SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Biscuits n gravey...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biscuits n gravey... Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Maybe you stayed at The Brown in Loiusville. Bisquits and sausage gravy is still on the menu.

It wasn't that one. Not unless there's been extensive outside remodeling and re-landscaping.

This hotel had a strongly German/Bavarian theme. Only one I can find searching on those terms is The Seelbach, and that doesn't look like it, either.

The Seelbach and The Brown are Louisville staples, and Biscuits and Gravy are on the breakfast menu, then again, it's on most KY restaurant breakfast menus LOL.

If you were at the Brown you'd probably would have had a Hot Brown for breakfast instead.

The Galt House, aka The Galt, is another landmark Louisville downtown hotel.

https://galthouse.com/

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Cook, drain...

Drain?!??!???!???

Did you say drain the sausage grease??!?!? The grease that makes the gravy??!?!?

Heretic!!!!!!

My Mamaw would swat your bottom if you threw the grease away!

Wink Smile

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read that about draining the grease. Figured it had to be a mistake? Right?

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Cook, drain...

Drain?!??!???!???

Did you say drain the sausage grease??!?!? The grease that makes the gravy??!?!?

Heretic!!!!!!

Wink Smile

I didn’t say completely. But understand the point made

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Cool

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least once per month, biscuits and gravy, sausage.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had to to cook this all the time in the Army and was never a big fan but will tear up some SOS on toast any day!

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was raised on biscuits and sausage gravy. The love for them has never left me. I can't believe that there is a Southern boy/girl that does not like B&G. I will admit that I have been known to put a bit of Tobasco Sauce on mine.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It doesn't hurt to add some cumin, sage, black pepper, and cayenne/hot sauce of your choice to the gravy as you are cooking it.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My parents were raised in Arkansas and B&G were a staple in our household when I was growing up. I don't cook, but every so often I'll have B&G at a local Waffle House (theirs are pretty good).

It's not a particularly healthy meal, but it is very filling (and tasty!).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
I BELIEVE.....I'd reclassify "Joe" as a ..."friend".

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4583 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
Cat head biscuits are required for a proper biscuits and gravy dish. I like mine with sausage that ain’t ever been to town. Black coffee. Yum. Makes my Southern heart full.

Posts: 391 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Sausage gravy on biscuits, home fried potatoes with eggs topped off with Cajun Sunshine pepper sauce. Please don't show this to my Doctor. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
It doesn't hurt to add some cumin, sage, black pepper, and cayenne/hot sauce of your choice to the gravy as you are cooking it.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, looks goooooood. And biscuits and gravy isn't just for breakfast. I'd eat it any time of day.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Cook, drain...

Drain?!??!???!???

Heretic!!!!!!

Wink Smile

Drain? Hell I add a pat of butter to it to make better/more gravy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:
Cook, drain...

Drain?!??!???!???

Heretic!!!!!!

Wink Smile

Drain? Hell I add a pat of butter to it to make better/more gravy.

Butter? WTH? A dollop of bacon grease my man. BACON GREASE! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I like mine with a chicken fried steak and the gravy poured over the whole plate, couple of fried eggs on top.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Best of the best round here surprisingly enough is Dairy Queen.
I have the slap a fried egg on top!

Only problem is the DQ dining room has been closed since Covid. Not eating Biscuits and Gravy sitting in the car.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Butter? WTH? A dollop of bacon grease my man. BACON GREASE!

I have no argument against this practice.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Is there anything more gooder at breakfast? Nope. I love them. My friend Joe tells me they aint healthy eating. OK Joe, lemme see what the innernet says. Uh Oh...not a single vitamin in bisquits n gravey. What will we ever do? Take yer damn Centrum Silver. All will be good. They do got some protien in them. As good as they are, does anyone actually care? Eat your bisquits n gravey. Enjoy and be happy. You like 'em?

My Chicago born Yankee son-in-law made this for us while we were down visiting in Florida over Easter with my daughter and the grandkids.

He nailed it. He has his milk sausage gravy down to a science. Now, he did use canned biscuits whereas here in the South (I'm in SC, grew up here in the family restaurant) we all grew-up with homemade big fluffy oven cast iron skillet biscuits ... but his were darn good even with the canned biscuits. Plus he threw some seriously good scrambled eggs in the mix with heavy cream and cream cheese mixed-in ... alongside some serious thick cut Applewood smoked bacon.

I mean it was a heckuva breakfast.

We're slowly turning him into to a southerner.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Biscuits and gravy are by far my favorite breakfast. Soooo good.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post