SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General)
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General) Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
During Desert Storm there was an F-18 coming out of Iraq at aircraft carrier height (I was onboard the USS Ranger when this happened) coming straight at our ship.

We went to general quarter and the aircraft was about 30 second from being shot down before he popped up and was identified as a friendly, not a missile.

Carp happens, especially when someone who wants to be a hero is manning the trigger. Wink

Holy shit!!!! I remember this well as I too was on the USS Ranger with VA-145.

I was an AMHAN at the time. Us and VA-155 were the two A-6 squadrons on board at the time.

I remember spending New Years prior to Desert Storm in the Philippines too.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Saw the better video on news this morning oof the meteorite streaking upwards before it hit the plane.

Shocking science.

Link please.

Link

Sorry - thought it had been posted here earlier.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't be a stretch to think that the Iranians shot that airliner down on purpose, in order to flip the international script off them and back on Trump.

Not saying that they did, but it's not out of the question with this crew... 80 instant involuntary martyrs.

There are few articles on Salami and his staff and the damage they did, it's all about political gamesmanship and get Trump....

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
It wouldn't be a stretch to think that the Iranians shot that airliner down on purpose, in order to flip the international script off them and back on Trump.

Ummm, no. That would be a stretch.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
During Desert Storm there was an F-18 coming out of Iraq at aircraft carrier height (I was onboard the USS Ranger when this happened) coming straight at our ship.

We went to general quarter and the aircraft was about 30 second from being shot down before he popped up and was identified as a friendly, not a missile.

Carp happens, especially when someone who wants to be a hero is manning the trigger. Wink

Holy shit!!!! I remember this well as I too was on the USS Ranger with VA-145.

I was an AMHAN at the time. Us and VA-155 were the two A-6 squadrons on board at the time.

I remember spending New Years prior to Desert Storm in the Philippines too.

I was an AE1 on USS PRINCETON up north in the tomahawk box that night. We had gone to GQ, started evasive maneuvers and fireing chaff. Luckily they scorted it out in time

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Ummm, no. That would be a stretch.

This was undoubtedly an accident- one that they are frantically trying to cover up as we speak. At some point, I'm thinking we will start seeing more amateur cell phone vids when folks there get bold enough to post it up.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
An accident-unless there was someone on that airplane they wanted to kill

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
An accident-unless there was someone on that airplane they wanted to kill

Saw it billed as an "accident" in the local news as well. Semantics, and that fits the liberal narrative, but an accident would be if they unintentionally fired a missile at the plane - maybe somebody sat on the launch button "accidentally." The likely scenario is that they deliberately and intentionally fired a missile - by mistake.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Sorry, shooting down a civilian airliner is not an accident. Knocking your coffee over with your arm is an accident.

That smoking hole in the ground was a major mistake. There should have been plenty of steps in place to prevent something like that when SAMs are in close proximity to an airport.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well then the only option is that it was an error by the SAM site staff, or as the Iranians first said, a technical error, as in Technically, Abdul shouldn't have pushed the button....?

or not.... I doubt we'll know for a while considering Irans holding the black boxes hostage

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
quote:
as in Technically, Abdul shouldn't have pushed the button....?

LOL! Great observation.

Iran will never admit anything. I believe they shot it down thinking it was something that was not supposed to be in that airspace.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
They forgot they had an active airport?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Also saw being dragged out the fact that the U.S. Navy shot down an Iranian airliner in 1988, just so, you know, equivalence. Sorry, Mr. fucked up Liberal Media Press. X does not justify or explain Y, particularly with no connection or nexus whatsoever with current circumstances or individuals TODAY.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Sorry, shooting down a civilian airliner is not an accident. Knocking your coffee over with your arm is an accident.

That smoking hole in the ground was a major mistake. There should have been plenty of steps in place to prevent something like that when SAMs are in close proximity to an airport.

Your dealing with a nation that does NOT value human life. You can't apply our standards to Iran.

I have flown on several hundred international flights. I would never fly threw Tehran no mater how much money it saved me. Not last month, not next month.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Conspiracy theory ahead, warning:

Any chance that the US could pull off actually grabbing Soleimani and getting him to a CIA or associated safehouse, while subbing in a body double? Explosives could make a messy area harder to investigate fully, and I wonder about their CSI capabilities?

Was thinking of the vast amount of information that one might glean from him by using (not)torture or some other appropriate methods...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

Any chance that the US could pull off actually grabbing Soleimani and getting him to a CIA or associated safehouse, while subbing in a body double? Explosives could make a messy area harder to investigate fully, and I wonder about their CSI capabilities?

Was thinking of the vast amount of information that one might glean from him by using (not)torture or some other appropriate methods...

A General of his stature would NEVER talk.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's more likely that he was actually abducted by a UFO filled with Elvis look-alikes and taken away...

IBTL.

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
General Salami is with Elvis, but if he was in a dark basement he would talk, everyone talks.

Posts: 1795 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Yup.
They f'd up, details and contingency planning aren't common traits in that part of the world. Having a SAM system, within proximity of an active commercial airport, that's quite the potent cocktail should it be mixed wrong...there was a bad bartender Wed night. Now a 737 is in burnt pieces and the Iranian have shit all over themselves.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:

It's more likely that he was actually abducted by a UFO filled with Elvis look-alikes and taken away...

IBTL.

They have him in the basement of 504 Battery Drive in New York City

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post