SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good bye for now? Suzuki Hayabusa reaches end of the road.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good bye for now? Suzuki Hayabusa reaches end of the road. Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Nah, that is not my bike but it is my favorite year/color combo. I will eventually own one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Euro regs the GSXR-750 now also appears to have an uncertain fate. Euro regs mean no new 2019 models can be sold in Europe though it appears for now that it will continue on in the US market for 2019.

Without any current race series for it I do wonder if the brilliant middleweight missile will continue to exist?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
My new next door neighbor has one, he had it out almost every weekend before the winter. What a bike.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Now it looks like Yamaha might be redesigning the R1 thanks to the EU’s stupid regs.

Link to article on R1

I suppose it doesn’t hurt to redesign a bike that’s a few years old. Still sucks that manufacturers are having more and more regulatory bullshit placed on them.

I would LOVE to see the European Union shatter and collapse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
The NA market is the biggest in terms of volume, but the EU emissions regs still rule the R&D world. BMW and HD both went to liquid cooling because of this. HD and BMW can still get by with oil coolers for their smaller bikes, but once you go much over 1200cc emissions becomes an issue.

Here's an article showing the progression of EU emissions standards. You can compare and contrast to some of the developments in the moto world.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm more upset about the end of the Kawasaki KLR650.

I'm with you there. I've always wanted one...I'm hoping they come out with a replacement that is similar in size and simplicity, but with a little more horsepower (50-75 would be plenty).

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
There was a Busa rider that worked a few miles out of town and would go to work at 0600 in the morning. He would take the ramp onto I-15 and bragged he could hit 180+ in the less than two miles until he took his work exit.

One morning a 1 ton pickup with a work box on it turned directly across the roadway in front of him.The diver was turned around , new to the area and was going to take a cut across between the two lanes.

The bike hit the pickup in the door, at speed. The velocity/mass equation was such that the truck was rolled onto it's side!

Unfortunately NOW every time I see a Busa I'm reminded of that wreck.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Rumors have been going around that the Hayabusa will be back for 2021 with a larger engine, new frame and of course a new exhaust/emission system thanks to the euro emission crap. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like the Hayabusa going to be a factory forced induction (supercharger/turbo charger) bike as their focus seems to be updating bike and passing emissions. Which makes sense since new euro emission regs effectively killed the current bike.

Oddly enough the speculation about turbo bikes from Suzuki seems to be focused on two VERY interesting projects, A turbocharged 500cc & 700cc parallel twin putting out 100 and 150 hp. That would be interesting if true. A light weight bike in the 500-700cc range but with 100-150 hp might be a way to win over new riders and generate lots of excitement in the middle weight range. If anything it’ll make the twins class even more fun at the track!

Most of the speculation is based off of blueprints and patents have been submitted/ posted online. I can’t wait to see what Suzuki is up to. 2020-2021 should be big years for the motorcycle masters in Hamamatsu.

It looks like the GSX-R1000’s brilliant VVT system is getting phased out (slight pun intended) for a more easy to tune/control pneumatic cam phasing system.

Lastly, it looks like the baby GSX-R 250 is getting replaced by a new 300.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Banned
posted Hide Post
Always thought Hayabusa was an awesome name. WAY back in the 60's I had the Hayabusa of that era. The Suzuki X6. It was only 250 cc. But was an incredibly fast bike. Suzuki really builds some ground breaking bikes.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Always thought Hayabusa was an awesome name. WAY back in the 60's I had the Hayabusa of that era. The Suzuki X6. It was only 250 cc. But was an incredibly fast bike. Suzuki really builds some ground breaking bikes.

HaHa, it was hard to keep the front wheel on the ground when the X6 came onto the power band Big Grin

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post