SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sitting in the Hospital beside my wife, reflecting...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sitting in the Hospital beside my wife, reflecting... Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I'm sitting in the hospital reflecting on the fact that 9 years ago TODAY, it was me that was laying in the bed and Carol who was taking care of me. My large intestine split like a cheap inner tube due to Diverticulitis. I spent a couple weeks here and went home with a bag attached to my side. Through Carol's outstanding care, we were able to have a second surgery 4 months later to reverse the process and get me back to "pooping the normal way".

My wife Carol (Bea Itchin’) has cancer. Tumors were detected when she started having seizures last week.
Biopsy is tomorrow, Hopefully we’ll have the result by Friday and will start Radiation on Monday and Chemo the following week.
She has 3 tumors in her brain, 3 in the lungs, one on a rib, one on the adrenal gland (that is larger THAN the adrenal gland), one on each kidney and spleen.
She broke her arm on April 1st, and the cancer has already spread to the broken arm. Still waiting on the orthopedist to see what (if anything) they are going to do about that.
Current plan is for her to go home on Thursday, and have Radiation and Chemo on an Outpatient basis.
She is in NEGMC Gainesville.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Sending Prayers my friend.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
You both are in my prayers for strength & healing.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Prayers and hoping for best

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You and Carol will be in my prayers. Time for you to repay her efforts.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My best to you and Carol. Let us all know if we can do anything.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent Rolan for you both. While caring for her, don't forget about yourself. Please keep us posted.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolan so sorry to hear about this. My best wishes to you all.

Posts: 236 | Registered: October 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your sweetie.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Wishing you both strength and healing. Hard to believe it's been that long since your issue. Hoping her treatment is as successful.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear this.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10889 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you both!

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You’re both in my prayers.

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Rolan I will pray for you and your wife.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Dave, prayers and blessings to Carol for comfort and recovery. May God's healing hands be placed around you and your family.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you both.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10907 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Prayers inbound, Dave.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Rolan...I am so sorry to hear of this...I am almost at a loss of words Frown...
I assure you I will keep the both of you as well as her doctors and nurses caring for her, in my thoughts and prayers for strength and for the best possible outcome fighting and winning this.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Prayers have been sent for you and your lovely wife. Please post if you need any support or encouragement.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5394 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for both of you Dave.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post