SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General)
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We just killed Qassem Soleimani (Iranian General) Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
You know what? Good. Great!

President Trump should take full advantage of this and get us the hell out of there.

Agreed 100%. Enthusiastically. I'd love nothing more than to hear we're pulling out of the Mideast entirely.

Of course: As we depart every last bit of hardware we don't take with us and every facility we built for our use should be rendered permanently inoperable. Preferably in the most spectacular way possible.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

President Trump should take full advantage of this and get us the hell out of there.

Agreed 100%. Enthusiastically. I'd love nothing more than to hear we're pulling out of the Mideast entirely.

Of course: As we depart every last bit of hardware we don't take with us and every facility we built for our use should be rendered permanently inoperable. Preferably in the most spectacular way possible.

Oh and don’t forget shutting off all foreign aid. No more dollars....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
quote:

Definitely. Should almost go w/o saying.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
"Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran!"

flashguy

Wasn’t that a really famous song by The Beach Boys?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
"Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran!"

flashguy

Wasn’t that a really famous song by The Beach Boys?

Vince Vance and the Valiants.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

So we abandon our commitments to other nations in the Middle East and allow Iran to dominate it? What about our agreements with Israel? Saudi Arabia? Jordan? What about our commitments to moderates in Iraq, including Sunnis and Kurds that depended upon our influence to save them from outright genocide?

What kind of influence will we have in the rest of the world if we turn tail and run from the Iranians? In Europe? In the Pacific region? What would restrain North Korea from attacking the South or China invading Taiwan or even Japan, if we showed we're as easily dissuaded from honoring commitments as threats following our decisive actions in Iraq?

We don't need to invade Iraq again to address these issues, but pulling out all military personnel from the Middle East or any other region has worldwide implications and demonstrates a lack of resolve (apologist) attitude present in the previous administration that clearly didn't serve our long term interests.

There's a lot of room between being the "World Police" and the "Paper-tiger" many authoritarian nations hope to expose us as. This President seems to recognize this and is correctly charting the dangerous waters.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

So we abandon our commitments to other nations in the Middle East and allow Iran to dominate it? What about our agreements with Israel? Saudi Arabia? Jordan? What about our commitments to moderates in Iraq, including Sunnis and Kurds that depended upon our influence to save them from outright genocide?

What kind of influence will we have in the rest of the world if we turn tail and run from the Iranians? In Europe? In the Pacific region? What would restrain North Korea from attacking the South or China invading Taiwan or even Japan, if we showed we're as easily dissuaded from honoring commitments as threats following our decisive actions in Iraq?

We don't need to invade Iraq again to address these issues, but pulling out all military personnel from the Middle East or any other region has worldwide implications and demonstrates a lack of resolve (apologist) attitude present in the previous administration that clearly didn't serve our long term interests.

There's a lot of room between being the "World Police" and the "Paper-tiger" many authoritarian nations hope to expose us as. This President seems to recognize this and is correctly charting the dangerous waters.

Yes. Absolutely.

Iran is already doing 100 percent of the things you are claiming might happen if we cut off aid. 100 percent. We might as well keep the money. Google how many times Iraqi police or soldiers have turned on our troops and killed them in one fashion or another. Every bit of it is funded by.........us.

This is about like trying to throw money at drug addiction. It is not working. All we are doing is throwing bad money after bad money. You can't change people that don't want to be changed. We can't and shouldn't trade American lives for people who don't want us there to begin with. We shouldn't under no circumstance finance 97 percent of a foreign government that spends a great deal of its energy trying to kill us. Look at our spending and "negotiations" with the Taliban. How's that working out for us? Or the billions in pallets of cash we gave Iran. How is that working out for us? You can't buy or negotiate with evil. You can only kill it.

You may be all hot and bothered to trade your children's lives, your grandchilden's lives, and great grandchildren's lives to feel better about what goes on around the world, but I have not apatite to do so. Ask any parent of a fallen serviceman, and ask them if things are an ounce better than they were 20 years ago there? We have the technology to kill who needs killing without paying for it with US cash or lives to prop up hostile governments that don't even want us there.

We are spending trillions there because it makes us feel better about ourselves. It's time for us to stop feeding guilt by giving people who want us dead the financial means to do so.

Here's a wild idea. Instead of forever wars where we trade American lives and cash, how about we just kill these people that need killing? How about we just kill them wholesale? While there certainly true believers that this will have no effect on, there are many who come off as true believers that will take pause in the notion that they are quite possibly next.

Stop funding the enemy. Stop wasting American lives. Trump did more in a single airstrike that the last 10 dead US servicemen traded their lives for. How many billions did it cost for us have the honor to trade our sons and daughters for a little temporary security of people who hate us and want us dead?

Our current path has not worked. Time for a different approach. We have the technology. Kill them wholesale without paying for it in American lives and aid.

If your country wants aid from us, we should be seeing a return on our investment. And currently, we just aren't seeing it in this region.

Time to stop running foreign policy like its a hobby, and time to start running it like it is a business.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
I would have loved for this tweet to have been spoken instead, like Bush's "This will not stand" comment. But anyway, I love that Trump acknowledged our 52 hostages from '79-'81.

I see what you’re saying, but I kinda like that he puts it out there in simple, written form.

Not that it’s “official” by any means, but It not only holds him accountable in a way, but also doesn’t allow the media to chop up a speech and choose the parts that play to liberal emotions and allow them to twist what he said in a video.

It also gives visibility for people like me and millions of others that really don’t watch the news and get a huge chunk of their info from social media.

As an example, I just shared this screenshot to thousands on Sigforum and also on Facebook/Twitter who read it in a few seconds, rather than sitting through a video speech.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

What kind of influence will we have in the rest of the world if we turn tail and run from the Iranians? In Europe? In the Pacific region? What would restrain North Korea ...

Please see Items The Second and The Sixth, below:

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
I would have loved for this tweet to have been spoken instead, like Bush's "This will not stand" comment. But anyway, I love that Trump acknowledged our 52 hostages from '79-'81.

I see what you’re saying, but I kinda like that he puts it out there in simple, written form.

Not that it’s “official” by any means, but It not only holds him accountable in a way, but also doesn’t allow the media to chop up a speech and choose the parts that play to liberal emotions and allow them to twist what he said in a video.

It also gives visibility for people like me and millions of others that really don’t watch the news and get a huge chunk of their info from social media.

As an example, I just shared this screenshot to thousands on Sigforum and also on Facebook/Twitter who read it in a few seconds, rather than sitting through a video speech.

In addition, who would give it airtime? Fox and no other major network. I used to think his tweeting so much was annoying but now have come to the conclusion that it is the one way he can disseminate information that the MSM cannot stifle. And it annoys the hell out of the left.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Sounds like DT is the lion...

Christopher Walken Lion Speech

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's a wild idea. Instead of forever wars where we trade American lives and cash, how about we just kill these people that need killing? How about we just kill them wholesale? While there certainly true believers that this will have no effect on, there are many who come off as true believers that will take pause in the notion that they are quite possibly next.

Stop funding the enemy. Stop wasting American lives. Trump did more in a single airstrike that the last 10 dead US servicemen traded their lives for. How many billions did it cost for us have the honor to trade our sons and daughters for a little temporary security of people who hate us and want us dead?

Our current path has not worked. Time for a different approach. We have the technology. Kill them wholesale without paying for it in American lives and aid.

If your country wants aid from us, we should be seeing a return on our investment. And currently, we just aren't seeing it in this region.

Time to stop running foreign policy like its a hobby, and time to start running it like it is a business.
Game, set, and match.

We have wasted enough lives, time, and money on the current path.

Support true allies who not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Fuck the rest.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Its time for us to leave the middle east for good. We should only conduct business with responsible legitimate governments there and cut off all relations with the others. In addition refuse to do business with countries that support those regimes. We dont need to defeat them militarily anymore when we have the full power of our economy to wave around. We arent making the world safer by occupying the desert. If you havent seen that truth over the last 20 years I dont know what else to tell ya.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think I'd like to print that, frame it, and hang it at work.

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There have been many many excellent posts, but Jones' post above is one of the best posts I've read on here.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
There have been many many excellent posts, but Jones' post above is one of the best posts I've read on here.

Yep.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too agree with Jones. No more American blood or cash for these savages. If they continue to threaten US citizens or interests, then target their leadership and finish them. Make it clear to these despots that if they threaten or harm US citizens, they do so at risk to their lives. Should a legit effort to establish a peaceful democracy take hold in these shitholes, then we should support that effort. And that does not mean back one faction of extremist scum over another faction of scum.
Think what good we could do with the $$$ we spend on these animals to help our own people.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
Sounds like DT is the lion...

Christopher Walken Lion Speech

I had not seen that before. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I agree with you.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes. Absolutely.

Iran is already doing 100 percent of the things you are claiming might happen if we cut off aid. 100 percent. We might as well keep the money. Google how many times Iraqi police or soldiers have turned on our troops and killed them in one fashion or another. Every bit of it is funded by.........us.

This is about like trying to throw money at drug addiction. It is not working. All we are doing is throwing bad money after bad money. You can't change people that don't want to be changed.......

Sorry, but your analogy is akin to just throwing in the towel on narcotics enforcement and legalizing the "recreational use" of heroin, cocaine, meth, etc.... There is no REAL cure for addiction that and even the best programs work only about 10% of the time.

Without a "downside" (judicial intervention), there's no reason for addicts to quit and the same can be said of terrorists intent on carrying out an agenda. Why wouldn't a "rogue" state such as Iran seek to impose its will on the world, if no nation(s) challenged it's agenda? Throw in the towel (as you advocate), and you'll have a world similar to the (lawless) state of California and New York. No thanks.

There IS a better way, but look where ignoring the agenda of Al Qaeda got us? The Obama doctrine of apologies and cash certainly didn't dissuade the Iranians from expanding their influence, it contributed to it and we got nothing for our efforts.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Whatever.

www.opspectraining.com