SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I bought my first automatic watch.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I bought my first automatic watch. Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
While walking around the Place Vendôme in Paris and window shopping all the high end watches, I came across this amazing timepiece. The Greubel Forsey GMT. Wow. That's all I can say. Super cool. At over half a million dollars however, I'll obviously never own it. But man it's sweet.

https://www.greubelforsey.com/en/collection/gmt/

These are the pics I took:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That thing is wild.

I ordered another Seiko 5 Automatic because two is one and one is none. These things are addictive.

Are those $60 display case/watch turners for automatic watches on eBay any good?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I ordered another Seiko 5 Automatic

Which one, stick?

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Been trying to pull the trigger on a Hamilton Jazzmaster. So far I have not been able to pry open the wallet.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I have been wearing my Seiko 5 on an off for about 3 years. I shower with it and swim. It gets treated like a GLOCK and I paid $50 new online.

I do update the time once a week it loses around 2 min a week. NO big deal...

The dial stays bright enough to read once energized by my old surefire zenon flashlight.
It is not noisy at night and it's not to large or small it's just right.
Congrats on your purchase.
I'd take a picture and post it for fun but I put away my GalaxyS6 and I phone 4s and went back to my FLIP PHONE which takes lousy pictures. Smile
Someday I'd like to find a nice simple durable waterproof wind up watch.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I have a 14k Hamilton Thin-O-Matic that my daddy got in 1965 for 25 years service at Ethyl Corporation.
It hasn't ran in years but it was a really nice watch

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still want a GMT Master II and the Submariner Date with the blue face.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
vthoky, just another Seiko 5 Automatic but with a dark blue dial instead of light blue. It looks exactly like the one I have except for the dial. Of course right after I ordered it I found a similar Seiko with a silver dial. (I can’t find any exactly like mine with the light blue dial)

I also scooped up a 1973 Seiko Automatic for a VERY low price.

I’ve been looking at gorgeous Citizen Automatics like this one lately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
How good are the Citizen automatics? Are they on par with Seiko?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
So...you guys were right. Automatic watches are damn addictive.

I wonder if the guy who made that Seiko 5 YouTube vid gets a commission? I sent it to my friend and now he has a Seiko 5 Automatic. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~