SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gunshow report - its been a long time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunshow report - its been a long time Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
OK, today's show in Louisville, KY was a good one. Its time things start to get back to normal. And I didn't even want to go. But my wife figured I needed to get out and about, and my youngest son wanted to go. So off we went.

Got there late, not seeing any reason to push things. And it wasn't bad, even with t he worst possible other event taking place. The high school girls cheerleading convention. Young girls are the most self indulgent group I've ever seen. My partner, Joe, got so mad at them one time he actually yelled at them "Move!" They figuer they are entitled to stand in a hall way and block everyone.

OK, the drive down wasn't bad at all because my wife was driving and I could watch stuff ouraidw. I didn't have much I wanted to sell, but David Carroll, as always kind of hosted us. My collection of junk only included 4 items. A sleeve of primers, 900 9mm Remington rounds, a Randall 1911, and a junk Colt revolver from about 1920. Felt pretty good, taking in cash instead of paying it out. Saw all the old faces (feces) and everyone was happy to see everyone.

But the crowd was different. Lots of first timers, mostly looking for ammo and concealable handguns. I sold all my stuff before we could get it up on a table. I didn't feel like I was taking advantage of thngs, but others seemsx only too happy to buy up my stuff. Interesting that my youngest son came along and he felt it was his job to advise me on what to charge. So I ignored him and charged what I wanted. All my stuff sold, but none of his did. Kind of fun.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to make the run down there, but I am laid up at home with Covid. Glad to hear that it was a good show.

Posts: 2225 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
You had 9 mm for sale and didn’t tell me??? Oh the humanity.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12429 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Good to see ya rburg. I had a good show - bought nothing and sold several nice older revolvers. Big crowd and most looked better wearing masks, op included. Wink

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
You're just jealous because my mask had potato chips on it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I always gotta work weekends when the shows are going on. One of these days.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Glad you got to go.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
...900 9mm Remington rounds...

You didn’t even have to leave your home to sell those. Wink

I haven’t seen 9mm rounds for sale in almost a year, with one exception. I did stumble upon two boxes for sale. $100 a box. So $2 per round for 9mm. Needless to say I didn’t buy any. I dream of the days of getting some ammo and being able to go shoot some targets.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
There was plenty of ammo at NGD and they were stacked 3 deep buying/looking. 15-20cents per round was going rate for .22s. Buck a round for 9mm maybe less maybe more depending on who has it. I'm off in a few minutes for day 2.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post