SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Piketon OH Mass murder still unsolved 2+ years later -- UPDATE : Arrests made 11/13
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piketon OH Mass murder still unsolved 2+ years later -- UPDATE : Arrests made 11/13 Login/Join 
posted
https://www.cincinnati.com/sto...r-2-years/531686002/

https://www.cincinnati.com/sto...reviewed/1357318002/

hard to believe this is still unsolved

------------------------------------------

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig209,

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good lord. What a terrible scene that must have been

I hadn’t heard about this but just read the links. From the multiple shots fired at each person, sounds like an orchestrated hit for sure. Not a robbery gone bad. And multiple killings in multiple buildings ? Weird. And the other family that had bad blood including the fathering of children that just up and moved to Alaska ? All very strange. At least the poor children were spared.

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Definitely pro work.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one is never getting solved.. a lot of people think it was a cartel hit

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
This one is never getting solved.. a lot of people think it was a cartel hit

i tend to agree but one of the articles claims LE has dismissed that notion

hard to believe that a crew of locals would be that proficient

----------------------------------

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Scary..

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t have much faith in the local cops on this one.. they left the trailers unsecured in the police impound.. that’s just one of a few mistakes that have been made. If DeWine wins the election for governor I think the whole thing will be forgotten pretty quickly.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am not aware of this one. But something is rotten in demark. They need to push the locals to the sideline and bring in the big boys. For cris sakes eight people murdered? Rachet up the pressure and get it solved. No evidence, really, C'mon.
This has to be a bad joke. I do not care who they were. That is a terrible loss. And no progress. Time to move things along and like yesterday.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19172 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I am not aware of this one. But something is rotten in demark. They need to push the locals to the sideline and bring in the big boys. For cris sakes eight people murdered? Rachet up the pressure and get it solved. No evidence, really, C'mon.
This has to be a bad joke. I do not care who they were. That is a terrible loss. And no progress. Time to move things along and like yesterday.
From the first article:
quote:
Two agents from the state’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation and a member of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office remain assigned to the case full-time and work out of an office in the county
quote:
"One of these days, if and when somebody is charged, there's a lot of things that would be public that can't be made public now. There are some things that could clear this up for you in about two seconds but I really can't say anything because the investigation is still going on," Junk said.
quote:
"I can't talk about that," DeWine said. "We know a whole lot more than when we got started. I made a commitment to sheriff and people of Pike County I will not pull out of the case until we have an arrest, an indictment and a conviction."
It may be a smoke screen, but on the other hand true professionals don't release everything to the media. Both the country prosecutor and State AG have said they aren't releasing everything to the media.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other SF Cops may agree with me when I say I often knew exactly who had committed a crime or crimes on my beat. I was a home town boy and my old HS crowd often told me things and people I arrested often told me things too.
But knowing and proving it beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury are two different things. Especially in complex or conspiracy type cases. And Prosecutors want to win.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Members of the family are still not safe.. wasn’t too long ago (maybe a few months) that I think a cousin to the family was randomly shot and I think survived. Somebody in that family definitely pissed off the wrong people. I really do hope they figure this one out

posted Hide Post
Hey OP you might want to correct the thread title. It’s Piketon,
NOT Pikeville.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Ken-in-Tucky | Registered: June 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TwoRivers:
Hey OP you might want to correct the thread title. It’s Piketon,
NOT Pikeville.

done

thanks for the correction

---------------------------------

posted Hide Post
Maybe not the Mexican drug cartel but somebody was pissed at this family.. the Mexican cartel not above killing an entire family like this. Further reading this week shows they had a grow house with 200+ plants... that’s not because somebody has glaucoma. And within a very short time frame of these 7 being shot, another family member was shot 8 miles away to make victim #8 ? Somebody wanted to send a message. This is a fascinating case.

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Maybe not the Mexican drug cartel but somebody was pissed at this family.. the Mexican cartel not above killing an entire family like this. Further reading this week shows they had a grow house with 200+ plants... that’s not because somebody has glaucoma. And within a very short time frame of these 7 being shot, another family member was shot 8 miles away to make victim #8 ? Somebody wanted to send a message. This is a fascinating case.

i agree - the drug angle has got to be a major factor - but killing so many for a drug transgression seems quite 'over the top'

when this is finally solved - i will be very interested to read the full account

even the shootings - headshots with many of them stated to be through the victim's eye - are skillfully deliberate

-------------------------

Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Sig209, for a transgression, you wouldnt kill the kids. Talk to former death row or harden criminals, and even with them the code of conduct is children crimes get you killed or beating daily in prison. There is a line most criminals wont cross, and that line involve kids

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure 200 plants gets that type of executions.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
arrests made today

http://www.wtol.com/2018/11/13...pike-county-murders/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/rho...n-2016-ohio-killings

--------------------------------

posted Hide Post
No details yet, but sounds somewhat similiar to the McStay family murders.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McStay_family_murder

The McStays were killed because the father's business associate wanted some of the McStay's money. He killed the family with a 3 lb. hammer and then wrote $21,000 of checks to himself.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
If guilty I sure hope they all feel the full weight of the entire justice system. Ten fold. Lord knows they deserve it. I imagine that smirk is long gone about now.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19172 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post