SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General)
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General) Login/Join 
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:

I see nothing in this photo to make me believe it's real. Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey? I don't think that's even spelled right.

Hogwash in my opinion.
I'll do you a solid, as you might want to get your hogwash detector tuned or Google turned on. Wink

https://www.middlebury.edu/institute/

And their source of imagery:

https://www.planet.com/

Oh, and here's what is probably a "before" photo of that area from the spies at good old Google Earth.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People are so gullible.

Text messages saying you’ve been selected for a military draft are fake, US Army says
POSTED 10:15 AM, JANUARY 8, 2020, BY SCRIPPS NATIONAL, UPDATED AT 10:54AM, JANUARY 8, 2020

Text messages telling people they have been selected for the military draft are fraudulent, the U.S. Army Recruiting Command says
^^^
That was funny. Thanks for posting. They should know it will be first sent out via their Facebook account, Instagram or Twitter. That proves that it is just not the elderly and infirm who are really gullible.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
To me the result of those strikes via the photos shows that the Iranian Military is just incompetent and/or their missiles suck / are inaccurate (likely a combination of both).

They were able to do damage to an oil refinery in Saudi Arabia with them since its full of stuff that blows up when damaged, so rockets all over is effective.

Not so much for a military base. They didn't 'try' to miss. They aren't good enough to do something like that.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Looks like the Iranians aimed for one of those aircraft carport things you see in Middle Eastern airbases to keep the aircraft from baking in the sun:

What‽ Maybe they didn’t miss on purpose after all? But … but, we had “sources” that said they did. Roll Eyes

This thread reminds me of the active shooter threads that are banned in the “breaking news” stage because they are inevitably full of groundless speculation and misinformation.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.newsweek.com/iran-...gIQkCi6DUo-pFQUF5534

IRAN SAYS IT HAS CONCLUDED ITS RESPONSE TO U.S. STRIKE, DOES NOT SEEK ESCALATION

After Iran launched a missile attack against air bases in Iraq that housed U.S. and coalition forces, Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif tweeted that Iran was finished fighting and was not actively pursuing any kind of escalation to the conflict.

cont....

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

IRAN SAYS IT HAS CONCLUDED ITS RESPONSE TO U.S. STRIKE, DOES NOT SEEK ESCALATION

After Iran launched a missile attack against air bases in Iraq that housed U.S. and coalition forces, Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif tweeted that Iran was finished fighting and was not actively pursuing any kind of escalation to the conflict.

cont....

Iran fired a few ineffective missiles that did little real damage. I think they knew if they killed any US people or hit any real US target they would be in for a world of hurt.

They did enough to tell their people they squashed the Americans. They can tell the world they did something.

I think they knew Trump was no longer playing around. Fire a few missiles that don't hurt anyone was all ok. Hurt or kill our people and they would watch their military assets go boom.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:

cont....

Yeps, maybe they think we will drop our guard after those statements, then in a month....deadly attacks.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:

cont....

Yeps, maybe they think we will drop our guard after those statements, then in a month....deadly attacks.

They've been chanting "Death to American" and through their special forces and proxies have been trying to kill us for DECADES! They've been listening to their own propaganda for far too long and think we're far too gullible. Well, maybe some of the Leftists here. Roll Eyes

I'm sure the proxy war will continue, but the intensity may vary according to who we have in the Oval Office.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Looks like the Iranians aimed for one of those aircraft carport things you see in Middle Eastern airbases to keep the aircraft from baking in the sun:

Link

So do we not have any Patriots to shoot down these missiles. Did we even try to stop these missiles?

I see nothing in this photo to make me believe it's real. Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey? I don't think that's even spelled right.

Hogwash in my opinion.

I can assure you those photos are correct.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
And here, at home, we should clean our rifles and keep our powder dry.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Evidence is mounting to suggest that the Ukrainian airliner was shot down by Iran...'They highlighted pictures of the crash scene which they said "show obvious projectile holes in the fuselage and a wing section".

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/202...RJMD6rqzU8b9cA5gCwpP

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Utah has the worst GOP politicians in the country. They are all horrible in their own ways.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
So Iran kills our people, we kill a terrorist, they have a fit, ineffectually lob missiles at us and shoot down an airliner full of non-Iranians.

Good one, Iran.

And all the while, Trump has made his political rivals support a regime that just shot down an airliner. LOL.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
So Iran kills our people, we kill a terrorist, they have a fit, ineffectually lob missiles at us and shoot down an airliner full of non-Iranians.

Good one, Iran.

And all the while, Trump has made his political rivals support a regime that just shot down an airliner. LOL.

Good things to keep in mind when some mutherfucker says they're going to vote for the democrat in November.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking like not responding to Iran shooting down the drone- The next provocation from Iran will have a devastating response.

Last nights missile attack by Iran might of been the best they could do. They're not known for good military operations but underhanded terrorist attacks.

I'm sure we collected a ton of great signal intelligence and learned a lot about their capabilities.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Utah has the worst GOP politicians in the country. They are all horrible in their own ways.

Indeed. Seriously, what the hell is Mike Lee's problem?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
shoot down an airliner full of non-Iranians.

Oh, it's worse for the mullahs than that. From the link in c1Steve's post on page 31 of this thread there were 82 Iranians (out of 176 passengers total) onboard. That's a whole lot of angry families for the mullahs to have to contend with in their own back yard.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything points to the missiles being sent just to save face. The US was given an early warning. The missiles only destroyed one plane housing, that is nothing. This will probably fizzle down to nothing.

Hopefully Iran will back off on terrorism in Iraq, but probably they will just wait a while and start up again. And as mentioned above, Iran just shot down a bunch of their own people. Many were probably college students studying in Ukraine. The leadership is probably catching hell from Iranian families, rich and poor.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I sure haven't heard or read much about the airline crash. What's up with that?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I sure haven't heard or read much about the airline crash. What's up with that?

The media is working on a narrative that will place the blame on Trump and they haven't finished workshopping it yet.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post