SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General)
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General) Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I wonder if Stampy Feet mutters allahu akbar in his prayers.
I'm sure he does. I am positive that he is a Moslem.

flashguy

Where lying to unbelievers is not only expedient, it is an obligation.

I ask anyone here, what would take for you to make this mistake?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Video: Iranian security forces reportedly using live ammunition to disperse protesters

https://nypost.com/2020/01/13/...disperse-protesters/

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Iranian security forces fired both live ammunition and tear gas to disperse demonstrators protesting against the Islamic Republic’s initial denial that it shot down a Ukrainian jetliner, online videos purported to show Monday.

There was no immediate report in Iranian state-run media on the incident near Azadi, or Freedom, Square in Tehran on Sunday night after a call went up for protests there.

Videos sent to the New York-based Center for Human Rights in Iran and later verified by The Associated Press show a crowd of demonstrators fleeing as a tear gas canister landed among them. People cough and sputter while trying to escape the fumes, with one woman calling out in Farsi: “They fired tear gas at people! Azadi Square. Death to the dictator!”

Another video shows a woman being carried away in the aftermath as a blood trail can be seen on the ground. Those around her cry out that she has been shot by live ammunition in the leg.

“Oh my God, she’s bleeding nonstop!” one person shouts. Another shouts: “Bandage it!”

Photos and video after the incident show pools of blood on the sidewalk.

Tehran’s police chief, Gen. Hossein Rahimi, later denied his officers opened fire.

“Police treated people who had gathered with patience and tolerance,” Iranian media quoted Rahimi as saying. “Police did not shoot in the gatherings since broad-mindedness and restraint has been the agenda of the police forces of the capital.”

However, uniformed police officers were just one arm of Iran’s security forces who were out in force for the demonstrations.

Riot police in black uniforms and helmets gathered earlier Sunday in Vali-e Asr Square, at Tehran University and other landmarks. Revolutionary Guard members patrolled the city on motorbikes, and plainclothes security men were also out in force. People looked down as they walked briskly past police, apparently trying not to draw attention to themselves.

The Guard previously has been accused of opening fire on demonstrators during protests over government-set gasoline prices rising in November, violence that reportedly saw over 300 people killed.

The crash of the Ukraine International Airliner early on Wednesday killed all 176 people on board, mostly Iranians and Iranian-Canadians. After pointing to a technical failure and insisting for three days that the Iranian armed forces were not to blame, authorities on Saturday admitted accidentally shooting it down in the face of mounting evidence and accusations by Western leaders.

Iran downed the flight as it braced for possible American retaliation after firing ballistic missiles at two bases in Iraq housing U.S. forces earlier on Wednesday. The missile attack, which caused no casualties, was a response to the killing of Gen. Qassem Soleimani, Iran’s top general, in a U.S. airstrike in Baghdad. But no retaliation came.

Iranians have expressed anger over the downing of the plane and the misleading explanations from senior officials in the wake of the tragedy. They are also mourning the dead, which included many young people who were studying abroad.

At earlier protests Saturday, students in Tehran shouted: “They are lying that our enemy is America! Our enemy is right here!”

Javad Kashi, a professor of politics at Tehran Allameh University, wrote online that people should be allowed to express their anger in public protests. “Buckled under the pressure of humiliation and being ignored, people poured into the streets with so much anger,” he wrote. “Let them cry as much as they want.”

There’s also been a cultural outpouring of grief and anger from Iran’s creative community.

Some Iranian artists, including famed director Masoud Kimiai, withdrew from an upcoming international film festival. Two state TV hosts resigned in protest over the false reporting about the cause of the plane crash.

Taraneh Alidoosti, one of Iran’s most-famous actresses, posted a picture of a black square on Instagram with the caption: “We are not citizens. We are hostages. Millions of hostages.”

Saeed Maroof, the captain of Iran’s national volleyball team, also wrote on Instagram: “I wish I could be hopeful that this was the last scene of the show of deceit and lack of wisdom of these incompetents but I still know it is not.”

He said that despite the qualification of Iran’s national team for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics after years of efforts, “there is no energy left in our sad and desperate souls to celebrate.”

Meanwhile, another video making the rounds showed the national symbol of Iran, four crescents and a sword in the shape of a water lily flying through what appeared to be a 1980s-style video game like “Galaga.” Music chimes when it touches oil as it fires on symbols representing people, knowledge and ultimately an airplane.

“To be continued,” the caption at the end of the clip reads.

Video here: https://twitter.com/BahmanKalb...nypost.wordpress.com

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds: What I mean is I cannot believe the regime would allow the flags of its two most hated enemies to be displayed like that.

You are missing the point, Sir. In Islamic culture, showing the sole of the foot, throwing a shoe, or trampling on an object are THE direst of insults. By having the two flags painted where they can be walked over continuously is simply a cheap way of getting their 'insults' done automatically by everybody who walks over them.

By avoiding them, these people are showing the mullahs that they do NOT want to insult America or Israel.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
At earlier protests Saturday, students in Tehran shouted: “They are lying that our enemy is America! Our enemy is right here!”

.در نهایت ، چشم شما باز است ، و شما می توانید ببینید

Finally, your eyes are open, and you can see.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I'll say it again- the vermin oppressing Iran no longer deserve to be a part of humanity. They need to be culled. The concept of being civilized is too foreign to them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“The Iranians didn’t intend to kill anyone.” Right. Roll Eyes

The Wall Street Journal:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Missile Attack Shook Troops At Iraq Base

BY ISABEL COLES

AL ASAD AIR BASE, Iraq— More than two hours before Iran fired its first salvo of missiles at the large base here in western Iraq last week, American soldiers took cover in concrete bunkers that once belonged to Saddam Hussein’s military.

Air Force Capt. Nate Brown, a 34-year-old from Alabama, said he had sent his wife a message telling her he loved her before seeking shelter in one of the bunkers, where there were no phone or radio connections. Some soldiers said they played the card game Uno and even dozed off as they waited.

The missiles started slamming into the base—which hosts the largest number of U.S. troops of any single facility in Iraq—around 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday, gouging craters in the surface of the airfield and torching metal containers.

“We could feel the shock wave and when the impact hit, the bunker doors sunk in,” said Air Force Lt. Col. Staci Coleman. “My personal opinion is that they really wanted to target our [air] assets and if they so happened to kill Americans in the process, that was OK with them.”

The day before, some of the roughly 1,500 U.S. troops stationed at Al Asad had been re- located to other bases to limit exposure based on information that suggested an attack was likely imminent. They have largely returned to the base.

The U.S. military, which maintains a world-wide network of sensors and radar systems, said its detection technology and defensive measures alerted U.S. forces to the impending Iranian attack and allowed at least an hour for American forces to prepare and take cover.

U.S. officers at Al Asad said they had information Iran was poised to retaliate for the targeted killing of Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani on Jan. 3. The strike that killed the Iranian commander has unleashed a tide of anti-American sentiment, raising questions about the future of the U.S. presence in Iraq and the fight against Islamic State.

Immediately after the attack, Iranian Foreign

Minister Javad Zarif indicated in a tweet that Al Asad had been targeted because it served as the launchpad for the strike that killed Gen. Soleimani.

Days before the strike hit Al Asad, supporters of the Iranbacked Kataib Hezbollah militia had attempted to storm the American Embassy in Baghdad.

That was after the U.S. struck the group’s bases along the Syrian border, having blamed the militia for a rocket attack on a base hosting coalition troops in northern Iraq that killed an American contractor.

There were no casualties in Iran’s attack on Al Asad, and Chief Warrant Officer Michael Pridgeon, 33, who is responsible for securing the base’s Reaper drones, which are used for air surveillance, said there had been no damage to any assets.

But soldiers who lived through the attack described fearful moments as they came under fire.

Col. Coleman said she had been informed around 9 p.m. of the expected missile attack and began evacuating around half of the 200 people under her command by 10 p.m. She then sought shelter in a bunker around 300 yards from the spot one of the missiles would land.

Lt. Col. Antoinette Chase, who was in charge of coordinating emergency response when the Iranian attack took place, said she had issued instructions for the base to go on lockdown at 11 p.m. on Tuesday.

“We actually received some things earlier in the day that kind of let us know that we needed to reposition our forces,” Col. Chase said.

At 11:30 p.m., she issued the command for everyone to go down into the bunkers. People guarding the perimeter of the base stayed on duty in case the missile strike was the precursor to an attack by land.

The first barrage of missiles struck the base at around 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday and continued at intervals for the next two hours. Col. Chase said the missiles were able to be detected four to five minutes before they hit their targets.

Most of the missiles hit an airfield, blasting craters about 20 feet in diameter and 4 to 5 feet deep in the ground. The impact blew the walls

off nearby portable buildings.

As soldiers hunkered down, unable to communicate with troops at the surface, they feared someone might have been killed.

“That was a big part of the uncertainty,” Capt. Brown said.

Around sunrise, they emerged after a knock on the door of the bunker signaled the danger had passed.

“My nerves were shot,” he said.

Surveying the damage on Monday, as bulldozers scooped the mangled metal structures of huge tents that usually house aircraft, he acknowledged Iran’s capabilities. “It’s impressive. The accuracy is not out of the realm of abilities.”

Iran said it didn’t intend to kill anybody with the strikes, though some soldiers disputed the claim.

“You’re in a region that is full of conflict,” said First Sgt. Larry Jackson, 42, who like many of the older servicemen has been deployed in Iraq before.

At least one of the missiles landed in an area that had been used as living quarters. A blaze had charred and melted metal containers that serve as bedrooms and the force of the blast toppled four-ton blast walls.

“We were in real danger here,” Col. Chase said.

Link

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
[/FLASH_VIDEO]

He is definitely not a Christian. I think he is either Muslim, or simply has no real religious conviction; having been exposed to the Muslim faith as a boy, then doing the "politically expedient thing" by attending a so-called Christian church in Chicago as an adult.

My gut says his visceral hate for the United States means he is a Muslim sympathizer, at the least. I don't think anyone who has a genuine, non-Muslim faith would accidentally call themselves Muslim.

Just as he has called Michelle "Michael" a couple of times publicly, I think his referral to himself as Muslim was an unguarded, inadvertently honest, slip of the tongue.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
There is another video that has shown up on Sig Forum of him as a much younger man, where the says "my mother was a Mus..." and then he catches himself in mid-word and stops. Don't recall the tread. Maybe some of you guys can find that video, I don't have the skill set.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, now I feel stupid.

I was reading another website that was laying out the case that without DNA, we really don't know who we killed. That ring was popular.
I guess lot of people wear rings like that, including his friends and associates. A photo of a hand and a ring really doesn't prove we killed him.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Just surfaced is a security cam video of the TWO missiles that double-tapped the Ukrainian plane from the sky.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
Well, now I feel stupid.

I was reading another website that was laying out the case that without DNA, we really don't know who we killed. That ring was popular.
I guess lot of people wear rings like that, including his friends and associates. A photo of a hand and a ring really doesn't prove we killed him.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Well, now I feel stupid.

Come on. If we missed this guy he'd have been on national TV ridiculing the US and Trump. I think its safe to say...He Dead.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why do you think we had people on site within a minute of the strike?

Hint, it wasn't just to take photos of stuff.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, now I feel stupid.

I concur --- let's try that again (and again (and again) ...)!

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Just surfaced is a security cam video of the TWO missiles that double-tapped the Ukrainian plane from the sky.

With the large target, the missile site operators were probably unsatisfied that the radar target was still in (generally) 1 piece after the first shot, hence the follow on shot to kill it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
So....there's this....

Report: Obama Granted Amnesty to Soleimani in Iran Deal

This amnesty clause in the JCPOA removed Soleimani from the Treasury Department’s designated terrorist list he had been on since 2007. Before the JCPOA, Soleimani was targeted with sanctions in the United Nations Security Council, by the U.S., the European Union, and the Swiss government.

As if this was not enough, in 2015, the Obama administration warned the Iranian leadership of an Israeli plan, revealing that Israel was closely tracking the Iranian general, thwarting the plans and creating a rift between the U.S. and Israel.

Has anyone actually read the actual JCPOA document and see if Soleimani was really given amnesty ??? I tried reading it and do see his name on the list, but all the **Legalese** language just confuses me. One of my friends told me that Soleimani was not given any amnesty and the rumors that he was given was faked by the Russians, etc. Please let me know what you think or read and understand of the actual document. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3054 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post