SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Telephone scams: I receive at least one call per day...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Telephone scams: I receive at least one call per day... Login/Join 
KANE CHARLEY 6
posted Hide Post
Tell your elderly family members to watch for the "Granny/Grandpa" scam. We have had three over the last 72 hours. Wife answers phone: caller sez Grandma its your oldest grandaughter. Wife says how are you Mary (not her real name) caller sez I have just been in an auto accident etc. The trick is one is prompted to repeat the real name and they carry on the spoof from there. I just got another, about an hour ago, caller says Grandpa I have just been in an auto accident. I said who is this: caller sez "it's your oldest grandson and I am in the hospital" I sez "Oh my Billy what do you need?". Billy sez he needs $1500 bucks for hospital right away. I sez: "Good luck Billy maybe your real grandpa can help you cause I got no Grandson named Billy and you can go screw yourself". NB All these calls came from area code 222.

OLDUtahskibum

Posts: 203 | Location: Sandy,UT (Greatest snow on earth) | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Hello, this is Lenny....

Erasing scammer's computers

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
These guys are fun...

It is a personal hobby to screw with them.

So far, my personal records, are to keep "Rachel" from "Cardmember Services" on the phone for about 35 minutes..

I've had the last idiot from "Windows Tech Support" on the phone for over an hour. A LONG... FRUSTRATING... HOUR... for him at least...

I had it on speaker laughing at him.

If I could, I'd get a cell phone number dedicated to screwing with these assclowns...

That's hardcore.

If I do not recognize the number then I do not pick up.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post