SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General)
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General) Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Trumps response- “It’s been revoked”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Big Grin

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
One more thing done by Obama that trump has reversed Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Promises made, promises kept. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

From "Lethal Weapon 2."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwC_IaY3BmY

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Most Iranian students (during protests) walking around or avoiding American and Israeli flags on the pavement.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
Most Iranian students (during protests) walking around or avoiding American and Israeli flags on the pavement.

Wow.

Hmmm, I wonder what that scene would look like if it were in Berkeley...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Wow.

With all the leftist traitors in country I don’t wan to think about it. I’m also a bit shocked they have our and Israel’s flags painted on the ground there, unless it’s for insulting purposes.

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Wow.

With all the leftist traitors in country I don’t wan to think about it. I’m also a bit shocked they have our and Israel’s flags painted on the ground there, unless it’s for insulting purposes.

Of COURSE the liberal dirtbags at any liberal college would stomp all over those two flags. You know it. I know it. Everybody with a brain knows it.

Look past the same old stereotypes and think about what is going on in Iran. A month ago, would anybody here have believed that ANY Iranian students would avoid stomping on the flags of the 'two satans'? (I can never remember if we are the great or lesser satan, but this doesn't matter right now)

Iran is facing internal revolution. Yes, it's a long shot, and there are a LOT of things that would have to happen to make this come about, but think about what would happen if Iran slid back towards civility again. That would be a world-changing event.

I, for one, choose to look on this story as a VERY positive thing, and I am definitely praying that things in Iran get shook up (the good way, of course).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm optimistic, but it could be something simpler. Imagine if a state-approved TV camera were there, and recorded numbers of college kids (still chic in Iran since the days when college students stormed the US embassy) trampling the US and Israeli flags. Now imagine if the voice-over described the kids as part of a rally to voice outrage at the US and Israel rather than the mullahs. You can see why the kids would be careful to avoid walking on the flags - that footage would never make it on state-approved air.

quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
^^^^
Promises made, promises kept. Wink

Big Grin I wonder if it even took a pen or a phone call.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Look past the same old stereotypes and think about what is going on in Iran.

You misunderstand the crux of my post. What I mean is I cannot believe the regime would allow the flags of its two most hated enemies to be displayed like that. It is clear from many sources that the Iranian people are tired of the fanatics and do like the west, us included in a big way. The people are dead tired of the religious zealots holding their country back and I hope the time is right for them to seize power back from them.

posted Hide Post
Just wondering when I see stuff like this. Do you think it's just possible, in light of his success in this and other areas, that we will see PRESIDENT Trump bring Israel and Iran as well as a few others, to the negotiating table? That would be sweet.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Just wondering when I see stuff like this. Do you think it's just possible, in light of his success in this and other areas, that we will see PRESIDENT Trump bring Israel and Iran as well as a few others, to the negotiating table? That would be sweet.

It would be sweet, but will never happen. Or if it did, no lasting peace would come of it. The bad blood runs too deep.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:

What's there to negotiate, those two countries are 1,000 miles apart. The only ones agitating and shit-talking are the mullahs/IRGC insisting that Israel is the source of all their problems. Israel would be perfectly fine having relations with Iran (Iran/Persia used to have a very sizable Jewish population prior to Islam) provided their leaders aren't hell bent on their destruction and shit-talking about Jews every waking moment. The change has to happen to Iran and it has to be from within.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.
If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
- Benjamin Netanyahu

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.
If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel."
- Benjamin Netanyahu

Cannot be put more succinctly. One side is the problem, not the other, and I'm not necessarily a believer in absolutes. This one is.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
You misunderstand the crux of my post. What I mean is I cannot believe the regime would allow the flags of its two most hated enemies to be displayed like that.

They were put there expressly for people to walk on them as a sign of disrespect. Likewise: Students are now expressly walking around them as a form of protest.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
That's a really big deal, those students avoiding the flags, and the few radicals standing and screaming.

Hope the momentum continues to build.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I wonder if Stampy Feet mutters allahu akbar in his prayers.
I'm sure he does. I am positive that he is a Moslem.

Regarding the Iranians, I lived among them for nearly 2 years 1969-1971 (while the Shah was still on the throne) and by and large they were very nice people. Most females wore Western dress (modest) and the society was fairly happy. There were some very poor people, but not many were starving (the Shah provided government stores that sold basic food for practically nothing). I enjoyed my time there.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I wonder if Stampy Feet mutters allahu akbar in his prayers.
I'm sure he does. I am positive that he is a Moslem.

flashguy

Where lying to unbelievers is not only expedient, it is an obligation.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post