since 99 when I worked for Voicestream, I will have to see how they change.

I would rather they did not merge as it will effect busines greatly, my company stock is already taking a hit.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had T-mobile as my one an only service since 2002 or so.

The only time I have had problem without having any service was at Fort Irwin, CA, traveling in parts of WV from VA to Ohio and on Aberdeen Proving Grounds.

I had great reception in Wyoming, but I believe they use Union Telephone Company towers.

I will probably keep it unless they really nose dive it.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with T-Mobile. A merger can only serve to F it up. Of course this from the guy that though Beta was better than VCR. Big Grin

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Happy tmo customer for many years. If tmo ends up running the show then it will be great. The guy that runs t mobile is a nutjob but he knows what he is doing customer service wise.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I dont see how they could make this work. They work on two totally different systems.

Posts: 7387 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Depends on whether the resulting company is more like Sprint (really Softbank, a Japanese company) or T-Mobile. If TMO is merely being absorbed by Softbank: Yes. We will move to VZW or AT&T.

Keeping both AT&T and Sprint from buying and killing TMO was one of the few things the Obama Administration got right.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25980 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have T-Mobile from Sprint.
Will gladly take Sprints network at T-Mobile price.
Sprint was great in network and customer service. Tmobiles network coverage is not very good in some places but it is silly cheap compared to others.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25317 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already have both. Google Fi uses both of their cell towers Razz

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
We were ATT for 10+ years, switched to T-mobile to save money and it sucked SO bad. We went to Sprint with their $10 month unlimited plan for one year, so far Sprint has been fairly good.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the customer service complaints with cell providers. I mail them a check every month. I have zero interaction with them. The same can be said for the electric, water, and cable providers. We have had an unlimited plan for a really long time so the bill doesn't really change. What are the customer service issues yall are seeing?

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was on Sprint about 3 years ago and the coverage in my area sucked big time, however I know they have increased their coverage. I switched to T-Mobile and have never had any problems with them. I think I will stay if they do merge. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3051 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Remember Nextel?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Remember Nextel?

This and the way they screwed over Clearwire internet customers when they bought them out is why Sprint will never see another dime of my money. If however T-Mo runs the show I might at some point give them another try.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm on ATT right now but have considered TMo for their international capability. If there is a merger and that gets screwed up there are going to be a LOT of unhappy pilots and crew, not to mention travelers who spend a lot of time overseas.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post