SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Played My Last Golf Round Of The Year
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Played My Last Golf Round Of The Year Login/Join 
posted
My work schedule looks hectic from now until the end of year so golf is pretty much out even if the weather permits. At any rate my last round looked like I was going to come in with an 82 if I hit par on the last four holes. Birdie, Birdie, Birdie, Birdie! My best score this year. I'm still reliving hitting the last four greens in regulation with 3-4 foot putts for bird. That was fun as hell but all good things must endFrown

That is all.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Way to finish!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Texans
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great finish. Sports psychologists say that was not luck or a hot streak, you were just playing to your true potential. Enjoy your break and read some of Bob Rotella's books starting with "Golf is not a game of Perfect". It is a great way to improve your game during the off season.

Posts: 722 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Great way to go out.

I played my last round a couple years ago. Then I hurt my back worse than usual. It took about 4-5 months to fully heal. In the meantime, I got used to doing other things. To go back to golf would mean giving up something else, so I just haven't bene playing. Actually thinking about giving up my club membership.

I think part of it is mental. I was scratch back in high school, and then college, law school and work got in the way. I've never been able to play like I used to and it was always frustrating. I knew what it was like to be really good, and it was tough to enjoy the game if I couldn't be that good again.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Nice score. I never came close to 78. My best was 85 and I never repeated it but I relive it every now and again. Those last holes will be on your mind all winter long.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Nice score. I never came close to 78. My best was 85 and I never repeated it but I relive it every now and again. Those last holes will be on your mind all winter long.

Jim

Consistent I am not. Typically I'm mid 80's but I can shoot an 81 one week and the next week shoot a 105. I will remember the last four holes because at my age that will probably never happen again.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

Consistent I am not. Typically I'm mid 80's but I can shoot an 81 one week and the next week shoot a 105. I will remember the last four holes because at my age that will probably never happen again.

That's the beauty of golf. I've played courses where 105 would be an expectable score for me. Ironically, those tougher courses seem to be the most fun to play. I guess I like to be punished every now and then. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Finish strong!

My best round was a 92... then we played the back nine. (I kid you not!)

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Drive for show, putt for dough. Cool

Posts: 22903 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
That’s a helluva finish, way to go! 4 birdies in a round is the best I’ve ever had but 4 in a row to finish, from someone who plays a lot of golf my Titleist hat is off to you!

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingfoot:
That’s a helluva finish, way to go! 4 birdies in a round is the best I’ve ever had but 4 in a row to finish, from someone who plays a lot of golf my Titleist hat is off to you!

I've had four birdies in a round but never back to back to back to back. It was an unreal finish. The wifey is saying that I seem to be in a cloud todayBig Grin Oh well, back to the job and real world tomorrow. Saturday will be a great memory.

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Nice finish! First time I was set to break 80 I gagged...second time too.
Then I cured the recto-cranial inversion and told myself to play golf, not score. Then 3 or 4 more rounds in the 70s followed.

That was then. Now I'm happy with 86 and if the putter is cooperating an 81 or so isn't out of the question if I manage to get any decent practice in.

Very nice way to finish a season! Cool

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Well done. Finishing strong is tough, finishing with 4 birdies is "priceless". I play year round here in Richmond. Most of the winter temps are above 40, but I'll even play in the 20's if it's not overcast and windy. I adhere to the Scots view on the matter. There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.

One issue with golf is you can have a career round but you will still look back on the shots you dropped and imagine what you could have posted. I've never had 6 birdies in one round before, but burned the right edge of the cup on #18. Perfect stroke, but a slight misread from 5 feet, and it still bugs me 3 months later.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come up to the Yoop for snow golf.
Two words:
Orange balls.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Come up to the Yoop for snow golf.
Two words:
Orange balls.

If I was in that weather I would have Blue Balls.

Oh, were you talking about golf balls?

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Good job Bytes!

Best round of my life was an 82 at Pebble Beach.

Haven't played a round in the several years since.

Mostly due to my ankle injury and resulting surgeries, and partly due to the fact that I know I'll never be capable of being better than that. I've had better scores, I once parred a course, but an 82 at Pebble Beach? I'm pretty proud of that one. Could have, should have, been sub 80, but I lost two balls over the cliff on 6. I swear that hole was designed by the devil himself.

I do miss the game desperately though. I used to be out no less than 3-4 times per week for at least 9 holes. When I was in school, I lived right next to the 2nd hole of the Albany muni course. I figured out what time I could sneak out on the course in the evenings, starting on the 2nd, and be coming around through the clubhouse after they closed and nobody was around to bust me, finishing number one at near dark. It worked out perfectly and I was out no less than five times a week for those several years. It was great because I was the only one on the course at that time of night. Nobody hitting into you, nobody holding you up, just me, the ball, and the course. It was incredibly therapeutic for me at that particular time in my life.

I've resolved to get back into playing next year. Hoping my ankle will hold up.

It's that one good hole that keeps you coming back.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post