SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wet shavers - Georgetown Pottery Scuttles on Sale (“Seconds”-but I cant tell mine from a “first”)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wet shavers - Georgetown Pottery Scuttles on Sale (“Seconds”-but I cant tell mine from a “first”) Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
I love my shaving scuttle from GP, they are on sale today as one of the 12 Days of Christmas deals.

Good stuff

https://www.georgetownpottery....ategory/Shaving.html

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, I’ve been wanting one of these.

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Thanks, just ordered a G20!!!

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never had a scuttle. Love the idea. Does it make a functional difference between the 12 and 20 oz models?

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Never had a scuttle. Love the idea. Does it make a functional difference between the 12 and 20 oz models?

I’ve only used the 20, 12 seemed a little small for me

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

I have a 12 oz. "second" that I bought over a year ago after a similar post by 911Boss. The blemish is hard to find.

I'm fine w/ the 12 oz. but I admit I don't bowl lather much w/ it. I'm a face latherer. The only time I bowl lather is when I use cream (I'm a shave soap guy. I build lather on the soap and then go straight to the face).

My main use is just to keep my lathered brush warm during the 2 passes on my head and 3 passes on my face which, during winter, w/ a cracked open window for steam exhaust, requires me to cover my brush in the scuttle w/ a saucer while I shave. I have a 20mm finest badger knot w/ a short handle, it fits in the scuttle bowl under a domed saucer.

I fill the 12 oz.'er w/ hot water before I shower to preheat and then refill again just before I shave.
The bowl holds 12 oz. as does the inner fill area. Refilling both w/ hot water again just before my shave does the trick for winter shaving. This scuttle works way better than my previous method to keep warm lather available.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post